Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 225   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sophie, The Countess of Wessex  (Read 887319 times)
Cara

Humongous Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2010, 10:04:33 AM »

i remember a picture where she was flashing her breasts at the camera and looked intoxicated.

the picture got pulled out very quickly and has not been seen ever again.
Diamond Lil

Gigantic Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2010, 11:29:22 AM »

i remember a picture where she was flashing her breasts at the camera and looked intoxicated.

the picture got pulled out very quickly and has not been seen ever again.

You're right Cara.  The photo got pulled, and then vanished without a trace.

Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2010, 11:57:24 AM »

Do you mean this picture?: http://royaldish.com/inde....msg261721.html#msg261721

Maybe I'm too uptight but I wouldn't look very happy if my co-worker pulled up my bikini top in any situation, much less posing for a picture.

Cara

Humongous Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2010, 12:46:02 PM »

Do you mean this picture?: http://royaldish.com/inde....msg261721.html#msg261721

Maybe I'm too uptight but I wouldn't look very happy if my co-worker pulled up my bikini top in any situation, much less posing for a picture.

not sure if the question was meant for me, but that is not the picture i am thinking of. the one i remember, sophie looks at the camera.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2010, 01:18:06 PM »

Since the birth-drama I've had a soft-spot for Edward and Sophie. They seem like a happy little family that don't want too much attention - I like that.
ggc

Mini Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2010, 09:21:41 PM »

I like her too. I can see why the Queen likes her. Sophie is and always was a hardworker and her work history did work in her favor in winning the Queen's support prior to marriage and even to this day.  IMO If Sophie had done nothing but live in her parents house , never working at the age of 28 when she met Prince Edward, I doubt the Queen would have been so supportive of the union.
 She had her own life, traveled the world, lived and worked in another Country, had suitors, went to business school and made her own way in the world by the time she was 28 when she met Prince Edward (by chance when she was asked to fill in for the news reporter who did not show up for the Real-tennis event.) The radio station and officials asked Sophie to "fill in' and play tennis with Prince Edward.) Sophie had a life prior to Edward,worked, made her own money which I always liked about her. She was a selfstarter.

The sting was overblown in the press imo, it was a smear campaign,to throw a negative light on Pr. Edward and Sophie having outside jobs and true, it worked, because she did fall into the trap, by gossiping, but I still felt the press overblew it. She was basically being gossipy to impress perhaps. Sophie never said many of the things the tabloid press wrote.
She referred to the Queen Mum as the old dear, it was said affectionately. She never promised the sheik any connection to a Royal at all. Her trouble arose from the fact that she was commenting on several of the Royals in a business private dinner, something she should never have done, true, She mentioned Charles and Camilla being unpopular, saying also they would marry as soon as the Queen Mum was gone, that was definately too much gossipy information, and stupid to be discussing  and what she said about Blair was that he tried to be too Presidential, another no-no, Royals don't discuss politics, or opinions on such, she also discussed something about the destruction of the Countryside. 

It is true she should not have been talking at all and she was trying to perhaps impress, but she never promised access to a Royal. Her problem was that she was being gossipy, discussing personal-private thoughts about Royals and other subjects in an attempt to impress. She has learned from her  mistake.  imo

There hasn't been any tell-all books leaked from her to Royal author's, no mad spending sprees, very little drama or complaints in all these years.  The press 'set-up' sting is what the press has to latch on to  as a negative for her, in all the years of being a Royal and she was involved in the sting relatively early in the marriage, she has learned her lesson. She has become a hardworking Royal and has remained the Queen's favorite and adored by her father-in-law Pr.Phillip. She does her job and is doing exactly what a Royal wife should. IMO
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2012, 08:45:46 PM »

Sophie, Countess of Wessex, speaks to Chelsea Pensioners at the annual Founder's Day parade at the Royal Hospital in Chelsea, London June 7, 2012. The private charitable hospital which houses retired members of the British armed forces was founded in the seventeenth century by King Charles II.

http://www.daylife.com/se...untess+wessex+7+june+2012

http://www.gettyimages.de...;EditorialProduct=Royalty

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 09:02:36 PM by Miss Waynfleet » Logged
tatty

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2012, 08:54:59 PM »

I think Sophie was in an impossible situation, the press were gunning for her when she was working, they wouldn't leave her in peace, and now that she's not working some press have labelled her a parasite or a hanger-on.

It didn't have to be that way but the press hounded her out of her own business just to make headlines and sell newspapers.

PrincessMLA
Banned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2012, 11:13:34 AM »

I think Sophie gets a bum rap sometimes. She had an impressive background before marriage, and though not high profile, but she has 64 patronages, and supports her husband and his. She is obviously thought highly of by her mother in law too.

I didn't realize until recently that she is step-cousins with the actor Paul Bettany (her paternal grandmother married Paul's paternal grandfather, father of actor Thane Bettany, after they were both widowed). Thane is her godfaher.
Lolita

« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2012, 04:28:47 PM »

I think Sophie was in an impossible situation, the press were gunning for her when she was working, they wouldn't leave her in peace, and now that she's not working some press have labelled her a parasite or a hanger-on.

It didn't have to be that way but the press hounded her out of her own business just to make headlines and sell newspapers.

Agreed. She deserved some stick but IMO they exaggerated thus forcing a woman who could have been a female role model out of her impressive job. I will always respect her for trying to maintain a career after her marriage although she had to give in in the end.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2012, 04:31:57 PM »

Good posts everyone regarding Sophie. Are they all wearing little clusters of oak leaves?
lyndell75

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2012, 07:26:48 PM »

Having a career made her seem qualified to do the job of becoming a member of the RF

PrincessMLA
Banned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2012, 09:34:13 PM »

I think the shame is, unless you marry a cousin like one of the Kents and Gloucesters, you likely have to give up your career in the end. If Harry were to marry Chelsy, she'd not be able to continue as a lawyer, where the duke of gloucester's daughter in law on the other hand is a practicing pediatrition.
Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Daiz

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2012, 10:51:27 PM »

I don't think Sophie was as innocent as people are saying. The tone of the interview was very much that she was trying to win business by revealing the inside gossip of the royals. She used to ask potential clients to meet her for lunch at Buckingham Palace. It was all pretty sleazy. When her business was finally wound up it was massively in debt but she seemed to get away with not paying her creditors.
Lolita

« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2012, 11:23:59 PM »

They are in Gibraltar:
http://www.dailymail.co.u...-controversial-visit.html
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 225   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: