Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Anne Marie & King Constantine II.  (Read 127451 times)
emtishell

Medium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: February 04, 2018, 05:19:02 AM »

I don't understand why Paul's death was the reason for Anne-Marie and Konstaninos have a wedding ceremony sooner. Couldn't he be king without a queen by his side? Was there any unwritten law?

He certainly could have been, I donít think there is any law (written or unwritten), maybe he just felt he didnít want to do it without the woman he loved by his side? Certainly in some ways it would have been easier for them to start out together, and build their partnership along with their reign.
onar

Big Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: February 04, 2018, 11:20:29 AM »

If I am honest, I have only heard about Frederik and Ingrid's condition that they wait until Anne-Marie is 18 to get married.

However, I would assume that it was due to the political tensions at the time. The whole decade of the 60s was a tumultuous period for Greece's political scene because of the rise of Papandreou who at the time was considered too progressive and the tensions with the right-wing conservatives. The military coup of 1967 was brewing for some time, so perhaps Constantine getting married and having children as soon as possible would send a message that the monarchy was strong.
I think there is a missunderstanding here, Andreas Papandreou (the one who took away the royal family's nationality from their passports) was outside the country back then and his father, George Papandreou, was last seen in the political scene of the country in 1962. I'm not sure about his role on this, I don't exclude it but I'm not sure.

But I understand what emtishell said about Konstantinos and Anne-Marie
He certainly could have been, I donít think there is any law (written or unwritten), maybe he just felt he didnít want to do it without the woman he loved by his side? Certainly in some ways it would have been easier for them to start out together, and build their partnership along with their reign.

jessmie

Medium Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: February 04, 2018, 03:08:32 PM »

If I am honest, I have only heard about Frederik and Ingrid's condition that they wait until Anne-Marie is 18 to get married.

However, I would assume that it was due to the political tensions at the time. The whole decade of the 60s was a tumultuous period for Greece's political scene because of the rise of Papandreou who at the time was considered too progressive and the tensions with the right-wing conservatives. The military coup of 1967 was brewing for some time, so perhaps Constantine getting married and having children as soon as possible would send a message that the monarchy was strong.
I think there is a missunderstanding here, Andreas Papandreou (the one who took away the royal family's nationality from their passports) was outside the country back then and his father, George Papandreou, was last seen in the political scene of the country in 1962. I'm not sure about his role on this, I don't exclude it but I'm not sure.

But I understand what emtishell said about Konstantinos and Anne-Marie

Yes, George Papandreou was PM after Karamanlis lost the elections, but Andreas Papandreou was his economic advisor and the right-wing conservatives were concerned about his influence. He only left the country after the coup and was in exile during the junta.
onar

Big Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: February 04, 2018, 03:31:22 PM »

Andreas  Papandreou wasn't elected until '64 (and that same year Karamanlis lost the elections), the same year of Konstantinos and Anne-Marie wedding. The whole thing started being messing around 1965 (until the dramatic events of 1967), so I believe that it was not his action that put pressure in the monarchy so early. Maybe in the next years, certainly after the dictatorship but not before the wedding. But I don't know.

Truth is that Anne-Marie always speeks high of this country, despite the fact she spend a short period of her earl life here and she must be hurted by the exile etc.

castille

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: March 11, 2018, 08:51:04 PM »

I am not certain if the video has been posted before; if it has I am sorry. The video is in German and I do not know what it is about. If someone could tell me the name of the music playing around the 23:15 mark; I have heard it before but I donít remember where.

https://youtu.be/YncUlQxTOoU
onar

Big Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: March 31, 2018, 10:18:05 PM »

I am not certain if the video has been posted before; if it has I am sorry. The video is in German and I do not know what it is about. If someone could tell me the name of the music playing around the 23:15 mark; I have heard it before but I donít remember where.

https://youtu.be/YncUlQxTOoU
I found the song!!!!!! (I hadn't seen your post earlier)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTBYm-7TOkc

onar

Big Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: June 03, 2018, 03:05:25 AM »

It's Konstantinos' birthday. Theodora posted this lovely photo on her insta account
https://www.instagram.com...YDtB5pO/?taken-by=tgreece

lellobeetle

Warned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: June 03, 2018, 07:34:13 AM »

It's Konstantinos' birthday. Theodora posted this lovely photo on her insta account
https://www.instagram.com...YDtB5pO/?taken-by=tgreece

Nice  Star

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: June 03, 2018, 05:14:07 PM »

I was surprised he made it to Fred's birthday.  He just doesn't look healthy at all.  I wonder if he's able to walk at all anymore.
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: June 03, 2018, 05:18:55 PM »

Thatís a sweet picture Smiley

Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

Felipe, Leti: where are you?

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: June 03, 2018, 11:46:07 PM »

I was surprised he made it to Fred's birthday.  He just doesn't look healthy at all.  I wonder if he's able to walk at all anymore.
He's so frail right now...I was shocked when I saw him at Henri's funeral  No

Visit us https://a-minha-vida-afinal-deu-um-blog.webnode.pt

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
Ellie

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: June 04, 2018, 03:37:52 AM »

I'm also impressed he made it to Fred's birthday party. He's old and doesn't look well.

I figure they would never miss an event to be royal, though. I'm cynical, I know.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: