Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sophie, The Countess of Wessex  (Read 1050095 times)
nyetochka

Baby Member

Croatia Croatia

Ignore
« Reply #3540 on: April 14, 2021, 04:19:34 PM »

https://www.express.co.uk...e-edward-royal-family-evg

Media needs a  new, fresh English rose to elevate on pedestal and rip apart if she doesn't fulfill the princess fantasy. Nerves Nerves
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3541 on: April 14, 2021, 04:23:01 PM »

It is an honest question imo. I do not see any harm in doing it, at the moment.

Honestly, the monarchy is lacking young royals to carry the workload, and people wonder if Louise could be an asset.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
anneboleyn

Warned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #3542 on: April 14, 2021, 06:01:53 PM »

If she is anything like her parents, she would be a lovely asset to the BRF.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Gemsheal

Medium Member

United States United States

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #3543 on: April 14, 2021, 06:10:42 PM »

Poor Louise ... she steps out for a church service and journalists suddenly take notice of her.

It seems to me that Edward & Sophie have pretty firmly established that their children won't be part of the working RF by giving them non-royal titles and keeping them out of the limelight.   Articles by newspapers speculating about their future roles is ... speculation to sell papers/get clicks.   

How quick come the reasons for approving what we like!

- Jane Austen
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #3544 on: April 14, 2021, 07:35:11 PM »

Poor Louise ... she steps out for a church service and journalists suddenly take notice of her.

It seems to me that Edward & Sophie have pretty firmly established that their children won't be part of the working RF by giving them non-royal titles and keeping them out of the limelight.   Articles by newspapers speculating about their future roles is ... speculation to sell papers/get clicks.   

Just like with Beatrice and Eugenie I see no reason why Louise or James shouldn't carry out engagements.

If they want...though like in Sweden they should be paid by engagement. This way they could still lead a normal life and support causes they may find interesting.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #3545 on: April 14, 2021, 08:09:49 PM »

Nothing screams charity quite like demanding to be paid for it.
Seriously, why is there such a huge discussion on whether she could become a full-time aka paid royal vs. having a job to provide for herself (as the grandaughter of QEII I sincerely doubt she will ever have to start entry-level boring office stuff) and do charity just as many people do in their spare time?
Louise and all the other grandkids and great grandkids are so incredibly privileged, giving back to society without demanding a pay check for it should not be an issue.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3546 on: April 14, 2021, 08:18:01 PM »

ITA Fairy

IMO it’s one thing to give a small allowance to off set the cost of attending something like a state banquet and another to say you’ll get this amount per charity whatever.  They’re more than welcome to support as many charities as they want but on their own time and without expectation of reward...possibly save for mention in the CC.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 10:01:01 PM by Oh_Caroline » Logged
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #3547 on: April 14, 2021, 08:25:21 PM »

Nothing screams charity quite like demanding to be paid for it.
Seriously, why is there such a huge discussion on whether she could become a full-time aka paid royal vs. having a job to provide for herself (as the grandaughter of QEII I sincerely doubt she will ever have to start entry-level boring office stuff) and do charity just as many people do in their spare time?
Louise and all the other grandkids and great grandkids are so incredibly privileged, giving back to society without demanding a pay check for it should not be an issue.

Of course this would be even better.
anneboleyn

Warned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #3548 on: April 14, 2021, 09:37:20 PM »

Yeah, the idea of being paid for an appearance doesn't sit well with me. That's borderline celebrity, and we know the BRF is very much against that mentality.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3549 on: April 15, 2021, 12:15:35 AM »

Could Louise be a part time working royal?
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #3550 on: May 21, 2021, 06:50:20 PM »

Sophie Wessex says menopause is 'like a shackle' and reveals she once 'completely lost her train of thought' during a royal engagement as she advocates for more conversations about taboos in women's health

https://www.dailymail.co....-including-menopause.html
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3551 on: May 21, 2021, 06:58:50 PM »

Sophie Wessex says menopause is 'like a shackle' and reveals she once 'completely lost her train of thought' during a royal engagement as she advocates for more conversations about taboos in women's health

Yep, right there with you Sophie. Losing hormones is just as hard as getting them in the first place.
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3552 on: May 21, 2021, 10:53:10 PM »

Yep, right there with you Sophie. Losing hormones is just as hard as getting them in the first place.

Amen to that. Even when the hormones are just gone, vaek, it's still hard. LOVE Sophie. I hope she can visit with the queen soon.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #3553 on: May 21, 2021, 10:57:19 PM »

Amen to that. Even when the hormones are just gone, vaek, it's still hard. LOVE Sophie. I hope she can visit with the queen soon.

Um I am obsessed with this woman for taking on this topic. Good for her!  Champagne

jolene

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3554 on: May 21, 2021, 11:22:55 PM »

Kudos Sophie!
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: