Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Anne Marie & King Constantine II.  (Read 151873 times)
Kristallinchen

Huge Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: June 06, 2019, 08:00:07 AM »

The greek male royals (aside from Prince Philip, who I believe inherited his long living genes from his mother Princess Alice) all don't have a reputation of living very long.

In fact compared to them Constantine is already a dinosaur.

I just hope that everything will go well with him and Theodora's wedding.
luvcharles

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: June 06, 2019, 08:15:09 AM »

In determining the longevity of the Greek royal males it is sometimes easy to look at age at death and not either lifestyle or reason for death.

Philip's paternal grandfather, for instance - and the ancestor of all the male Greek royals today - was assassinated aged 68. He had, by all accounts taken care of his health for the times in which he lived so probably would have lived another 10 or so years had he not been assassinated. 68 was also about 15 years above the life expectancy for the times.

Philip's great-grandfather - Christian IX of Denmark lived for 88 years - way beyond the normal life-expectancy for his day (1818-1906).

With those long-lived genes in the family at a time when medical care wasn't what it is today lifestyle has to have a major impact on how long a person lives as well. The Greeks between George I and Constantine seem to have not taken care of their health as much as they could - probably due to the circumstances of their lives. They drank heavily for instance. They also smoked as a general rule.

Kristallinchen

Huge Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: June 06, 2019, 08:34:17 AM »

You're right of course about King George I.

King Alexander also would've lived longer, if it hadn't been for the monkek bite.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: June 07, 2019, 01:01:34 PM »

And with the life expectancy growing and our own expectation to live healthily and fulfilled until extremely old age, we do tend to forget that 79/80 is already quite a ripe age. I lost a friend last weekend, who was 77 and considering that she had nursed her mother-in-law til the uncredible age of 101, we all cried, that she had died much too soon - forgetting that it is always too soon and that at 77 a body is growing more and more fragile by the moment.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: June 07, 2019, 06:34:46 PM »

^ totally right, fairy.
My uncle died two weeks ago aged 88, he was the older brother of my father, there's another uncle/brother now aged 84, and my father is 80. The whole family was like "uuuh, we did not expect that" - although the uncle was fragile for the last 5 years already. So dying peacefully at 88 (after having lived a good & full life in mostly good health, seeing your 2 sons having 4 kids themselves), is, in my eyes, a natural thing.

We do often forget that the current live expectancy, as reported, does not apply to those born 80 years ago.
A man born today may in average expect to live for 80 years.
At the time my uncle was born (1931), the life expectancy for males born it that year was around 63. So when you surpass this by a quarter of a century, I think that's an achievement per se already.
Sure it is always a tragedy when a family member passes away, but at least he died peaceful at home and we all had the time to say goodbye.

From this point of view, also Konstantin is way above the average already, and looking at pictures from the past years, he has become really frail recently.
periwinkle

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: June 08, 2019, 09:15:32 PM »

Oh dear he doesn't look like he is doing well what a shame. Nice of his closest family to be around him. Where does he live at this point? They made a new home in Greece on an island near MC and Pavlos right? Or do they live in Athens near the second son and close to medical centers? Bless him I hope his time in Greece can allow for a certain peace even if his body is breaking down.
ralf103

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: June 09, 2019, 12:35:45 AM »

I thought MC and Pavlos lived in New York with homes in London and the English countryside. I didn't think they owned a home in Greece.
desertrose

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: June 09, 2019, 01:33:23 AM »

Oh dear he doesn't look like he is doing well what a shame. Nice of his closest family to be around him. Where does he live at this point? They made a new home in Greece on an island near MC and Pavlos right? Or do they live in Athens near the second son and close to medical centers? Bless him I hope his time in Greece can allow for a certain peace even if his body is breaking down.

I think Constantine and Anne-Marie live in Porto Heli but they have an apartment at the Hotel Grande Bretagne in Athens too. Pavlos and MC have rented a villa at the Amanzoe hotel in Porto Heli before so I don't think they have their own house.
KatyMc

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: June 21, 2019, 03:32:24 PM »

BREAKING: King Constantine II of the Hellenes has had a heart attack and has been admitted to a hospital, according to some Greek media outlets.
It is said his health has sharply detiorated

https://eurohistoryjourna...-greece-admitted.html?m=1

https://twitter.com/royal.../1142048230169108480?s=21
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: June 21, 2019, 03:33:39 PM »

BREAKING: King Constantine II of the Hellenes has had a heart attack and has been admitted to a hospital, according to some Greek media outlets.
It is said his health has sharply detiorated

https://eurohistoryjourna...-greece-admitted.html?m=1

https://twitter.com/royal.../1142048230169108480?s=21

Blink wow!

He already looked (very) fragile the past couple of years.
Booklover

Warned
Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: June 21, 2019, 04:01:43 PM »

Poor Constantine.  I hope he recovers.
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: June 21, 2019, 04:27:18 PM »

I hope he recovers!
I googled a little bit but nothing more is mentioned in the greek media, only that he is at the hospital and that a month ago he had a surgery.

Celia

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: June 21, 2019, 05:21:15 PM »

Marlene (of the Musings blog and geneology books) says his office has denied the news, but she didn't post a link.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: