Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Anne Marie & King Constantine II.  (Read 124872 times)
star555

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: October 02, 2017, 12:56:23 AM »

I remember him getting emotional during another appearance not too long ago (see below). I don't really recall him being an openly emotional person in general though (when thinking about long ago interviews, appearances, etc).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWLJUbjghwE
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: October 02, 2017, 01:08:04 AM »

I wonder if, like his brother in law, he's also dealing with dementia or Alzheimer's disease.  Henrik was emotional like this in that weird interview he gave back in August.
star555

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: January 17, 2018, 02:11:24 PM »

Found this link to some clips from an interview Anne-Marie gave last year. Can anyone translate what is being said?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgSiFdiBglw
onar

Big Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: January 17, 2018, 06:05:00 PM »

Found this link to some clips from an interview Anne-Marie gave last year. Can anyone translate what is being said?

Oh!!! I had no idea that there was this show and that this presenter still works as a presenter.
Give me a few minutes.

And  Star for your find!

onar

Big Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: January 17, 2018, 06:11:40 PM »

-I knew, the day I got married, that Greece was my homeland.
-Greece has given me so much (she sais that, while she is in tears) and I don't know why I'm like this now, my apologies.

(the presenter asked her if she goes to the supermarket, but the answer is not shown on the trailer)

It's only a trailer of the interview, I don't think there is access to the whole conversation since it comes from a chanel you have to pay to watch. I don't have access and the show is from last May, I don't know where it could be found.

jessmie

Medium Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: January 29, 2018, 02:30:51 AM »

Oh!!! I had no idea that there was this show and that this presenter still works as a presenter.
Give me a few minutes.

And  Star for your find!

OMG Christina Laspa (the presenter)! I had NO idea she still works on TV!

Also, let me say that Anne-Marie speaks Greek better than her late M-I-L who lived in Greece for 20+ years in comparison to Anne-Marie's 5 years! She quite charming and dignified. I think Frederik IX and Ingrid did a good job raising their daughters.

On another note, they do like giving interviews, don't they? About the good old days of glory! They paid a big price due to Constantine's in the months running up to the military coup.
onar

Big Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: January 29, 2018, 07:36:28 PM »

Give me a few minutes.

And  Star for your find!

OMG Christina Laspa (the presenter)! I had NO idea she still works on TV!

Also, let me say that Anne-Marie speaks Greek better than her late M-I-L who lived in Greece for 20+ years in comparison to Anne-Marie's 5 years! She quite charming and dignified. I think Frederik IX and Ingrid did a good job raising their daughters.

On another note, they do like giving interviews, don't they? About the good old days of glory! They paid a big price due to Constantine's in the months running up to the military coup.
it's Katerina Laspa, not Christina.  Smiley
Fredericka never liked the country or it's people, I've read (I don't remember where) that she used to speak in english at home with her children. And she was a BIG spender, right after the war that destroyed the whole country. She was selfish regarding her duties and place but princess Irene, in a long interview in greek (that I want to translate when I'll have enough time), said that their mother was very caring and have much tenderness for all of her children. Who knows.
Anne-Marie wanted to be here, she seems to be truly happy having relocated in the country and I would really like to meet her and discuss with her.

Celia

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: January 30, 2018, 02:35:20 AM »

Frederika said in her autobiography that she and her husband spoke German together, and Greek to the kids, and English to each other if they weren't in the same room (shouting down the hall). 
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: January 30, 2018, 02:38:31 AM »

Frederika said in her autobiography that she and her husband spoke German together, and Greek to the kids, and English to each other if they weren't in the same room (shouting down the hall). 

Sophia (not sure about Constantine and Irene) is fluent in German and has given interviews in German to German media. 
jessmie

Medium Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: January 30, 2018, 08:50:20 PM »

Sophia (not sure about Constantine and Irene) is fluent in German and has given interviews in German to German media. 

I think Sofia went to boarding school in Germany or Switzerland too.
Paulina

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: January 30, 2018, 11:05:15 PM »

Does Anne Marie spend time in Denmark? Do the cousins all regularly visit?
Phina

Large Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: January 30, 2018, 11:11:11 PM »

Does Anne Marie spend time in Denmark? Do the cousins all regularly visit?

Good timing for this question - just the other day Anne Marie had an official engagement with Margrethe in Copenhagen.  They were at the  “To Greece with Love” symposium at Copenhagen University:

And recently there were photos of Theodora in Copenhagen (I think she was at Nyhavn and Tivoli), maybe around Christmas, but I can't find those now.
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: January 30, 2018, 11:12:52 PM »

I haven't read her autobiography but she was famous for "embellishing" stuff and painting herself as perfect.
Sofia said in her autobiography that she and her siblings spoke in English with their mother. (Their nanny was also English or Scottish, she even attended Elena's wedding)
Sofia spent a year in a boarding school in Salem (Germany). She said (for her official biography) that she disliked speaking German because she wasn't fluent, I assume after the year she improved her German level but I don't get the impression that she's used it much since then.

Paulina

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: January 30, 2018, 11:14:08 PM »

Thank you, Phina! I read somewhere that the sisters in Denmark were close. Or maybe it was the sisters in NL. Or maybe both.  Smiley
Phina

Large Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: January 30, 2018, 11:15:55 PM »

Thank you, Phina! I read somewhere that the sisters in Denmark were close. Or maybe it was the sisters in NL. Or maybe both.  Smiley

Beer
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: