Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Anne Marie & King Constantine II.  (Read 179137 times)
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: November 14, 2016, 01:11:08 AM »

IIRC AM feel in love with Constantine when she was 16 (!) and got married when she was just 18. She wasn't educated and had to move away from her home and family to a very different environment where she had children of her own very quickly. Then came the revolt, them fleeing, her loosing a child and years of uncertainty. I fully understand if she grew very dependent on her husband who was and is not just her husband but also the one person in the world who went through this with her.
As for her leaving him: she's from another generation - and from the DRF. Clearly they don't divorce easily and I think it was a too uncertain choice for her. She knew what she had, not what she would get.
At that time it was very usual for a girl to get married at 18-22 years old. She is great though, I really like her, she still speeks greek and I saw somewhere a mini-interview; she was asked where they live and she answered very enthousiastically that they live in Greece permantly.

star555

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: December 02, 2016, 06:34:27 PM »

Apparently Constantine was in the hospital last week. Anyone know anymore about this?

http://www.greekroyalfami...-press-release-21216.html
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: December 02, 2016, 09:21:50 PM »

Reports of a stroke are an exaggeration (according to other sources).  He went for a check up, and it got blown out of proportion.  However, he hasn't looked well for a few years now, and he does smoke, so I wouldn't be surprised if he does have something serious happen in the near future.
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: December 06, 2016, 02:02:39 AM »

I'll take the opportunity to explain a little bit what is going on here about the whole royal family thing. If my post will follow the political path, my apologies in advance and I will completely understand a possible delete.

The royal family is a very controversial matter as people are divided mostly in two categories: those who really support the return of the monarchy but along with fascists as government or fascist features in our polical system and those who think that the king betrayed the country, desperately seeks attention and is completely useless. Thankfully, the 1st group doesn't have very large base. The majority seems to not care but when they have the chance, they express with negativity about the ex king and the monarchy. The media rarely mention the royal family, I suppose because they don't want to be associated with any way with them. I don't tell to people that I write in a forum like this because most of them will think that I'm a fascist. I cannot even express how deeply insaulted I feel because of this. There is no balance in the way we see them here, they 're either gods or the ultimate demon. And the left-ish parties of the country, the ones they argue we have to give the greek citizenship in immigrants (I don't even mention refugees, it's a completely different discussion) who weren't born in Greece and who came here but not attended greek school, are the same ones who fight strongly the idea of giving back to the royal family their private property and the nationality who illegally was taken away from them (I assume "take away" is not the right verb but you get the point). As I said, there is no balance in the way we see them, as a society we have the tendency to simplify our political history and, I say this with real sadness, we suffer from the "I-know-it-all" syndrome. Of course that isn't applied to everyone, it's just the general picture.

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: December 06, 2016, 04:01:53 PM »

^ That's very interesting - thank you Smiley Star
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: December 06, 2016, 07:52:48 PM »

^ That's very interesting - thank you Smiley Star
you're welcome, editorathome! Smiley

identitycrisis

Warned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: December 07, 2016, 04:22:12 AM »

I don't know much about Anne-Marie's personality, but if the story about Constantine and JC is true, she surely would have known it. Yet she put up with him. Maybe because she has no where else to go unless she wanted to live at her sister's mercy. She's in the same boat as Sofia. Even though they're born royals, they're treated by their husband with no more respect than any other women. They're sad testimony to the machismo/misogynous culture within the royal circle of the past. Their lives also prove how stupid the past royal matches were. These royal women were brought up to be breeding mares, just like royal princesses from the Middle Ages. Every woman deserves better than this but Anne Marie was a product of her environment. I don't think she "aspired" to have a better life than being a queen, even an exiled one.
There was a tale (I cannot vouch for its accuracy) that AM left for Denmark when the cheating got too much for her to bear and after a period, her father informed her that her place was with her husband and  she went back to her marriage.  That Sofia was callously told by JC that she was welcome to flee her marriage (though JC mocked that she couldn't go back to Greece since C had already been exiled) but the kids were staying in Spain with their father has been widely stated by Spanish royal watchers.
star555

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: December 07, 2016, 04:59:10 AM »

I don't know much about Anne-Marie's personality, but if the story about Constantine and JC is true, she surely would have known it. Yet she put up with him. Maybe because she has no where else to go unless she wanted to live at her sister's mercy. She's in the same boat as Sofia. Even though they're born royals, they're treated by their husband with no more respect than any other women. They're sad testimony to the machismo/misogynous culture within the royal circle of the past. Their lives also prove how stupid the past royal matches were. These royal women were brought up to be breeding mares, just like royal princesses from the Middle Ages. Every woman deserves better than this but Anne Marie was a product of her environment. I don't think she "aspired" to have a better life than being a queen, even an exiled one.
There was a tale (I cannot vouch for its accuracy) that AM left for Denmark when the cheating got too much for her to bear and after a period, her father informed her that her place was with her husband and  she went back to her marriage.  That Sofia was callously told by JC that she was welcome to flee her marriage (though JC mocked that she couldn't go back to Greece since C had already been exiled) but the kids were staying in Spain with their father has been widely stated by Spanish royal watchers.

Seems like Constantine and JC are two peas in a pod......
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: December 07, 2016, 06:06:57 AM »

Can I ask tho'...

Could either one of these 2 women would have been allowed or just leave/walk away from their unfaithful husbands?
Would they have been allowed divorce?
or were they just considered 'chattels' of their husbands and the country?

I am just curious if either of these women wanted to leave would they have been allowed?

I know someone wrote that AM did leave and her father made her rtn but if she had her money could she have set up house someplace else?

tak

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
identitycrisis

Warned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: December 07, 2016, 07:00:18 AM »

According to Spanish royal watchers, Sofia would have been allowed to go by her husband. Whether Franco would have agreed to a divorce might be a different story, though. But JC refused to allow her to take the children and she'd never leave them. Of course, by the time she tried to leave, her birth family was in exile so I'm not sure whether she had any funds of her own.
jigmesjigga

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: December 07, 2016, 03:07:48 PM »

It's funny that we assume that neither Anne-Marie nor Sofia have had lovers of their own. Or at least confidantes that allowed them to stay in their situations. It is a very middle-class/Protestant idea that having lovers marriage is not acceptable. In Europe, and particicularly in the upper classes, it can be an open secret.

It is always unacceptable to be caught, however, (JC and Corinna S-W), and for the other spouse to be humiliated. And it is very sexist that even though both JC and Constantine haven't been discreet, and at the very least been overly flirtatious in the presence of their spouses, they have rarely been called on it. If their wives had been seen being overly friendly in public with other men, they would have been immediately censured in the press. Imagine if Letizia is ever seen being friendly with a man who is not Felipe? Oh boy...
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: December 07, 2016, 08:22:50 PM »

I certainly hope that Sophia and AM were getting all kinds of action on the side.  They absolutely deserved a fling or two or five after having to put up with those two pigs. 
lellobeetle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: December 08, 2016, 04:25:33 PM »

I found this clip from TRF and here is the YouTube link. 

https://youtu.be/IcVFI62k88g

I don't know what he is saying as I don't speak Greek - maybe one of our Greek members can elucidate us?  I think it has something to do with Greek Olympic business.

This video is pretty shocking as to Constantine's physical and emotional condition.   Sad

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: December 08, 2016, 05:00:42 PM »

I don't know what he is saying as I don't speak Greek - maybe one of our Greek members can elucidate us?  I think it has something to do with Greek Olympic business.

This video is pretty shocking as to Constantine's physical and emotional condition.   Sad

Wasn't he just in the hospital?  I know there were rumors that he had a stroke.  The family said he was just there for tests, but it sounded like he was there for a couple of days. 
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: December 08, 2016, 05:12:37 PM »

"Mr President,

Thank you very much.
What Greek people don't know and it should be known, those kids/guys (the athletes) put huge effort and for this I thank them, mainly because they gave us a smile during these difficult days and mr President thank you for the backup/support."

I don't think he wasn't honest but most people here critisized him for being fake (and again useless and a burden for the country). He could barely speak, I don't know if it was because of his emotional state or because of health problems. I hope he isn't very seriously ill. Maybe he really had a stroke. Sad

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: