Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 251   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sophie, The Countess of Wessex  (Read 1130273 times)
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2012, 05:23:22 PM »

Are they visiting a mosque in Gibraltar? I didn't realise there were any there. Makes sense though I guess.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
PrincessMLA
Banned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2012, 05:40:48 PM »

The white outfit is a recycle. She wore it recently in the UK for one of the events there.

Her and Edward travel a lot, and not just this year. They represent the queen at many of the continent royal weddings/baptisms/funerals. They also travel for the DOE awards, which Edward has been taking over from his dad in the past few years.

Though Gibralter is mainly catholic, they do have about 4% Muslim, so a synagogue is not out of place. I'd think there is likely a few, as there is a smaller Jewish population and 3 synagogues in Gibralter.

ronda

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2012, 05:35:33 PM »

According to this article in the Telegraph, the Wessex's are the " new Firm favourites" after coming
  back from their Gilbraltar trip having represented the Queen.   

http://www.telegraph.co.u...d-Countess-of-Wessex.html

Smiley...Knowledge is Power...Smiley
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2012, 05:37:30 PM »

She's been looking really good lately but I'm not a fan of her outfits Nerves
Miss Hathaway
Banned
Banned
Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2012, 09:13:55 PM »

According to this article in the Telegraph, the Wessex's are the " new Firm favourites" after coming
  back from their Gilbraltar trip having represented the Queen.   

http://www.telegraph.co.u...d-Countess-of-Wessex.html

Says who?   
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2012, 11:02:13 PM »

October 15
Harvey Nichols & Wool Week Installation Launch
Sophie, Countess of Wessex attends an event hosted by Poppy Delevingne and Nicholas Coleridge, who turn on a wool installation outside Harvey Nichols to launch Wool Week at Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London.

bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2012, 11:45:51 PM »

There are those who are born great. those who become great, those who have greatness thrust upon them, and, in the Wessexes' case, ascent to greatness by simply outlasting those who were once great and take a mighty fall.
tudorfan

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2012, 01:18:11 AM »

To me she looks very balanced and happy. She is not an attention seeker and she does not push her daughter forward into the limelight. She had very few skandals and she learned from them. She dresses nicely and appropriate. She and Ed seem to get along fine. 

And she worked, and was quite independent before she met Edward.  She also comes from a very middle class family.  I think her father was a tire salesman. 

"I was the one who was always pitched out front, whether it was my clothes, what I said, what my hair was doing, everything - which was a pretty dull subject, actually, and it's been exhausted over the years." - Diana
Curtains

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2012, 02:59:02 AM »

I sort of blow between lukewarm and room temperature on Sophie.  She's effective in her role as beard and seems to interact with her children in a humanoid fashion.

I think that she did a masterful job of wedging herself into the family by careful use of the media, like MEDiana, but unlike MEDiana, got with "the program" pretty quickly and with just that one sheik misstep.  Draws inside the lines, so to speak.

She knows a good thing when she has it...and while that means pretending with Eddie, it's perfectly amiable as an arrangement.

I dislike her abuse of her bodyguard in the run-up to the Waity & Wills wedding, but I'm sure he's seen worse with her.  The best aspect is that she does keep her less likeable aspects behind the scenes.  Dull watching for us, but I think a relief for HM.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2012, 05:37:16 AM »

There are those who are born great. those who become great, those who have greatness thrust upon them, ...

...and some have greatness ripped away from them  Angel  Star

ITA Curtains,  Star

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
scworldtraveler
Banned
Big Member

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta!

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2012, 07:02:40 AM »

just curious about this point,
any evidence either way: that theyre a loving couple or just and arrangement?
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2012, 12:50:58 PM »

I don't like her. I think the way she treated the bodyguard in a public street said a lot about her, I can only imagine how she treats him and the rest of the staff when there's no people present. The fake sheik scandal showed us how stupid she really was and how she was obviously and unashamedly cashing in on the fact that she had married a prince. Also how sleazy her business partner was.
And if I needed more proof the fact that she's not paying her millionaire debts because she knows that the people she owes money to won't dare to take her to court or complain is another reason to really dislike her

scworldtraveler, her sleazy business partner told the fake sheik assistant that he belived the rumours.

Curtains

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2012, 03:55:26 PM »

scworldtraveler, her sleazy business partner told the fake sheik assistant that he belived the rumours.

Hence, the "necessity" for Sophie to proclaim in the follow-up interview "My Eddie Isn't Gay!"

[...and some have greatness ripped away from them  Angel  Star

ITA Curtains,  Star

G Smiley

And back atcha  Star - but you owe me a new computer screen!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 04:14:12 PM by Curtains » Logged

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Curtains

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2012, 04:12:40 PM »

erp double post
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 04:56:44 PM by Curtains » Logged

Honnish

Large Member

Togo Togo

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2012, 04:41:15 PM »

Hence, the "necessity" for Sophie to proclaim in the follow-up interview "My Eddie Isn't Gay!"

The lady doth protest too much!

Frodo wouldn't have got far without Sam.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 251   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: