Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Anne Marie & King Constantine II.  (Read 173991 times)
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: November 24, 2019, 03:43:45 PM »

He does look healthier. It seems he lost some weight too.
periwinkle

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: November 24, 2019, 04:43:26 PM »

They look good and weight loss surely helps him when he is not in the chair to move more easily. Has anything official been announced about what health concerns he is facing? I have always liked Anne Marie she seems normal for someone who has only known palaces I think I like that she at an advanced age has committed herself to living in Greece again and relearning the language. I think that speaks volumes about her character and her priorities. They are living a very nice retirement it seems in a country that has been hostile to them that is good. I hope they are shown respect at best and quiet indifference at worst.
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: November 24, 2019, 04:47:07 PM »

Is it me or is Con's left hand semi-paralyzed? It's the way his fingers are curling, though it's hard to say with pictures and not video.

thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: November 24, 2019, 04:50:13 PM »

Glad to see he's looking healthier and in good spirits. Anne Marie seems so lovely, good to see her happy. I'm sure if he's feeling better it's a weight off of her as well.
LadyBunion

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: November 24, 2019, 04:51:45 PM »

Is it me or is Con's left hand semi-paralyzed? It's the way his fingers are curling, though it's hard to say with pictures and not video.

Maybe a Dupuytren's contracture
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: June 04, 2020, 10:04:11 AM »

Constantine gave an interview to Hello on the occasion of his 80th birthday

thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: June 04, 2020, 02:13:35 PM »

This is a really lovely photo spread! I know he's had a number of health issues recently, but he looks like he's feeling good here. The grounds of their house look beautiful.
Booklover

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: June 04, 2020, 05:22:17 PM »

The photos are lovely. And the house is just beautiful, and the garden and flowers are  breathtaking. They both look great, Greece is a beautiful place.  Smiley
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: June 04, 2020, 06:27:37 PM »

LA  Star thank you for the photos!
I had no idea! I'll look for the issue tomorrow and I'll try to post a translation!
I hope I will find it.

onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: June 05, 2020, 02:14:55 PM »

I bought it!  Jumping
Stay tuned!

Booklover

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: June 05, 2020, 04:49:03 PM »

I can't wait! I wish I could get this issue in Canada.
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: June 06, 2020, 01:21:32 AM »

So here we are!
Konstantinos and Anne-Marie's interview in HELLO Greece, issue no 395
In [...] there would be my comments.
My translation is not perfect. Idioms, special expressions etc have been loosely translated keeping the original message but not always giving the exact phrase in english.

-80th birthday is a milestone in anyone's life. Do you feel, truly, full of experiences and content?
I have live 80 happy years. There were, of course, disappointements but I got over them with support and love from my family.

-Would you concider yourself lucky, after all these things you have seen so far?
Yes, I have a happy life with hy wife and I feel full inside now that I'm back at my homeland.

-If you could re-live and change a moment from your tenure in the highest rank of the country, what would that moment be?
December 13th, 1967 [The dictatorship was already established in the country. That day, Konstantinos, still the king, tried to overthrow the dictator and we all know how that went]

-Of all people whom you met and whom had held positions in military and political life of the country, is there anyone you find special?
It would be unfair to name specific persons. I am greatfull to all of those, from the army, who stood by me that day, that so hard day, of December 13th, 1967.

-If there is someone that traded you that day, have you forgive them?
I have forgive them and I don't forget that they had betrayed their oath.

-What is that characteristic you appreciate the most in us, Greeks, and what do you think is our biggest flaw?
I believe that Greek people is a much resoursefull people from the anticity, for example in Homer we read about Odysseus and the biggest flaw is the fear to take up responsibilities.

-Do you still remember your first thought and your first words when you met queen Anne-Marie?
The queen, when I met her, she was a little girl, 13 years old. Love came later, when we met again after years had passed.

-Did the loss of your rank affect your personal and family balance? Your unity, as a couple, was ever in danger?
We never had to deal with such an issue, on the contrary it brought us even closer. My wife fully supported me in my personal experience. I was very lucky, so to speak.

-Among your five children, who you think has the most elements coming from you?
All of our children have features from the queen and myself. I would say that from me they have taken the love for the homeland and from the queen the love and loyalty to the family.

-The spanish people love you sister, queen Sofia, who's very popular. What element of her do you appreciate the most?
I know how much my sister loves Spain and I do admire all she has done for her country. Thank God, we see each other quite often. She has a big heart and wonderfull sense of humour. What I always love to her is the gift she has to gather all the family member wherever she is.

-You fully supported, with all your power, Greece claiming the Olympic Games in 2004. Is there anything else that you would like to do for the country but you couldn't because of the given situation?
Always, in my mind, I want the best for the country and I will always support any initiative for the country, in any way I can.

-If you could choose 5 important moments - in your pesonal life or during your reign - what would these moments be?
When I won the golden metal for Greece. My wedding. Each birth of every child of mine. My first visit to Greece after years being away. My final return.

-If you weren't born for this particular position, what profession would you like to follow?
I've never thought about it but, when I was a student at school, I had participated in many thetrical plays and I like it very much. So, it had crossed my mind that it would be interesting to be an actor. Maybe that affected my daughter, Theodora.

-Was your love for the sea and sailing the reason you chose Porto Heli as the place for your main house?
I grew up loving the sea. We have spent many summers in this place, which is magical and very close to Athens - that allows us to visit Athens as often as we like.

-What scared you the most now, with this pandemia? Do you think that what we all experienced will bring a new era for humanity?
First of all, I had in my mind my whole family to be safe and healthy. Also, for Greece to manage to keep the number of the cases low and not to have the tragic losses that other countries had, especially after all this agony because of the previous financial crisis. These were the concerns of my wife and myself. Indeed, I do believe we have entered a new era for humanity, after this test, and I hope that things will get better. I am very optimistic about that, since Greek scientists and the state took care of our safety so well.

-Because of the pandemia, princess Theodora's weddings had to be postponed. Is there a new date?
Unfortunately, because of the current situation, we cannot have a new date soon. God willing [ok, I googled this], when the things will be better, the wedding will take place in Greece.

-Havind deal with very difficult situations, is there anything that scares you today?
I am scared of many things but I believe that Greece will come out, once again, as a winner and pioneer.

Queen Anne Marie answers the following questions:
-How do you feel after 56 years of marriage with king Konstantinos?
I feel we're very lucky to have found each other and we have a very happy, fulfilling life with 5 chidlren and 9 grandchildren so far!

-How is the king as a husband and father?
The fact that we are together 56 years and we have such a big family means that we have strong bonds of love and loyalty.

-You learnt the greek language and you loved Greece as your own country. What Greece gave to you that made you to have it in you heart?
I came to Greece at a very young age and I couldn't help myself to hug this country instantly, as I had the feelinf I belong here from the first second.

That was it!
Very small interview, I was expecting something bigger and more... impressive, as the occasion of his 80th bday is huge personal milestone.
The questions were more or less expected and there wasn't anything new, we have read/heard all these things before. Nevertheless, it was wonderfull they opened their home for us, it is a love place, and it was nice they gave an interview.
If you have questions, if there is any part that doesn't make sense, please let me know and I'll try to translate it better or explain it.
Ps. Since I started reading this forum, when I read or right the words experience and experienced, I'm thinking of Mary's experienced experience. Every single time!

getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: June 06, 2020, 06:43:43 AM »

The photos are lovely. And the house is just beautiful, and the garden and flowers are  breathtaking. They both look great, Greece is a beautiful place.  Smiley

thx Onar  Star

can someone tell me where is their/this house please?

Love the grounds 

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: June 06, 2020, 09:47:50 AM »

Thank you onar for the translation!  Star Star
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: June 06, 2020, 10:04:57 AM »

thx Onar  Star

can someone tell me where is their/this house please?

Love the grounds 

G Smiley
Their house is in Porto Heli area, Argolis, Peloponnese. Relatively close to the very beautiful Nafplion.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: