Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 67   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Photos  (Read 358250 times)
SvenskaSarah

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #945 on: March 15, 2021, 02:26:17 PM »

When they first met and were dating, what language did they speak with each other?  German?  I presume he switched to Swedish as she learned it, yes?

English. He can't speak german, despite his mother was german. She always spoke (very bad) swedish with her children, at least in public. It was said CG didn't allow her to speak german with the children, but I don't know if this is true. Fact is, the children can hardly speak german. It's ridiculous if you see WA for example.

I seem to remember Vic making a speech in German years and years ago (I think its in the "speech" section of the Royal website) and someone singing a birthday song to her in German and she understood. Whether her proficiency was helped by schooling or learning in her adult life idk.
I do find it cute that Daniel was/is learning Portuguese. It must have been hard for Silvia to not share her heritage with her children in terms of language, so being able to help Daniel with his Portuguese must be a nice blessing. I know Vic can speak French too.
Was it German or French that Chris and Madde spoke when they were in public while dating? I've never heard CP speak another language bar Swedish and English (I think?), but I was wondering whether his dyslexia would impact on learning other languages? I really don't know this, so if anyone could offer more information, I would be happy to learn!
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #946 on: March 15, 2021, 04:22:40 PM »

Silvia is beautiful in these photos. I don't find her to be a particularly attractive older woman, but I can see her beauty and joy in these younger photos.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #947 on: March 16, 2021, 10:55:19 PM »

When they first met and were dating, what language did they speak with each other?  German?  I presume he switched to Swedish as she learned it, yes?

English. He can't speak german, despite his mother was german. She always spoke (very bad) swedish with her children, at least in public. It was said CG didn't allow her to speak german with the children, but I don't know if this is true. Fact is, the children can hardly speak german. It's ridiculous if you see WA for example.
I once read a story by a German President who on a state visit gave the children German children's books and was told, that the kids didn't speak german.
On the other hand I heard Victoria speak German and (as opposed to WA!!whose German sounds like Rudi Carrell and who makes a lot of grammar mistakes) she had no discernable accent and spoke really off the cuff.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #948 on: March 16, 2021, 10:58:24 PM »

I once read a story by a German President who on a state visit gave the children German children's books and was told, that the kids didn't speak german.
On the other hand I heard Victoria speak German and (as opposed to WA!!whose German sounds like Rudi Carrell and who makes a lot of grammar mistakes) she had no discernable accent and spoke really off the cuff.

WA surprised me, as I expected him to have a good grasp of German, because of his German father (and his family) and maternal German grandfather. The last one, Prince Bernhard, was fluent in Dutch, but with a heavy German accent.
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #949 on: March 17, 2021, 04:41:58 PM »

Was it German or French that Chris and Madde spoke when they were in public while dating? I've never heard CP speak another language bar Swedish and English (I think?), but I was wondering whether his dyslexia would impact on learning other languages? I really don't know this, so if anyone could offer more information, I would be happy to learn!
[/quote]

They used German in New York City, which I think was not the best choice to try for privacy, since there are so many Yiddish speakers there.
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #950 on: March 17, 2021, 08:34:33 PM »

When they first met and were dating, what language did they speak with each other?  German?  I presume he switched to Swedish as she learned it, yes?

I heard Vic several times and her german was quite bad. Never heard Madeleine or CP speak german though. Would be interesting to hear.
SvenskaSarah

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #951 on: March 19, 2021, 03:04:27 PM »

They used German in New York City, which I think was not the best choice to try for privacy, since there are so many Yiddish speakers there.
[/quote]

Thank you for answering Smiley yes, it is a little strange of a choice, considering the demographics!
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #952 on: April 29, 2021, 09:18:20 AM »

CG turns 75 tomorrow and the court released a new photo of him looking overjoyed as usual  Beer

« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 09:26:49 AM by Lady Adelaide » Logged
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #953 on: April 29, 2021, 02:43:19 PM »

Such a grumpy goat all the time!
thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #954 on: April 29, 2021, 03:16:31 PM »

CG turns 75 tomorrow and the court released a new photo of him looking overjoyed as usual  Beer

My dad is a much better person than CG, but he has no idea how to smile either. He always looks like he’s in pain when we take his picture (which is very rarely) so these pictures always crack me up.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #955 on: April 29, 2021, 04:31:24 PM »

In my case it is my mother. She can't really laugh / smile on command and all that. This sometimes results in beautiful, sweet and / or fun grimaces on photos. For example in professional photos taken at weddings of siblings of mine.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #956 on: April 29, 2021, 04:33:39 PM »

In my case it is my mother. She can't really laugh / smile on command and all that. This sometimes results in beautiful, sweet and / or fun grimaces on photos. For example in professional photos taken at weddings of siblings of mine.

Many people I know think they look stupid, childish, not respectable etc. when they laugh.
SvenskaSarah

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #957 on: April 30, 2021, 01:38:29 AM »

Many people I know think they look stupid, childish, not respectable etc. when they laugh.

I think my dad is similar. He never smiles normally for photos, but pulls a silly face, almost like in embarrassment. Or he talks as I'm about to take the photo so his mouth is open. It makes for some humorous snaps, but dang I'd love a decent pic of him!
Eve

Large Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #958 on: April 30, 2021, 12:24:43 PM »

I don't know where the time goes. It feels like only a little time ago when he celebrated his 70s bday (remember these...)
https://www.kungahuset.se...53a33153ef9563cd1275.html
and now he is in his mid 70s. 5 years is even bigger gap in young childrens life.
Agree about people appearing more serious and uncomfortable on the pictures. Hope he is not so grumpy IRL  Smiley

Happy 75th Birthday  Jumping
Märta

Baby Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #959 on: April 30, 2021, 10:00:05 PM »

An instagram slideshow with pics of GC, celebrating his various birthdays amongst others. Some nice ones, and smiling in half of them at least   Grin

https://www.instagram.com/p/COS9dezgPpZ/

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 67   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: