Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sophie, The Countess of Wessex  (Read 1200894 times)
thecrownjewelthief

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3870 on: December 05, 2022, 07:18:54 PM »

Congratulations to Sophie! That's an award with some gravitas. It's great to see her work recognized along with other prestigious women and from a former FL, Senator, and Sec of State!
anneboleyn

Warned
Gigantic Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #3871 on: December 05, 2022, 07:55:49 PM »

Congratulations to Sophie! That's an award with some gravitas. It's great to see her work recognized along with other prestigious women and from a former FL, Senator, and Sec of State!

Agreed! Very cool. What an honour.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Mariola

Large Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #3872 on: December 05, 2022, 09:28:15 PM »

Good to see the Ukrainian women honoured also.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #3873 on: December 05, 2022, 11:55:32 PM »

It seems like accepting an award from Hillary Clinton is flying dangerously closing to mixing with politics? 
thecrownjewelthief

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #3874 on: December 06, 2022, 12:09:10 AM »

It seems like accepting an award from Hillary Clinton is flying dangerously closing to mixing with politics? 

How so? It's an award from a prestigious university that has named part of their program in an honor of a female leader. She's not an active politician nor is this affiliated with a campaign or political party in anyway... Senator Romney and various current MA politicians were at the Earthshot Awards on Friday as well.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #3875 on: December 06, 2022, 12:12:18 AM »

How so? It's an award from a prestigious university that has named part of their program in an honor of a female leader. She's not an active politician nor is this affiliated with a campaign or political party in anyway... Senator Romney and various current MA politicians were at the Earthshot Awards on Friday as well.

Fair enough; I suppose since over here HRC is such a polarizing figure who is only known for her political career, it seems a little...off somehow, especially since it's unusual for the RF to accept awards.  It's been said by many others that "The Royal Family gives awards, not accepts them" so maybe that's why this rubs me a bit wrong.

Still a fan of Sophie, though, but would prefer her not to accept awards in general, let alone from US politicians (current or former).

EDIT:  I understand now that it is named after HRC and not given by HRC or her foundation.  My discomfort with it is somewhat lessened.

I do hope this isn't the beginning of royals accepting awards though; that whole thing rubs me wrong but that is going to be a long, possibly off-topic explanation and I won't inflict that on anyone!
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3876 on: December 06, 2022, 12:23:57 AM »

Royals have accepted awards many times in the past e.g. https://www.rotary.org/en...ince-charles-prince-wales Prince Charles received this award earlier this year.

A list of awards that Charles has been given over the years https://en.wikipedia.org/...s_received_by_Charles_III
thecrownjewelthief

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #3877 on: December 06, 2022, 03:52:52 AM »

Fair enough; I suppose since over here HRC is such a polarizing figure who is only known for her political career, it seems a little...off somehow, especially since it's unusual for the RF to accept awards.  It's been said by many others that "The Royal Family gives awards, not accepts them" so maybe that's why this rubs me a bit wrong.

Still a fan of Sophie, though, but would prefer her not to accept awards in general, let alone from US politicians (current or former).

EDIT:  I understand now that it is named after HRC and not given by HRC or her foundation.  My discomfort with it is somewhat lessened.

I do hope this isn't the beginning of royals accepting awards though; that whole thing rubs me wrong but that is going to be a long, possibly off-topic explanation and I won't inflict that on anyone!

Fair enough! It's definitely an interesting area.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #3878 on: December 06, 2022, 11:37:50 PM »

Fair enough! It's definitely an interesting area.

Agreed!   Smiley  Beer
Aubiette

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3879 on: December 07, 2022, 05:38:38 PM »

In Washington, The Countess of Wessex has attended meetings to discuss furthering efforts to support survivors of sexual violence & women peacekeepers.

📍 Office of the White House Gender Council Policy
📍 Atlantic Council
📍 US Institute of Peace
https://www.royal.uk/coun...lary-rodham-clinton-award

Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Black Pearl

Ignore
« Reply #3880 on: December 07, 2022, 05:52:45 PM »

Not that I am begrudging Sophie her award, but I am glad to see she is also attending meetings whilst here. No jump on the plane grab the award and back on the plane for our Sophie.

“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” -- CS Lewis
Aubiette

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3881 on: December 11, 2022, 09:24:22 PM »

A most unflattering outfit.  Nerves

🐕 On Thursday, The Countess of Wessex attended Guide Dog's Christmas Carol Service. Sophie met those who are benefiting from the work of @guidedogs, as well as a number of dogs.

Her Royal Highness is Patron of the charity.

https://twitter.com/crown...;t=adRR_ctNGAR3UpTzQ4bjOQ

Thistle

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #3882 on: December 15, 2022, 05:10:37 PM »

Sophie attended this morning the Lord High Admiral's Passing Out Parade at Britannia Royal Naval College in Dartmouth, Devon. From her speech:

'This is a big moment in your lives – the moment when you become serving officers in His Majesty’s Navy, the moment when you leave all the hard training behind you and take up the mantle of responsibility.

'Until now you have been looking to others to guide you and show you the way. From now on, it is you who will be leading others. Leading – and leading well – takes skill.

'Officers who stand out are those who put the men and women with whom they serve first and in doing so seem to foster bonds of loyalty, credibility and respect.

'A new generation of naval officers is born today. I hope you will be proud of what you have achieved and what you will go on to achieve.'

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
anneboleyn

Warned
Gigantic Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #3883 on: December 15, 2022, 05:16:03 PM »

Hate the hat but the coat looks nice and her speech is good.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Emac0914

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #3884 on: December 15, 2022, 08:39:45 PM »

Sophie has been a great asset to the RF.  She looks wonderful at tonight’s carol concert at Westminister.  She wears that ivory winter white well!
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: