Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sheikha Mozah of Qatar. She's fierce like Queen Rania!  (Read 125525 times)
michelle j

Gigantic Member

United States United States

You should be jealous, you ugly fat fraus.

Ignore
« on: October 15, 2010, 03:41:02 AM »

I know a little about her, but what I do know is that she is a pretty amazing woman.

Here she is being interviewed on 60 Minutes with the late Ed Bradley.

Part 2 of 1:
http://www.youtube.com/wa...BHiqM&feature=related

Bitter Aging Ugly Fat Fraus taking a break from bitching & posting on their favorite royal board & on their way to Krispy Kreme's to buy 48 dozen glazed donuts. Then rushing home to post again whilst shoving ten donuts down their throats.
Michelle

Gigantic Member

I smell bogan approaching

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 03:57:18 AM »

She's got quite a unique style, too.

Bystander

Gigantic Member

Monaco's social elite are jealous of me

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 02:58:32 PM »

I know a little about her, but what I do know is that she is a pretty amazing woman.

Here she is being interviewed on 60 Minutes with the late Ed Bradley.

Part 2 of 1:
http://www.youtube.com/wa...BHiqM&feature=related

Wow, she's a great advocate for her cuuntry. Thanks Michelle.  Wonderful that she used the opportunity of the Cornell Medical School opening  for the breaking of two taboos - the first time that she and His Highness appeared and in public together and the first time that television cameras were allowed to show her face.  She is intelligent and fierce! She needs to tone down makeup; she's a beuatiful woman but the garish makeup make her look harsh.   

Ironically, the West often criticize Arab countries for what they consider oppression of women (which does happen in certain cases and more in certain countries), but the Arab royals all tend to marry educated and poised women - unlike many of their European counterparts. Albert is even marrying a high school dropout who cannot even string together a grammatical correct sentence in her native tongue, let alone in the language of the country that she has studied and lived in for four years. Yet, Sheikha Mozah fiercely advocates for education and women rights.

Honestly, how many of the European younger princesses do you think can hold their own like Sheikha Mozah in an interview with 60 minutes?  Listen to the students talk about substantive things why they look up to Sheikha Mozah as a role model (not a mention about the ability to wear designer clothing which is what most brag about European royalty). Really ironic.

Monaco's fairytale love story: post-engagement

PPDA: And this was the woman whom you needed?
Albert: I think...
Reporter: "Is Charlene Wittstock your soulmate?"
Albert: "I don't know if she is ...I don't know yet.
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 03:08:58 PM »

ITA, Bystander! That´s so right with wives  Star
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 03:14:12 PM »

I like Mozah alot and think it's fantastic that she has managed to put Qatar on the map.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
michelle j

Gigantic Member

You should be jealous, you ugly fat fraus.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 01:29:08 AM »

With the beautiful Lalla Salma of Morocco

At the UN I believe.

At the American University in Cairo, 2006

In France... I believe.  Correct me if I am wrong.

LS, can you tell me why Sheikha Mozah always wears a scarf/turban on her head?  Religious reasons or is it something else?  Sorry for such asking such a silly question.  

Bitter Aging Ugly Fat Fraus taking a break from bitching & posting on their favorite royal board & on their way to Krispy Kreme's to buy 48 dozen glazed donuts. Then rushing home to post again whilst shoving ten donuts down their throats.
Marie

Muted
Gigantic Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 01:49:41 AM »

Intelligent, probably yes, educated, yes, she's a software engeneer but certainly not beautiful !

http://www.noblesseetroya...s/2008/12/salmadakar1.jpg

Except her hair, what is pretty ? http://b1.img.v4.skyrock..../pics/960366482_small.jpg

Je suis Charlie
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 10:56:41 AM »

Mozah probably wears her scarf for religious reasons. Although oddly most Gulf women tend to wear their scarves very differently. The turbanesque style is normally seen on some African or Kashmiri women.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 04:02:21 PM »

Intelligent, probably yes, educated, yes, she's a software engeneer but certainly not beautiful !

http://www.noblesseetroya...s/2008/12/salmadakar1.jpg

Except her hair, what is pretty ? http://b1.img.v4.skyrock..../pics/960366482_small.jpg

completely agree with you, big nose, big forhead, very small chin, i can say that she is beautiful, for me she is very plain
and about her hairs, i am not convinced that they are beautiful
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 04:07:47 PM by loubna » Logged
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 04:30:23 PM »

about sheikha mozah, i think that she is doing a good job for her country, i like her look even if sometimes i don't like the way she mix the colors (as when she met queen elizabeth this year)
BellaLuna

Baby Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 01:44:05 PM »

Mozah probably wears her scarf for religious reasons. Although oddly most Gulf women tend to wear their scarves very differently. The turbanesque style is normally seen on some African or Kashmiri women.

Wearing a turban for women isn't part of the GCC (Gulf Council of Cooperation= SA,Kuwait, Qata, UAE, Bahrain and Oman) culture. Mozah's appearance isn't traditional in anyway, but to me it appears as away to look a bit modern by not wearing the traditional black abaya and scarf, while maintaining a conservative appearance.

It is NOT easy for women there to assume such roles, so when they do they need to do it in a way that keeps religious people either from society or government "happy" and giving them assurance that red lines aren't being crossed.
Odette

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 02:35:17 PM »

Michellej, a fabulous topic, thank you for the information.  Star

What a dynamic force Mozah is.  I did not know this lady, so i thank you for introducing her. 
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2010, 02:42:38 AM »

just a question please...as my knowledge of this area is very limited.

If sheikha M is the second wife of the CP/Emir...what has happened to his first wife? and why is her first born son, the heir?

I am a bit confused about all of this.

and what was she studying at Q uni?

thx

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
dirgiz

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2010, 08:24:05 AM »

just a question please...as my knowledge of this area is very limited.

If sheikha M is the second wife of the CP/Emir...what has happened to his first wife? and why is her first born son, the heir?

I am a bit confused about all of this.

and what was she studying at Q uni?

thx

G Smiley

She is the second of three wives and mother of 7 of the Emir's 24 children. The other wives still exist, but do not live a public life (like for example Sheikha Hind in Dubai where only PHaya among ShMohammed's wives is seen in public). Mozah has got a BA in sociology. The crown prince is her second son (and the emir's third one). The emir can name crown prince whomever he wants among his sons and brothers.
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2010, 08:33:20 AM »

The emir can name crown prince whomever he wants among his sons and brothers.

Hint, hint, Margrethe!  Cool
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: