Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Anne Marie & King Constantine II.  (Read 187585 times)
CD.

Humongous Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2010, 11:19:41 PM »

The difference with Albert I think is that he owns a fair share of Monaco(Land). Am I wrong?

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and military consequences of the lie.The truth is the greatest enemy of the State"

J Goebbels
Bystander

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Monaco's social elite are jealous of me

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2010, 11:43:54 PM »

The difference with Albert I think is that he owns a fair share of Monaco(Land). Am I wrong?

Yes he does.  Also, Albert has laws in place the basically give the sovereign prince the last world in every civil, social, and criminal matters.  Albert also gets to decide who gets to live in Monaco.  It is even against the law to insult the princely family in any manner. So, not one negative word about Albert (or even Charlene) has been printed in the press.  One man was arrested, lost his job as a cathedral organist, and convicted (fined) for insulting Albert by placing a red nose on him on his website.  After much media attention in the French press about his draconian mistreatment, I believed Marc was given his job back.

But if the financial conditions continue to worsen in Monaco, Albert won't find too many people left in Monaco to rule over.  The major employer of Monaco SBM has had very bad losses, the real estate industry has taken a big loss and they are losing more and more residents. Soon there won't be too many people in Monaco that Charlene can piss off. So, even in Monaco there are ways to get rid of an ineffective sovereign.

Monaco's fairytale love story: post-engagement

PPDA: And this was the woman whom you needed?
Albert: I think...
Reporter: "Is Charlene Wittstock your soulmate?"
Albert: "I don't know if she is ...I don't know yet.
CD.

Humongous Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2010, 07:55:40 AM »

He must be marrying her for love because publicity wise she doesn't have anything to offer IMO.

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and military consequences of the lie.The truth is the greatest enemy of the State"

J Goebbels
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2010, 12:50:53 AM »

you know Tsar Nicholas II also owned a fair bit of Russia, and was the autocratic ruler, just like Fat Bert.
And like Fat Bert no one printed or said anything bad about them in the press.
But funny thing revolutions..you never know how they're gonna blow, or who they're gonna cut in their wake...

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Ugly Betty

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2010, 09:07:22 PM »

He must be marrying her for love because publicity wise she doesn't have anything to offer IMO.

It's definitely not for publicity but I'm not sure it's love either.  I don't think he can love anyone as much as he loves himself.  I think she is a great friend to him so can turn a blind eye every time he strays - which is just a question of 'when' not 'if' - as long as he doesn't publicly humiliate her because she isn't invested in him anymore than he is in her.  Any woman who thinks Albert can truly love them is only destined for heartbreak so, in essence, she may be just the perfect partner for him. 
Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2011, 01:10:03 AM »

I just read the Duchess of Devonshire's autobiography in which she talks about meeting "that ghastly Queen of Greece with her dangly earrings!"
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2011, 02:12:30 AM »

I just read the Duchess of Devonshire's autobiography in which she talks about meeting "that ghastly Queen of Greece with her dangly earrings!"
Icecream  Do share!  Does she say why she's "ghastly"?   Thinking
mrplowfan

« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2011, 02:13:56 AM »

Isn't the Duchess of Devonshire in her early 90s? Earrings beyond the lobe for that age group are considered to be for tarts (according to my Mother, anyway).
Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2011, 11:33:07 AM »

It was a quote from a letter that she wrote in the early 60s. She was in Washington for JFK's inauguration and later for his funeral. (Her husband's brother was married to Kick Kennedy and they were all very close.). In her autobiography she included some of her notes and letters from those occasions and it was one of those written in the early 60s. No other information!
It was a gorgeous autobiography - I really enjoyed it.
Rearden

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2011, 01:58:02 PM »

Anne Marie and Constantine got married in 1964, are you sure is about her? That descriptions sounds more like Constantine's mother

"You can never be too rich or too thin" - HRH The Duchess of Windsor Cambridge
mrplowfan

« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2011, 04:51:59 PM »

My bet also, QF. I don't recall Anne-Marie making any trips to the US in the early 60s with Constantine. In fact, AM and I are close in age and I was in school when he died....had to be her MIL who was not well liked. Incidentally, she also has an autobiography.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2011, 09:21:49 PM »

My bet also, QF. I don't recall Anne-Marie making any trips to the US in the early 60s with Constantine. In fact, AM and I are close in age and I was in school when he died....had to be her MIL who was not well liked. Incidentally, she also has an autobiography.

AM has an autobiography?  Do you happen to know if it's been published in English?  I'd love to read it.
mrplowfan

« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2011, 09:52:07 PM »

Frederika does. It's called A Measure of Understanding and it is in English. I recently got it and wasn't impressed with it.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2011, 11:35:05 PM »

Frederika does. It's called A Measure of Understanding and it is in English. I recently got it and wasn't impressed with it.

Thanks mrplowfan Star  I was hoping that AM had one.  Maybe someday!
Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2011, 11:56:27 PM »

Must have been Constantine's mother then. Thanks for the clarification.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: