Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Anne Marie & King Constantine II.  (Read 167533 times)
lellobeetle

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: December 08, 2016, 10:46:29 PM »

Onar, thank you for providing your translation. I greatly appreciate it.

ronda

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: December 08, 2016, 11:21:02 PM »

I found this clip from TRF and here is the YouTube link. 

https://youtu.be/IcVFI62k88g

I don't know what he is saying as I don't speak Greek - maybe one of our Greek members can elucidate us?  I think it has something to do with Greek Olympic business.

This video is pretty shocking as to Constantine's physical and emotional condition.   Sad

"Mr President,

Thank you very much.
What Greek people don't know and it should be known, those kids/guys (the athletes) put huge effort and for this I thank them, mainly because they gave us a smile during these difficult days and mr President thank you for the backup/support."

I don't think he wasn't honest but most people here critisized him for being fake (and again useless and a burden for the country). He could barely speak, I don't know if it was because of his emotional state or because of health problems. I hope he isn't very seriously ill. Maybe he really had a stroke. Sad

I have watched many of his interviews over the years and of his " happiness" in now living back in
  Greece and show his emotions, but I have never seen him look so awful. It's obvious that
  he has serious health issues.  Sad

Smiley...Knowledge is Power...Smiley
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: December 09, 2016, 03:41:23 PM »

My pleasure!

I have watched many of his interviews over the years and of his " happiness" in now living back in
  Greece and show his emotions, but I have never seen him look so awful. It's obvious that
Probably he has.
Don't you think he's happy, or sincere? Because you've written "happiness"

lellobeetle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: December 09, 2016, 06:07:38 PM »

Starting with video interviews he gave two years ago his voice started to get very gravely and it has gotten worse over time. It sounds quite compromised now.

2012 Interview

2014 Interview

2016 Interview
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 06:39:52 PM by lellobeetle » Logged

ronda

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: December 09, 2016, 10:31:27 PM »

My pleasure!

Probably he has.
Don't you think he's happy, or sincere? Because you've written "happiness"

What I meant to say is that he is "happy" to be living in Greece  at this stage of his life. I think he would
  have come back earlier if the Government had allowed it.  It is sad that his health has deteriorated so
  quickly.

onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: December 09, 2016, 10:49:03 PM »

What I meant to say is that he is "happy" to be living in Greece  at this stage of his life. I think he would
  have come back earlier if the Government had allowed it.  It is sad that his health has deteriorated so
  quickly.

oh yes, ita!

lellobeetle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: December 10, 2016, 04:41:06 AM »

Despite his philandering ways, I really now have a soft spot for old Constantine. I think he truly loves Anne Marie and she him. I think it has been a real loss for him being in exile from his homeland and I think he's feeling the grief of the years lost estranged from beautiful Greece. I feel a lot of empathy for anyone who is estranged from their beloved homeland.

star555

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: December 10, 2016, 05:36:08 AM »

Despite his philandering ways, I really now have a soft spot for old Constantine. I think he truly loves Anne Marie and she him. I think it has been a real loss for him being in exile from his homeland and I think he's feeling the grief of the years lost estranged from beautiful Greece. I feel a lot of empathy for anyone who is estranged from their beloved homeland.

I agree with you as well. Their relationship is certainly miles apart from Sofia and JC's at this point.

Here is a link to an interview Constantine and Anne-Marie did about a year ago that I thought was pretty nice. It's for a German television station, so the voice-over is in German, but Constantine, Anne-Marie, and the interviewer are all speaking English. Constantine starts talking about their relationship at about 2 minutes in and Anne-Marie comes in about 3 minutes in and then talks about their relationship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjKwpLTAMOI
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: December 10, 2016, 10:03:45 AM »

I believe that what hurted them most was the way the gornments after dictatorship handled his position and the fact that the state illegally kept the Tatoi palace and canceled the greek citizenship they owned. All in a very dark, quick way, almost everyone in the governments was against having a king and they all pushed up the things to go this way. I do think he was naive as a king but I also believe that the love for his country and the sense of duty were honest and deep. I suppose he feels he have failed and that's the saddest part of all - for every human, the sense of failure, the unjustice and the fact that, sometimes, we really cannot do anything about it.

I'm pretty sure that when he dies (and I'm sorry I mention this, I don't wish by no means), a huuuuuuge issue will come up regarding the funeral and the grave. Many, many people will oppose if the state will pay the funeral and many of them, as well, will oppose to a grave in Tatoi but I think that Constantinos and Anne Marie, as former regnants (do I say it right? ) should and have to be burried there. But that's not a very popular opinion.

lellobeetle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: December 10, 2016, 02:55:59 PM »

I agree with all your thoughts. He was still young and not knowledgeable about a turning back a military coup. Then, he kept quiet for so long and swore in the military dictatorship leaders, giving them a sort of legitimacy which must have made the people quite upset. Still, he was always for a free and democratic Greece and did not align himself with the coup leaders and refused to serve as a puppet King.

He absolutely does want to be buried at Tatoi and if he Greek government blocks that, it will be the ultimate slap in the face along with telling him he was no longer Greek, which pushed him into the European courts.

ronda

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: December 11, 2016, 12:56:02 PM »

An interesting article from June this year,  and reading the comments made me realize what a "hot debate"
  it still is amongst the Greek people  and whether the monarchy should be reinstated.

"Former Greek King Constantine Would Return to Throne if People Wanted Him."

http://greece.greekreport...one-if-people-wanted-him/ 

onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: December 11, 2016, 04:57:07 PM »

An interesting article from June this year,  and reading the comments made me realize what a "hot debate"
  it still is amongst the Greek people  and whether the monarchy should be reinstated.

There is NO possibility, it's so not going to happen. Nobody will ask for monarchy to return except from fascists. I don't go deeper on this because a political discussion is against the rules.

ronda

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: December 12, 2016, 07:59:31 AM »

There is NO possibility, it's so not going to happen. Nobody will ask for monarchy to return except from fascists. I don't go deeper on this because a political discussion is against the rules.

I don't see it happening either but with all that's happened in the world more recently, nothing
  will surprise me anymore. Never say Never.  IMO

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: December 12, 2016, 06:58:59 PM »

From the article: 

Former king of Greece, Constantine, said he is not interested in entering Greek politics because he doesn?t know anything about politics. He refuses to apologize for the coup in Greece because he was not aware that a move for a dictatorship was being planned in 1967.

My God, he's delusional.  He needs to apologize.  He was an idiot for swearing them in, and Greece suffered as a result.  He owes the Greeks a statement like, "I had no idea and I'm sorry I betrayed the people of Greece".  The comment about not entering Greek politics is laughable because his statements are indeed political.  He'd have to be a complete moron not to realize that. 

He stated that history would want him to be remembered as someone who preferred to step back rather than let his country slip into another civil war.

No, dude.  History will not want you to be remembered as such.  History will show that you were a foolish and selfish man who made a grave error and fled the country instead of staying and fighting. 

He's a fool for thinking he'd ever have a chance to come back, IMO.  He blew it back in 1967, and he should be counting his lucky stars that his in-laws on both sides of his family supported him all these years. 

The only people I feel sorry for in this case are his wife, his children, and the people he abandoned when he fled like a coward.  He wasn't fit to be king, and his actions prove it, IMO. 
Jonathan

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Life's hard being fabulous

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: December 12, 2016, 07:10:34 PM »

Star  Pixie

Advice to my Brother on his wedding day

Never say

I know you do
I've had better
Did you say something