Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greek Royal News  (Read 221513 times)
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #870 on: February 05, 2017, 08:26:36 PM »

Like the green on MC. She has strange eyes though - always thought so. She never wears much make up and I like that she is not afraid to go almost bare faced - at least bare faced compared to most other royal ladies.

I don't think she's bare-faced at all. It's a lot of makeup to look bare-faced.  Wink She has a lot of foundation on. She just doesn't like wearing colors, not in eye shadow or lips. With the bottle-blonde hair and no colors, she looks washed-out. In her younger days, this type of makeup worked. It doesn't work well as she ages IMO.   

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #871 on: February 05, 2017, 09:57:35 PM »

The green suit is very nice IMO but MC looks very.. bland. She's obviously one of those women who picked her butt over her face which is of course her choice to make but some more makeup might make up for it Clown
ortensia

Warned
Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #872 on: February 06, 2017, 02:55:10 PM »

New pics of the wedding
http://www.hola.com/reale...lemos-mariana-goulandris/
Alexia
Banned
Banned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #873 on: February 07, 2017, 11:34:59 PM »

According to RF both Phillipos and Theodora attended  the Greek socialitie wedding on Saturday as well, and both! with their partners!!!
So  I guess we' ll see at least one Engagement this year.
onar

Huge Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #874 on: February 11, 2017, 03:45:03 PM »

http://www.yupiii.gr/goss...rianna_Goylandrh-Dwr.html
Philippos Laimos and Marianna Goulandris gave 1,000,000 euros, as a wedding gift, to 3 foundations
-Association for friends of children with cancer "ELPIDA"
-"ELIZA" foundation and
- international non-governmental organisation "SAVE THE CHILDREN".

good for them and the children!

jessmie

Medium Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #875 on: February 12, 2017, 10:32:22 PM »

http://www.yupiii.gr/goss...rianna_Goylandrh-Dwr.html
Philippos Laimos and Marianna Goulandris gave 1,000,000 euros, as a wedding gift, to 3 foundations
-Association for friends of children with cancer "ELPIDA"
-"ELIZA" foundation and
- international non-governmental organisation "SAVE THE CHILDREN".

good for them and the children!

That's a grand gesture and very well done, but it always feels a little sad that so many rich friends of the Vardinogiannis family, which is maternal family of the bride, choose to only donate to the causes Marianna Vardinogianni, the grandmother of the bride, supports. You see so many Greek and some international celebrities supporting "ELPIDA" and "ELIZA", but not the "Smile of the Child", "Chamogelo tou Paidiou" which provides a home and education to hundreds of thousands of orphan children in Greece, including children refugees. That is an organisation that is truly struggling to survive. The organisation is based on many buildings around the country in order to cater to the need, and the taxes they need to pay are far too high, and they don't get enough donations to be able to provide the children with everything necessary and be able to pay the taxes. At the same time, the Greek state also refuses to agree to them paying less tax because of the cause they serve.

By all means, the Lemos-Goulandris couple did a brilliant job and congratulations to them and their friends for being so generous, but it feels a bit sad as well, because as I said, those causes have always enjoyed great support by rich people because the head of the organisation is the grandmother of the bride.
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #876 on: February 12, 2017, 10:46:08 PM »

According to RF both Phillipos and Theodora attended  the Greek socialitie wedding on Saturday as well, and both! with their partners!!!
So  I guess we' ll see at least one Engagement this year.

And Philippos girlfriend was with the GRF in Greece this summer.

onar

Huge Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #877 on: February 12, 2017, 10:53:27 PM »

Hi jessmie!
I'm so happy you know "Chamogelo tou Paidiou" organisation, they do an amazing job, indeed! And yes, unfortunately they are in deep financial troubles because of the lack of money and the high taxes. Thankfully, last year Klelia Chajiioannou payed them and now the institution can continue to help children.
A little bit out of topic, but worth mentioned since the discussion took this path, one more organisation is named "Kivotos tou Kosmou"/ Arc of the World. It was founded in 1998 by a priest, Father Antonios. They support kids and their mothers in need, providing a home and proper education. This is their site http://www.kivotostoukosmou.org/en/ in case someone is interested in helping/donating etc. But even if not, their action has to be spread.

I absolutely agree with everything else you said, it's a sad true that they help only "their" people, of course they boost Marianna Vardinoganni's projects, completely ignoring other institutions, associations and organisations that provide equally imporant work and they need money.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 11:06:21 PM by onar » Logged

jessmie

Medium Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #878 on: February 13, 2017, 11:12:26 AM »

Hi jessmie!
I'm so happy you know "Chamogelo tou Paidiou" organisation, they do an amazing job, indeed! And yes, unfortunately they are in deep financial troubles because of the lack of money and the high taxes. Thankfully, last year Klelia Chajiioannou payed them and now the institution can continue to help children.
A little bit out of topic, but worth mentioned since the discussion took this path, one more organisation is named "Kivotos tou Kosmou"/ Arc of the World. It was founded in 1998 by a priest, Father Antonios. They support kids and their mothers in need, providing a home and proper education. This is their site http://www.kivotostoukosmou.org/en/ in case someone is interested in helping/donating etc. But even if not, their action has to be spread.

I absolutely agree with everything else you said, it's a sad true that they help only "their" people, of course they boost Marianna Vardinoganni's projects, completely ignoring other institutions, associations and organisations that provide equally imporant work and they need money.

I am half-Greek. Yes, that's right, Chajiioannou payed the tax, but that really does not solve the problem unfortunately, and I completely neglected mentioning "Kivotos tou Kosmou". Sorry about that.

The point I was trying to make is that those organisations the couple supported, very generously, will never ever have financial problems because the Vardinogiannis family funnels money into them. Organisations like "Chamogelo tou paidiou" and "Kivotos tou Kosmou" mostly depend on donations for regular people which cannot donate as much as these rich families can.

And Tatiana Blatnik is involved in the "Elpida Youth" project along with Marianna Goulandris, the bride, and another Greek socialite, Laura Makropoulou-Lalaounis. It genuinely feels like "Elpida" is just a networking project. Again, I am in no way trying to undermine everything the Elpida organisation or the Vardinogiannis family have offered, and they have offered a lot, but looking into the events and initiatives this organisation is holding, it feels like just another socialite event for the rich ladies of Athens.
onar

Huge Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #879 on: February 13, 2017, 08:50:33 PM »

I was suspected your origins because otherwise it would be hard to know about these foundations Grin

I have the impression that Tatiana works with Elpida youth, I mean she gets paid and she couldn't if she was cooperating with another institution.

Since we can mention here super rich Greek people and not only royals, to be back on topic, here are 2 pics of Laura Lalaouni-Makropoulou.
I always thought she is very very beautiful, classic greek beauty.

In the second pic, with her husband Yiannis Dragnis, shipowner. They had their second son in the end of 2015/beginning of 2016.

jessmie

Medium Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #880 on: February 13, 2017, 10:31:51 PM »

I was suspected your origins because otherwise it would be hard to know about these foundations Grin

I have the impression that Tatiana works with Elpida youth, I mean she gets paid and she couldn't if she was cooperating with another institution.

Since we can mention here super rich Greek people and not only royals, to be back on topic, here are 2 pics of Laura Lalaouni-Makropoulou.
I always thought she is very very beautiful, classic greek beauty.

In the second pic, with her husband Yiannis Dragnis, shipowner. They had their second son in the end of 2015/beginning of 2016.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tatiana is paid, but I would still wonder why she's paid. I doubt she does any admin work or any strategic planning for policies or events. She is just using her name to attract more donations which is unnecessary because the majority of people already donating to Elpida are rich friends and acquaintances of the Vardinogiannis family.

I am still struggling to understand why she and Nikolaos moved to Greece. They are by all means free to do what they want, but they don't really look like they spend a lot of time in the country and I seriously doubt they pay any taxes there. She doesn't speak any Greek (nor does Marianna Goulandris while we're at it). Nikolaos might be running for MP or some other position, but I am not sure that would be a good idea given the status of the royal family. I have a lot of Greek friends and I spend almost two months in Greece every year, and the royal family is still a bit of a taboo issue.
onar

Huge Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #881 on: February 13, 2017, 11:34:52 PM »

Maybe they see the opportunities for people with money. Who knows...
Maybe Nik truly believes he belongs here, roots and all the rest. It's ok to me. It's nice anyway that Tatiana helps people here, she doesn't have to but she helps people and advertise the country to her circle which is good for us. In an interview I had posted in their topic she said she learns greek. They could be an asset, well at least she can be an asset considering how positive she talks about the country.

Zazoo

Small Member

Cyprus Cyprus

Ignore
« Reply #882 on: February 15, 2017, 08:49:59 PM »

very unflattering photo for both of them

this is Filippo's and Theodora's plus one presumably their partners

sourse: http://www.yupiii.gr/

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." ? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #883 on: February 15, 2017, 09:09:38 PM »

very unflattering photo for both of them

this is Filippo's and Theodora's plus one presumably their partners

sourse: http://www.yupiii.gr/

Thanks, Zazoo!  Star  I was hoping to see a pic of Flip and Theo and their dates.
onar

Huge Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #884 on: February 15, 2017, 09:39:59 PM »

MO has to stop the botox. ASAP.

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: