Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alice, Princess Andrew of Greece  (Read 53457 times)
hrhpita

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2019, 06:17:28 PM »

If I understood the scence correctly in The Crwon, Prince Phillip did NOT know all that his mother went through UNTIL he read that article in The Guardian?! Is this true?

hrhpita

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2019, 08:33:23 PM »

If I understood the scence correctly in The Crwon, Prince Phillip did NOT know all that his mother went through UNTIL he read that article in The Guardian?! Is this true?

Nevermind I don't think that interview ever happened 

Olya

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2019, 01:38:56 AM »

Nevermind I don't think that interview ever happened 

No, it didn't. That whole bit was highly fictionalized, including Phil being embarrassed of his mum and not wanting to see her, keeping her from the BBC cameras (the docu was shot when Alice was living at the palace for 2 or so years already) and more. The reporter who did the interview also never existed.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2019, 01:47:28 AM »

They also had Princess Margaret relationship with Rody Llewally be one weekend only.
AutumnOpal

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2019, 09:59:27 PM »

She is by far my favorite character in Season 3 of ``The Crown."

I hate how they couldn’t try to find either Greek actors for the roles, or a proper voice coach for the actors who took the parts. The fake accept is really hard to hear for those of us who speak Greek.
Ok, but she was born in Buck House and raised in England. What accent should she have had when speaking English?

She had an accent when she was speaking Greek and so did everyone else who was speaking Greek. I would accept that perhaps someone who’s not originally Greek would have an accent because Greek is not an easy language, but even those she interacts who are supposed to be Greek speak with accents in Greek. Which is why I am wondering why they couldn’t try to find Greek actors to play those parts, and have a better voice coach for her, since she is supposed to have been living in Greece for decades by that point.

Queen Mary reportedly had a German accent when speaking English (yes despite growing up in England) but they didn't portray that in Season One of the Crown either.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2019, 10:18:57 PM »

I have often wondered if that alleged accent was indeed true or perhaps a bit of a slur, since all things german have been considered bad and wretched.
May's mother was british, she had british nannies and was raised mainly in Britain. I fail to see how she could have developed a german accent.
As to Alice Battenberg, she was deaf, accents could not have played into her speech pattern.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2019, 10:25:41 PM »

I assume it was a slur considering post-WWI anti-German backlash. I've read Mary had a lovely voice and a very proper accent as an Englishwoman. She considered herself fully, wholly, utterly English.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2019, 10:31:52 PM »

I have often wondered if that alleged accent was indeed true or perhaps a bit of a slur, since all things german have been considered bad and wretched.
May's mother was british, she had british nannies and was raised mainly in Britain. I fail to see how she could have developed a german accent.
As to Alice Battenberg, she was deaf, accents could not have played into her speech pattern.

Yeah I’m skeptical of that too.

It was actually said that the children of the last imperial family actually spoke English with a cockney accent for a bit, because their first nanny and nurses were of that background.

If Alice had any type of speech issue that made her sound different it was most likely due to her hearing issues.

CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2020, 01:38:50 AM »

Prince and Princess Andrew of Greece   
http://www.alamy.com/stoc...w-of-greece-22261166.html
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2020, 03:23:13 AM »

Wow!  Thanks Cyril!  Star

I think Charles inherited his grandfather’s ears.
periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2020, 03:40:57 AM »

Princess Alice was really beautiful wasn't she? I think the Duke of Edinburgh has always been seriously handsome and I see how he takes after his mother.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2020, 01:28:37 AM »

Wow!  Thanks Cyril!  Star

I think Charles inherited his grandfather’s ears.

anastasaia beaverhausen, I am glad that you like the picture of Princess Alice and Prince Andrew.
Celia

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2020, 06:29:21 PM »

Here's audio of George V and Mary giving an address.  She comes on just past the 2:00 mark.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: