Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 234   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sophie, The Countess of Wessex  (Read 948643 times)
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #3330 on: December 18, 2019, 10:12:47 PM »

The Philips live at Bagshot like the Wessex, is that correct?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3331 on: December 21, 2019, 12:19:05 AM »

Love that all the cousins are so close and seem to really enjoy each other!  Smiley Smiley
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3332 on: December 21, 2019, 02:29:38 AM »

The Philips live at Bagshot like the Wessex, is that correct?

They don't live at Bagshot. That is the name of the home of the Wessexes and they live in that home alone.

I have seen reports that the Philip's like the Tindalls live at Gatcombe but also that they live in London (maybe they have homes in both places - a home in London and a 'weekender' on the Gatcombe estate, which Anne owns.
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3333 on: December 22, 2019, 03:47:09 PM »

It makes a lot of sense for Zara and Family to live at Gatcombe, where she can have the horses on site. Given that both of her parents were Olympic eventers, I am sure that the training facility there is quite excellent. I am not sure that it's got the same attraction for the Philips' as I dont believe any of them is horse inclined.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #3334 on: January 23, 2020, 10:48:38 PM »

This week Sophie is visiting Sierra Leone to learn more about the work being done to support survivors of sexual violence in conflict.

https://www.dailymail.co....s-visit-Sierra-Leone.html
https://www.dailymail.co....nted-bouquet-flowers.html

Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #3335 on: January 23, 2020, 11:35:03 PM »

Sophie packed quite a lot into a two day visit, all very meaningful engagements too. Just what one would expect of her.  Smiley

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
jolene

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #3336 on: January 24, 2020, 01:10:08 AM »

She's beauty inside and out. 
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #3337 on: January 24, 2020, 01:47:43 PM »

She packed many interesting visits into this trip, but what exactly is it accomplishing for anyone? Meanwhile carbon footprints are counting up...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #3338 on: January 24, 2020, 10:07:50 PM »

She packed many interesting visits into this trip, but what exactly is it accomplishing for anyone? Meanwhile carbon footprints are counting up...

Since Sophie,  the Best Bread and Butter Countess on Earth  Jumping  does not have MOONSHINE MUTTS   Halo 
on speed-dial, I volunteer my services as her town crier/ Banana split  / spin doctor:

Sophie, Countess of Wessex, Royal ambassador extraordinaire   Swoon,  was requested by The Foreign and
Commonwealth Office, to visit Sierra Leone to gauge the impact of and meet the people running the  UK-Sierra
 Leone partnerships assisting with Sierra Leone's  rehabilitation efforts. She has worked tirelessly with women
and children in societies recovering from war-zone abuses, for decades. The Foreign and Commonwealth Office
knew that she would indeed be hit the ground, sprinting (running is so pedestrian  Roll Eyes).  Lolipop

With the focus of her visit on addressing sexual and gender based violence, supporting survivors, and
championing women’s role in peace-building, she listened with compassion to the women from the armed
forces and  members of civil society as they shared the challenges and milestones achieved in Sierra Leone's
arduous road to recovery from the devastation of their decade long civil war and the subsequent Ebola outbreak.

She also had in depth discussions to develop a sense of the Sierra Leone-ans experiences of UK-Sierra Leone
partnerships, what worked and what was not working quite as well as it should.

The visit to the peacetime museum and the tour of the archives of the Special Court and Truth and reconciliation
Commission revealed the painstaking diligence with which the Sierra Leonians recorded their painful history to prevent
future generations form repeating it. Our compassionate Countess was visibly moved by the commission's determination
to find justice for survivors of the conflict and sexual violence, while attempting to rehabilitate the  perpetrators of the
atrocities.

Members of a women's parliamentary group presented the Countess with an embroidered sash as a keepsake. The Countess
was delighted with the thoughtful gift. We, royal reporters, on her whistle stop but massively impactful tour, have no doubt
that had the Countess been presented with an 18ct gold and diamond necklace from the resource rich country
trying to find its feet, she would very graciously have declined it in favour of what was clearly a sash made with love.
Her philosophy:

Every pence saved on gifts for dignitaries is a pence spent on the clearly vulnerable and traumatized women
and girls for whom even sanitary pads were until very recently an unimaginable luxury

Sophie rounded off Day 1 of her  trip with a thoughtful speech, refreshingly devoid of word salads, at the reception for
UK partners at the British High Commissioner's residence in Freetown.

Stay tuned for more coverage of the Best Bread and Butter Countess on this rock hurtling
through space.

P.S. Concerned as you should be of the carbon footprint of these diplomatic missions, the Countess and press pack flew
economy class and used barges wherever possible, navigating the crocodile and hippopotamus populations which call the Sierra
Leone River estuary, home.  The mission was offered hybrid grunge grovers for the trip but the Countess was aghast,
referring to the offer as:

"woefully self-indulgent and painfully out of touch against the backdrop of immense human suffering".

Smelt-On, Celebrant of Our Lady's Church of Victim-hood, did offer to offset the carbon emissions of the flight but the Countess insisted
 that such an association would fly (ooh, a pun!) in the face of the intent of UK-Sierra Leone partnerships, namely, to build resilience
instead of undermining it. Nary a word of woe-is-me did we hear from the Sierra Leoneans who stared into the eyes of death
and devastation and decided #NotMe.

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #3339 on: January 24, 2020, 10:16:24 PM »

Since Sophie,  the Best Bread and Butter Countess on Earth  Jumping  does not have MOONSHINE MUTTS   Halo 
on speed-dial, I volunteer my services as her town crier/ Banana split  / spin doctor:

Sophie, Countess of Wessex, Royal ambassador extraordinaire   Swoon,  was requested by The Foreign and
Commonwealth Office, to visit Sierra Leone to gauge the impact of and meet the people running the  UK-Sierra
 Leone partnerships assisting with Sierra Leone's  rehabilitation efforts. She has worked tirelessly with women
and children in societies recovering from war-zone abuses, for decades. The Foreign and Commonwealth Office
knew that she would indeed be hit the ground, sprinting (running is so pedestrian  Roll Eyes).  Lolipop

With the focus of her visit on addressing sexual and gender based violence, supporting survivors, and
championing women’s role in peace-building, she listened with compassion to the women from the armed
forces and  members of civil society as they shared the challenges and milestones achieved in Sierra Leone's
arduous road to recovery from the devastation of their decade long civil war and the subsequent Ebola outbreak.

She also had in depth discussions to develop a sense of the Sierra Leone-ans experiences of UK-Sierra Leone

The visit to the peacetime museum and the tour of the archives of the Special Court and Truth and reconciliation
Commission revealed the painstaking diligence with which the Sierra Leonians recorded their painful history to prevent
future generations form repeating it. Our compassionate Countess was visibly moved by the commission's determination
to find justice for survivors of the conflict and sexual violence, while attempting to rehabilitate the  perpetrators of the
atrocities.

Members of a women's parliamentary group presented the Countess with an embroidered sash as a keepsake. The Countess
was delighted with the thoughtful gift. We, royal reporters, on her whistle stop but massively impactful tour, have no doubt
that had the Countess been presented with an 18ct gold and diamond necklace from the resource rich country
trying to find its feet, she would very graciously have declined it in favour of what was clearly a sash made with love.
Her philosophy:

Every pence saved on gifts for dignitaries is a pence spent on the clearly vulnerable and traumatized women
and girls for whom even sanitary pads were until very recently an unimaginable luxury

Sophie rounded off Day 1 of her  trip with a thoughtful speech, refreshingly devoid of word salads, at the reception for

Stay tuned for more coverage of the Best Bread and Butter Countess on this rock hurtling
through space.

P.S. Concerned as you should be of the carbon footprint of these diplomatic missions, the Countess and press pack flew
economy class and used barges wherever possible, navigating the crocodile and hippopotamus populations which call the Sierra
Leone River estuary, home.  The mission was offered hybrid grunge grovers for the trip but the Countess was aghast,

"woefully self-indulgent and painfully out of touch against the backdrop of immense human suffering".

Smelt-On, Celebrant of Our Lady's Church of Victim-hood, did offer to offset the carbon emissions of the flight but the Countess insisted
 that such an association would fly (ooh, a pun!) in the face of the intent of UK-Sierra Leone partnerships, namely, to build resilience
instead of undermining it. Nary a word of woe-is-me did we hear from the Sierra Leoneans who stared into the eyes of death

Jumping Jumping Laugh bounce Laugh bounce  Star

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #3340 on: January 24, 2020, 10:35:58 PM »

Jumping Jumping Laugh bounce Laugh bounce  Star

[/quote] Beer 

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #3341 on: January 24, 2020, 10:37:42 PM »

Since Sophie,  the Best Bread and Butter Countess on Earth  Jumping  does not have MOONSHINE MUTTS  Halo  
on speed-dial, I volunteer my services as her town crier/ Banana split  / spin doctor:

Sophie, Countess of Wessex, Royal ambassador extraordinaire   Swoon,  was requested by The Foreign and
Commonwealth Office, to visit Sierra Leone to gauge the impact of and meet the people running the  UK-Sierra
 Leone partnerships assisting with Sierra Leone's  rehabilitation efforts. She has worked tirelessly with women
knew that she would indeed be hit the ground, sprinting (running is so pedestrian  Roll Eyes).  Lolipop

forces and  members of civil society as they shared the challenges and milestones achieved in Sierra Leone's

to find justice for survivors of the conflict and sexual violence, while attempting to rehabilitate the  perpetrators of the
atrocities.

Her philosophy:

Sophie rounded off Day 1 of her  trip with a thoughtful speech, refreshingly devoid of word salads, at the reception for

through space.

Leone River estuary, home.  The mission was offered hybrid grunge grovers for the trip but the Countess was aghast,

Beer

Mary's life motto:
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #3342 on: January 24, 2020, 10:43:38 PM »

Sophie's dress above that is green is a gorgeous dress, but that shade of green is all kinds of wrong for her. The belts, yes, light blue and the wine color. I love the line of it and the flowingness of it.

Also, can I just opine right here that I can't stand this: Royal __ is hear learning about such and such. Why all the "learning?" Are they going to go back and advance the cause, get a degree in it? I'd prefer they just admit they are bringing attention to the cause by royaling at it.
jolene

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #3343 on: January 25, 2020, 01:47:04 AM »

If she lectured about the environment I would throw shade, but as far as I know, she doesn't do that.
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #3344 on: January 25, 2020, 01:48:38 AM »

Brown people need white saviors, Fairy.  #TrueFacts.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 234   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: