Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 251   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sophie, The Countess of Wessex  (Read 1129083 times)
Paulina

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3645 on: December 19, 2021, 03:00:46 PM »

Thanks luvchatles. I’d read that about Philips DoE title, but why not manager of the park? Unless that duty goes with the DoE title. I suppose what I’m saying is I hope Charles is inclusive of them when he is king.

I’ve read that he is petty and thin skinned. I wonder if it’s very obvious to everyone that the Wessexes are personally close to HM and prior, Philip, and Charles is jealous about that.

But Sophie and Camilla get on and Camilla seems smart enough to perhaps encourage a role for them when Charles ascends.

I speculate.

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome à Paris - paraphrased)
Tulip of Nonsense

Large Member

Monaco Monaco

Je chante donc je suis...

Ignore
« Reply #3646 on: December 19, 2021, 03:45:58 PM »

Dear Dishers, I'm just amased by your deep knowledge of the intricacies of British titles and peerage  Shocked
I myself always thought that it's somehow not quite right that the DIL of the Monarch is 'only' a Countess, while more removed *** can be easily titled a Duchess.

Sophie as a royal, I'm absolutely neutral to.  Whistle

"I was given a degree by a college of unbeautiful nonsense... And I have kissed a prince in a land where men grind their wheat in the sky..."
Melville Davisson Post
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3647 on: December 19, 2021, 03:46:37 PM »

Why not 'ranger of Great Windsor Park'? I suppose the Queen hasn't seen a need for one to replace Philip. She may have discussed the next ranger with Charles who also is probably aware that both George V and George VI held that position while also being King and wants to hold it himself. The title of Ranger of Great Windsor Park certainly doesn't go with the DoE title as the previous two holders were both Kings. Of the past five rangers (since 1840) the title has been held four times by either the reigning monarch or the spouse of the reigning monarch - the only exception was Prince Christian of Schleswig-Holstein, son-in-law of Queen Victoria who took on the title in 1867 and held it until his death in 1917 when he was replaced by George V who held it until his own death. Edward VIII didn't appoint anyone and George VI appointed himself.

I don't think Charles is that close to his younger brothers and his 'smaller' royal family really is just the monarch and immediate heir with even siblings not being wanted. With the US pair having left it really does open the door for the future to be that only one couple in each generation will undertake official duties while the others appear at the big events but otherwise they earn their own way. He won't cut off Edward and Anne but he won't allow future siblings to replace them.

luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3648 on: December 19, 2021, 03:48:23 PM »

Dear Dishers, I'm just amased by your deep knowledge of the intricacies of British titles and peerage  Shocked
I myself always thought that it's somehow not quite right that the DIL of the Monarch is 'only' a Countess, while more removed *** can be easily titled a Duchess.

She is only a Countess because Edward refused the title of Duke on his wedding day when it was also announced that he would, eventually, become Duke of Edinburgh. I doubt that anyone expected, in 1999, that both Philip and The Queen would be alive in 2021 and that there is a very real possibility that the Edinburgh title won't be available for another 7 - 10 years yet.
Tulip of Nonsense

Large Member

Monaco Monaco

Je chante donc je suis...

Ignore
« Reply #3649 on: December 19, 2021, 04:04:27 PM »

She is only a Countess because Edward refused the title of Duke on his wedding day when it was also announced that he would, eventually, become Duke of Edinburgh. I doubt that anyone expected, in 1999, that both Philip and The Queen would be alive in 2021 and that there is a very real possibility that the Edinburgh title won't be available for another 7 - 10 years yet.

Thanks!  Star Edward!!! Real mad Ok, he's a Prince either way  Whistle

"I was given a degree by a college of unbeautiful nonsense... And I have kissed a prince in a land where men grind their wheat in the sky..."
Melville Davisson Post
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3650 on: December 19, 2021, 08:48:03 PM »

Luvcharles for the history lesson!

Well , if ranger has been held by the monarch or monarch’s spouse, that makes more sense nothing has been done about it.

Newspapers speculate and then we speculate. I do.

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome à Paris - paraphrased)
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3651 on: December 19, 2021, 09:43:56 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised to see HM appoint Charles as Ranger of Windsor Great Park sometime next year. It's a logical progression. He is already overseeing the Sandringham Estate.

Paul Sedgwick is the Deputy Ranger of Windsor Great Park, and the office comes with a rather nice house in Windsor Great Park. He's held the post since 2014 and is no doubt he has been keeping things running smoothly.

https://www.windsorgreatp...ve-and-work/meet-the-team

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #3652 on: December 19, 2021, 09:46:41 PM »

IMHO the fact on its own that Sophie saw the Queen through a time when there were hideous attacks on HM and her family warrants recognition…
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3653 on: December 28, 2021, 03:56:11 PM »

After a rocky start, Sophie has grown into her role and hasn't embarrassed the family again. Unlike some of the others who have never stopped.   
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3654 on: January 11, 2022, 01:18:57 AM »

The Countess of Wessex - Global Ambassador for @IAPB1 - is visiting Qatar with global sight loss charity @OrbisIntl this week to meet organisations and charities championing crucial eye healthcare programmes, in support of the IAPB’s ‘2030 in Sight’ initiative...
While in Qatar, The Countess will meet Afghan women evacuees to learn more about the peacekeeping roles they play in their communities and Qatari women in leadership positions.
https://twitter.com/RE_Da.../1480599475353792519?s=20
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3655 on: January 11, 2022, 01:45:29 AM »

I think Sophie and Kate operate from a similar playbook and it's very good of both of them. I think they also probably genuinely like each other.

thecrownjewelthief

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #3656 on: January 11, 2022, 03:09:52 AM »

The Countess of Wessex - Global Ambassador for @IAPB1 - is visiting Qatar with global sight loss charity @OrbisIntl this week to meet organisations and charities championing crucial eye healthcare programmes, in support of the IAPB’s ‘2030 in Sight’ initiative...
While in Qatar, The Countess will meet Afghan women evacuees to learn more about the peacekeeping roles they play in their communities and Qatari women in leadership positions.
https://twitter.com/RE_Da.../1480599475353792519?s=20

That sound like an excellent visit!

And on a shallow note, love the dress. She's had a lot of misses recently but this is a beautiful color and cut on her.
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3657 on: January 11, 2022, 04:51:45 PM »

Pleased to meet HRH The Countess of Wessex today in #Doha. We discussed topics of mutual interest and developments in the @QCV_Sight initiative between@Qatar_Fund and @Orbisintl. We look forward to enhancing our cooperation to fulfill our humanitarian duty towards those in need.

https://twitter.com/QNAEn.../1480907217327034368?s=20

Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3658 on: January 11, 2022, 06:29:12 PM »

Yesterday's dress, cut, color, and pattern were great. Today's, not so much. But I like her a lot anyway. Doing her duty, doing it well.

Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3659 on: January 12, 2022, 08:30:46 PM »

The Royal Family
@RoyalFamily

Today in Doha, The Countess of Wessex visited @qatar_fund, who have supported
@Orbis_me to deliver millions of eye tests and treatments across India and Bangladesh.

HRH heard about their focus on global health, education and economic empowerment.
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 251   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: