Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Royal Family of Russia  (Read 45085 times)
Tulip of Nonsense

Medium Member

Monaco Monaco

Je chante donc je suis...

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 12:04:45 AM »

In Memoriam Emperor Nicolas II and Empress Alexandra.  Rare beautiful pictures accompanied by very emotional Russian music:

http://www.youtube.com/wa...VZe20&feature=related

"I was given a degree by a college of unbeautiful nonsense... And I have kissed a prince in a land where men grind their wheat in the sky..."
Melville Davisson Post
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 05:06:16 PM »

In Memoriam Emperor Nicolas II and Empress Alexandra.  Rare beautiful pictures accompanied by very emotional Russian music:

http://www.youtube.com/wa...VZe20&feature=related

Thank you Tulip the video was very impressive.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 09:07:17 PM »

It is amazing how very pretty the girls had been, such a waste, really. They could have been saved so easily.
Alix seemed to have been a deeply unhappy person. There is no warmth of happiness in her eyes, even early on when the depth and magnitude of her troubles weren't that visible. The csar for example looked much warmer and happier, his eyes are much nicer. You can tell that he made te serious face because it was expected to look that way on photos. Alix however looks as if she never smiled anyway.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Sugar-free
Banned
Small Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2010, 03:50:53 PM »

A docu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eAdBHwUr5w

According to this article http://www.tagesspiegel.d...ekaterinburg/1883162.html

the bones of Maria and Alexej are in a bag at the pathology, and no one wants them.  Angry
So no funeral or similar things.

Thank you for all the info and documents, Miss W.! Star Good job, as you always do. It's a fascinating family story and a very sad one. As for the kids, how strange! I find Maria and Alexei the cutest of the Romanov siblings. If it's true that these are their bones and the two of them were never burried, then it's really heart-breaking. Nobody deserves that, in my opinion. Why can't the Russian authorities do something about that? 
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2010, 07:56:11 PM »

Danke Sugar  Star

OTMA

OTMAA
Kuei Fei
Banned
Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2011, 07:45:56 AM »

I read that Alix isolated the girls from people in their ages.

Yeah; she consdiered the Romanovs as a bunch of immoral degenerates and didn't want her daughters influenced by them. As a result, it arrested their development. Maria and Olga wanted to marry a Russian anyway and stay in Russia, so Alexandra wasn't going to push them into anything they didn't want. Arranged marriages were going out anyway and since royals usually socialized with just royals nad aristocrats, there wasn't any worries that things would become what they did.

Such a pity that bedroom gymnastics isn't an Olympic event; Kate would have been a gold medalist of several years standing.
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2011, 09:58:12 PM »

^ Degenerate? Her brother Ernie wasn´t a monk, too.

If Georgie would lose more weight he would look dashing. And by weight I also mean his mother  I don´t want to be mean, but he seems to be very under her influence.
Tulip of Nonsense

Medium Member

Monaco Monaco

Je chante donc je suis...

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2011, 05:44:06 PM »

You could be onto something here Miss W! Slavic-Georgian GD Maria grown up (AFAIK) in Hispanic maternity culture and care might be - I should imagine - quite a possessive mommy…   Hug

"I was given a degree by a college of unbeautiful nonsense... And I have kissed a prince in a land where men grind their wheat in the sky..."
Melville Davisson Post
Kuei Fei
Banned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2011, 04:02:11 PM »

Considering the things that have been happening to the royal princes, that is, the women they've been getting involved with, well, can you blame her? Georgi does have amazing potential though, and this is the closest I've seen him in photos; most photos are usually very distant from him.

Alexandra had a few blind spots in that area.

It is amazing how very pretty the girls had been, such a waste, really. They could have been saved so easily.
Alix seemed to have been a deeply unhappy person. There is no warmth of happiness in her eyes, even early on when the depth and magnitude of her troubles weren't that visible. The csar for example looked much warmer and happier, his eyes are much nicer. You can tell that he made te serious face because it was expected to look that way on photos. Alix however looks as if she never smiled anyway.

I think she had a serious fatalist approach towards life and really didn't give Russian society much of a chance ot get to know her and she was never very tolerant of the foibles of the aristocracy. She then failed to do what she could to save herself, she just left it 'up to God' and then really, didn't try to get out in any way she could. Or at least get the girls out.

Such a pity that bedroom gymnastics isn't an Olympic event; Kate would have been a gold medalist of several years standing.
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2012, 05:53:20 PM »

If Georgie would lose more weight he would look dashing. And by weight I also mean his mother  I don´t want to be mean, but he seems to be very under her influence.

Our dear George has a girlfriend! Unfortunately for his mother she's not royal, just the daughter of the Italian ambassador in Belgium. Her name is Rebecca Bettarini and works at Finmeccanica (in Brussels I guess) Information and photo from Tania at the hispánico.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2012, 07:02:08 PM »

If Georgie would lose more weight he would look dashing. And by weight I also mean his mother   I don´t want to be mean, but he seems to be very under her influence.

Our dear George has a girlfriend! Unfortunately for his mother she's not royal, just the daughter of the Italian ambassador in Belgium. Her name is Rebecca Bettarini and works at Finmeccanica (in Brussels I guess) Information and photo from Tania at the hispánico.

Aww...she's cute.  They look nice together.  I wonder what mummy has to say about this.  Can you imagine how overbearing she must be?  He seems like such a little mama's boy; I never thought I'd see him dating anyone Tongue

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2012, 07:12:29 PM »

Look how proud he is  Cute 
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2012, 07:14:51 PM »

If the Russian Imperial Family hadn't been slaughtered in the revolution, and had instead, gone into exile along the lines of the Greek Royal Family, what would have been the daughters' destiny? Given that their brother's hemophilia could not longer be hidden and that women are the carriers, would anyone have married them, or would they be considered carriers of tainted blood?  Or would they have made royal marriages and further spread the hereditary trait? Or would they have followed along the lines of Prince Philip's mother and become Orthodox nuns? Certainly the level of piety in the family was very great.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2012, 07:22:41 PM »

If the Russian Imperial Family hadn't been slaughtered in the revolution, and had instead, gone into exile along the lines of the Greek Royal Family, what would have been the daughters' destiny? Given that their brother's hemophilia could not longer be hidden and that women are the carriers, would anyone have married them, or would they be considered carriers of tainted blood?  Or would they have made royal marriages and further spread the hereditary trait? Or would they have followed along the lines of Prince Philip's mother and become Orthodox nuns? Certainly the level of piety in the family was very great.

I think that maybe one of them would have become a nun.  The others would have made royal marriages. 

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2012, 09:24:09 PM »

Even if the hemophilia was known?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
  Print