Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 207   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sophie, The Countess of Wessex  (Read 751749 times)
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2985 on: June 13, 2018, 01:34:43 AM »

Sophie, Countess of Wessex attended a charity reception and dinner held for the benefit of Leeds Cares (Leeds Children's Hospital Charitable Foundation) at Harewood House in Leeds. Leeds Cares was formerly known as Leeds Hospital Charitable Foundation and re-launched with its current identity in May 2018.
http://www.newmyroyals.co...ended-charity-dinner.html

Lady Liebe

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2986 on: June 13, 2018, 03:34:56 AM »

Ummmm . . . This is screaming bathrobe to me.  Nerves Her wrap held over her arm, like a towel is not helping.
AutumnOpal

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #2987 on: June 13, 2018, 03:19:55 PM »

Um yeah it does portray a more casual look which is kind of strange next to the men in tuxedos.
anastasia beaverhausen

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2988 on: June 13, 2018, 03:49:14 PM »

Flimsy bathrobe with a high leg slit.

What is going on with Sophie? 
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2989 on: June 13, 2018, 04:40:07 PM »

Is Charles close with Edward and Sophie?           Will Charles "retire" them when he becomes Ling?                Actually, is Charles close (visits for dinner and fun) with any of his relatives?
rosella

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2990 on: June 13, 2018, 05:23:14 PM »

I've never felt that Charles is close to either of his brothers. There is after all over twelve years difference in age between himself and Andrew, and fifteen years between him and Edward. That's one heck of a gap in childhood and teen years. Ed was only a young teenager when Charles married Diana, for example. I doubt that Charles and Andrew have too much in common apart from naval service.  I've never read of Charles paying visits to Royal Lodge to see the Yorks or to the Wessexes' home to see them, or vice versa. On the other hand Anne has visited Highgrove and she and Charles grew up together. There's less than two years between them.
Olya

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #2991 on: June 13, 2018, 05:38:05 PM »

I've never felt that Charles is close to either of his brothers. There is after all over twelve years difference in age between himself and Andrew, and fifteen years between him and Edward. That's one heck of a gap in childhood and teen years. Ed was only a young teenager when Charles married Diana, for example. I doubt that Charles and Andrew have too much in common apart from naval service.  I've never read of Charles paying visits to Royal Lodge to see the Yorks or to the Wessexes' home to see them, or vice versa. On the other hand Anne has visited Highgrove and she and Charles grew up together. There's less than two years between them.

Imo the age difference shouldn't matter though. Whilst growing up I get that some siblings aren't close exactly due to an age difference, but later in life the age difference shouldn't matter. I know some siblings where the age difference was an issue growing up, but not as adults. I also know some siblings who in spite of an age difference always got along.

I think in this case it is more personal... Dislike and arguments. Esp Charles & Andrew have quarrelled over the years and I think that Charles simply doesn't get along with his brothers on a personal level, rather than because of arbitrary reasons (eg age gap).
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2992 on: June 13, 2018, 09:17:05 PM »

Age can certainly be a divider in adulthood too. Charles family time was about over, when Edward started his, the two brothers and then their own children are more like uncle and nephs and niece than one generation.
Of course such gaps can be bridged, but I imagine they never saw much of each other when they grew up (one at home, the other at school and then vice versa) and I wonder if they were able to bond as brothers...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2993 on: June 13, 2018, 11:20:20 PM »

a rather high slit, considering the length of the dress

Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

Felipe, Leti: where are you?

Ignore
« Reply #2994 on: June 13, 2018, 11:43:28 PM »

Her dress does not seem to be appropriate for this event  Shocked even the fabric seems to be poor quality.

Visit us https://a-minha-vida-afinal-deu-um-blog.webnode.pt

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
Annlynnmarie

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #2995 on: June 14, 2018, 01:05:57 AM »

I like the dress just not for this event but I’m a sucker for a crazy print! I hope Charles never “retires” her!
jolene

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #2996 on: June 14, 2018, 02:53:14 AM »

This is a rare sartorial misstep for her.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2997 on: June 14, 2018, 10:53:03 AM »

That dress or shrug would be absolutely perfect at a 150+* resort on perhaps a tropical Thai island to wear on her way to the massage cabana.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Molly2101

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2998 on: June 14, 2018, 02:08:18 PM »

Age can certainly be a divider in adulthood too. Charles family time was about over, when Edward started his, the two brothers and then their own children are more like uncle and nephs and niece than one generation.
Of course such gaps can be bridged, but I imagine they never saw much of each other when they grew up (one at home, the other at school and then vice versa) and I wonder if they were able to bond as brothers...

Age probably does play a factor and Charles himself said to someone once that he felt more like a second father to Edward than an older brother.  Not all siblings get on well though - perhaps they all just have completely different interests. Even Andrew and Edward, who spent a lot of time together growing up and have only 4 years between them, don’t seem that close nowadays.

I love the print on Sophie’s dress, although the slit in the dress did surprise me. I imagine sitting down for dinner must have been a nightmare, constantly arranging the skirt part to ensure no royal thigh was seen!

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Ask Maria.

Ignore
« Reply #2999 on: June 14, 2018, 02:20:20 PM »

Pretty sure this dress is the traditional costume of Atlantic City waitresses going out to check their morning mail and to have a smoke.

The TeaSpoon formerly known as Free The Spoon.  Don't ask me why unless you want a long story involving forks and betrayal.
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 207   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: