Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brusselstimes:King Baudouin had a relationship with his stepmother  (Read 5024 times)
Paige

Baby Member

Hong Kong Hong Kong

Ignore
« on: March 18, 2019, 01:59:53 AM »

Can't believe it

http://www.brusselstimes....Tz-2aavipjEqszsJpxIVxlP7Q

According to the document which is stored in Brugge archives, King Baudouin had a secret relationship with his stepmother, princess Lilian Baels. Princess Lilian Baels was King Leopold III's second wife.

The relationship would have started in the early 50s reports Het Laatste Nieuws and details of the relationship are revealed in Mr Van Acker’s notes. Mr Van Acker served as Belgian Prime Minister for three terms between 1946 and 1958. His diary reveals many aspects of “behind the scenes” of Belgian politics.

The former Prime Minister writes that he found out about the King’s relationship with his stepmother in November 1952. “Lilian and Baudouin travelled to Tyrol by night train. They shared the same compartment with sleeping beds,” writes Van Acker. He continues to explain that other ministers were worried that the secret relationship would become public.

Van Acker had been informed that King Baudouin had been taped. In one of the King’s conversations with Lilian Baels he said, “I am yours," and “I will never leave you.”
CindyM

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 02:06:42 AM »

Wow, that’s shocking. Did the relationship continue after he married Fabiola? It could explain the frosty relationship between Lillian & Fabiola.
Marieke

Warned
Mini Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 07:19:41 AM »

I don't believe any of it. Het Laatste Nieuws isn't a reliable newspaper either  Thumb down .
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 08:55:33 AM »

This is not new. There have been rumors about such a relationship for a long time. https://www.smh.com.au/na...ople-20020620-gdfdqp.html
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 08:59:18 AM »

If only Lello was still alive. I’d love to read her take on this.

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 09:17:39 AM »

Well, she was an attractive mid-thirty-ish woman to his Hormone controlled early twenty. She was probably the soothing, attentive and sympathetic ying to his sudden (and quite likely fairly overwhelming) kingship and repsonsibility. So what if he fell in love (lust.. adoration) and secretly told her that he would never leave her..
Question is: was Liliane the Mrs. Robinson to Baudouin's Benjamin? Or was he simply a puppy in love?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2019, 09:55:25 AM »

In my recollection this has been a long lasting, stuck piece of gossip. There were suspicion thoughts about it, but no one could provide hard evidence.

Based on the stories something fishy and/or weird was going on between Baudouin and Lilian.
Pomme

Gigantic Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2019, 10:50:18 AM »

I was thinking exactly the same!

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2019, 12:38:39 PM »

I was just thinking of that. Her blog is still out there somewhere
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2019, 12:51:25 PM »

Yes - I thought about her . . . and I am sure she is talking to those mentioned now . . . miss Lello
Lord Gˇn

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2019, 05:48:22 PM »

How many royals have been or are still taped? What about cabinet meetings? Are minutes not supposed to be kept secret?  KB was just 22 and a devout Catholic, so  some advice,warning and counselling would have sufficed. He had lost his mother and his country had been at war. How did he feel? Lonely, lost, and crowned.So, what did they do? Spy on him and powwow, grown-up men turned  gossipmongers.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 05:56:00 PM by Lord Gˇn » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: