Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 233   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sophie, The Countess of Wessex  (Read 929121 times)
jolene

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3435 on: May 06, 2020, 06:02:25 PM »

Another teeny glimpse into Bagshot Park
https://www.dailymail.co....royal-expert-reveals.html
Chandrasekhi

Big Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #3436 on: May 06, 2020, 06:07:59 PM »

The best Bread&Butter Countess on this rock hurtling through space even with one hand tied around her back!  Champagne

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #3437 on: May 14, 2020, 04:42:19 PM »

On May 12, The Countess of Wessex visited St Peter’s Hospital in Chertsey together with NHS's voluntary group ‘Nourish our Nurses’ to celebrate International Nurses Day.

‘Nourish our Nurses’ was founded by Jo-Ann Airikkala and consists of a team of sixteen volunteers. The Countess joined the team and helped packing and delivering of 200 bags to St Peter’s Hospital. Each week, the bags prepared by the group are distributed to different hospitals.

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #3438 on: May 17, 2020, 03:10:17 PM »

Sophie helped prepare meals for the Royal Surrey County Hospital

Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #3439 on: May 17, 2020, 03:36:45 PM »

OK. I’m a Sophie Sugar!
Gemsheal

Small Member

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #3440 on: May 17, 2020, 05:52:40 PM »

Well done Sophie! 

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3441 on: May 20, 2020, 05:06:24 PM »

Sophie is doing well this Corona crisis
Paulina

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #3442 on: May 20, 2020, 10:20:37 PM »

Sophie is one example of the middle class values she had growing up being turned to good use as a royal. She does not seem to be a "fancy" person inside. Kate, once her kids are older, may be like Sophie in a way, but Kate met William at a much younger age than Sophie met Edward. She'd already had a regular life, education, and work history. In any event, she's a real asset and a treat to watch in action.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3443 on: May 21, 2020, 11:36:43 AM »

Sophie is one example of the middle class values she had growing up being turned to good use as a royal. She does not seem to be a "fancy" person inside. Kate, once her kids are older, may be like Sophie in a way, but Kate met William at a much younger age than Sophie met Edward. She'd already had a regular life, education, and work history. In any event, she's a real asset and a treat to watch in action.

In future, more down to earth royals will do better IMO. You see that with Victoria (Sweden). Sophie can glam up (which is good), but she is down to earth and never comes across entitled or arrogant or "too grand". Even the background in Bagshot Park seems normal.
Paulina

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #3444 on: May 21, 2020, 04:08:06 PM »

Agreed. Miss Markle. Sophie seems like Daniel in this way. Edward seems to be just fine being more in the background, too. He doesn’t compete with his wife. If anything, Sophie makes him look better. I’ve never read anything about him being a jerk or entitled a**, either.
dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3445 on: May 21, 2020, 04:50:42 PM »

what i don't understand is why no one is wearing a mask - especially when preparing food.  doesn't seem safe to me to others or to sophie.
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3446 on: May 21, 2020, 07:06:16 PM »

what i don't understand is why no one is wearing a mask - especially when preparing food.  doesn't seem safe to me to others or to sophie.

Different countries have different rules. And European countries are starting to loosen some restrictions.

But I'm paranoid.  I'd be masked.
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #3447 on: May 21, 2020, 07:38:59 PM »

In all these months of Corona, I have seen exactly one person wearing a mask. And all things considered, it seems we’re doing well in Denmark.

kbart

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3448 on: May 21, 2020, 08:27:53 PM »

There has been no advice on use of masks in England (I say England on purpose). I wear one once a week for shopping. Some people think the reason for no advice is that they do not have enough supplies. In fact I was able to buy more only today. Pictures of London show more people wearing them because of public transport being crowded... But where Sophie was (Chertsey, which is very near Bagshot) I am not surprised that no-one is wearing them..
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 10:23:31 PM by kbart, Reason: spelling mistake » Logged
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #3449 on: May 23, 2020, 10:39:16 AM »

I was less surprised about the missing masks than about the lack of hair covering.
It is quite amazing how different countries handle this. Preparing food without any head covering is totally forbitten here. Doesn't matter if your hair is tied back, you need one of those cute little shower caps, which would make the photos of the smiling Countess a lot less enticing...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 233   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: