Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 69   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greek Royal News  (Read 267218 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #960 on: June 19, 2019, 09:56:15 AM »

Onar, thank you for the translation!!
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #961 on: June 19, 2019, 02:47:08 PM »

Keeping up with the interview. https://www.youtube.com/w...v=-m1IaogVyLc&t=1201s
(around 22nd minute)

P=presenter
AM=Anne Marie

P: The most important thing is that all the people here, they were waiting for this to happen, they were living for this, all the roads were with flags, people were waiting in both sides of the roads. According to the protocol, you were with your father in the first carriage?
AM: My husband was already there. I was expected to be the last one arriving in the Metropolis (The church. Their wedding was at the Metropolis of Athens). And he was there before us, along with his mother, queen Fredericka, in the 1st carriage. And after that, we were headed there.

-video from the route with the carriages-

AM: I was extremely impressed.
P: What was that impressed you the most?
AM: The people, how warm they were...
P: How expressive they were?
AM: Yes. It was something I didn't expect. People in Denmark do not express themselves so openly, so vividly. Here, in Greece, nothing stays hidden! (both laughing) But it's something good!
P: Here, in Greece, we want to touch, to hug...
AM: That impressed me very much, it was very beautiful.
P: The tension and the exitement of the people made the horses nervous though... Were you worried about it? Because it was a long route.
AM: It was a long route, indeed!
P: What was on your mind?
AM: I remember, when we were going to the carriage, we left the Metropolis after the ceremony, and this is when we had the long run. I thought we were at Omonia square and the horses went a little bit not straight... and I was thinking "hmm... what is going on now? ". And then my though were that the carriage is open, so I would jump if anything happens. Later, my husband explained to me that it was because - no, they were trained for the people - but they weren't trained for the rice (Here, in Greece, we "rain" the newllywedds with rice for good luck), and the rice was going inside the ears of the horses. And they were moving their heads.
P: I would do the same!
AM: Yes! But, in the end, everything was nicely done, it was ok and everything was very beautiful.

-video of the after-the-wedding route-

P: There is a general question and we are sensitive with some issues, were you vaptised as greek-orthodox?
AM: Not back then, later. 6 months later. Easter, 1965.

-photos of Anne-Marie and Constantinos-

AM: I loved my husband very much and I was in love.
P: Because he was a king? (Jesus, what kind of question is this... )
AM: No, it didn't matter. It was because of the person he was, not because of what he was. Not because he was a king, it didn't impress me because I was a king's daughter myself. So kings in general, didn't impress me much.
P: What was the characteristic he had that made you fall in love? What are his main traits?
AM: He has patience, he has humour, all these things, but he has a big heart.
P: Is he tender? Does he show that he cares?
AM: Absolutely. And he is a very good father. And what he taught me is that one oughts to give as much as one can to their homeland, meaning to Greece and the greek people.
P: To offer...
AM: Yes, to offer as much as you can.
P: If I asked you to tell us a greek song you love.
AM: Before we got married, Constantinos used to regularly send me discs. Greek discs, Hatzidakis mostly. And in the beginning of our relationship, he had sent me a song "The mailman is dead" (O tahidromos pethane). You don't know the song, because you are too young to know it, but it's a very nice song, very sad song of course, melancholic. So this is what I liked very much. Athina also, and many Hatzidakis' songs. And Nana Mouskouri, as well.

-video playing the song-

P: How did you spend your days?
AM: Traveling through Greece, we went everywhere. In a short amount of time, I saw almost the whole country and I did everything I could. Princess Irene helped me a lot.

-family photos-

P: While you were here, as queen, did you feel missing Denmark? Your friends, your family?
AM: No, no. I was excited about my new life, about Greece, about everything. It never crossed my mind (to miss Denmark). I was so happy here and everyone was surprised that I didn't feel any nostalgia for Denmark. I know I was born there and this is very important but now I am Greek and Greece is everything to me. I don't say it just to say it. I feel like this, deeply.
P: Your life has a lot of suspense, it's a long story.
AM: You know what... no one know what the future holds and we have to live in the present. And as I say, I was very excited and everything was so beautiful. Of course, we had difficult moments.
P: After the pink fairy tale, at least it started this way, with the young princess and the king, a very hard period of time followed. Are there things that you do not allow to yourself to remember? Does it hurt?
AM: I don't avoid thinking anything because whatever is done, is done. It's reality. Life cannot be a fairytale, it's real. So everything that happened, I'm thinking about it, I know what happened and, ok, we have...
P: However, as a woman, back then you were most worried how to keep your family safe and calm, your kids, the political part wasn't your concern. And we have to notice that here in the show we have the pleasure to know you as a woman, apart from you being queen. We have completely respected your wish to not extend the conversation on political matters. However, history is history and you lived those things... so as a woman, as a mother, how you dealed with that period? Because you were forced to live in Rome, London, you were trying to find balance.  
AM: Yes, and I believe we found it, as a family we found it. We were very lucky because we were very bonded. I wanted to help my husband as much as I could. Those difficult moments were most difficult for him, than for me. I clearly remember the worst moment, it was April 21st, 1967. I had never seen the king so deeply sad and since the day king Pavlos died, this day was very very hard. I had to be calm and I was trying to be. I was expecting our son, he was born a month later, our first son. So for all these things, wasn't easy but we were very close to each other, we are together and we help each other.

-family photos-

P: How many members your family has? All together!
AM: All together? We are 19!
P: 19! Counting 5 kids and how many grandchildren?
AM: 9.
P: 9 grandchildren!
AM: Alexia has 4 children, 3 girls and a boy. Pavlos has 5 children, a girl and 4 boys. Nikolaos doesn't have any children yet, but we'll see in the future, and the two little, although I cannot call them little anymore because they're both above 30, the two youngest are not married yet.
P: Here in Greece, mothers who have a boy and a girl, they say different things to them, they say different things about the daughter-in-law and about the son-in-law.
AM: Like what?
P: How is your relationships with your daughters in law?
AM: We get along very well, and I love them very much. Most importantly, I know that both Pavlos and Nikolaos are very happy. With Marie Chantal and Tatiana we have great time together, and what makes me really happy is that both love Greece very much and this is very important.
P: In big/important holidays, do you gather all together?
AM: Not every year but every 2-3 years we do so. Last time, we were all in England to spend Christmas together and we were all the 19 of us.
P: I suppose it was a big house...
AM: Yes, the house was big and everything was very nice, very nice! But I mustn't forgot my son-in-law, because he is a great person. He is an architect and he is a wonderful person! He loves Alexia very much and the kids, and Greece!
P: Your children, your grandchildren do they call you to ask for your advice?
AM: Not very much, not yet. But I do see them and we talk. Sometimes we use sms.
-They laugh at her gesture trying to show how she is typing-
AM: I am very slow at this, but I do it!

-family photos with AM's children and grandchildren-

P: Have you ever been in a supermarket? I don't know, maybe it is a little strange... it is a simplistic question.
AM: Yes... uhmmm... I'm not very into shopping like this, I don't cook.
P: If I ask you, how much a lt of milk costs, do you know?
AM: (looking showing she doesn't know)
P: (laughing) It doesn't matter! You told me you cook?
AM: No, I do not cook! But I like greek dishes! We have a greek chef, he is very good and he makes all this delicious things, it's very nice.
P: What kind of personalities cannot tolerate, cannot forgive?
AM: Lies.
P: You cannot handle with lies.
AM: For me, it's very important to always say the truth. It may be hard, it may be unpleasant but we have to say the truth. But with tact!
P: There is always the right way to say the truth! (both laughing) Lately, you have chosen to live in Greece!
AM: Yes, luckily! Permantly.
P: Do you enjoy it?
AM: Very much! You cannot imagine how happy we are here in Greece! Always! And we have completed the circle.
P: In Athens and in Greece, in comparison with 50 years ago, what do you see and that is changed? Many things of course, it's a long time, but what impresses you the most?
AM: The people... they are... ok, of course now there are difficult times, but they do smile, and they do smile. One can see so many people walking on the streets. Not in stores of course, but on the streets. They do everything they can for their work, for their family.
P: And to help each other.
AM: Yes, to help each other.
P: That was the positive part. Some disadvantages, maybe?
AM: Well... we all have.
P: We all have.
AM: Either one cries or one laughs.
P: There is no grey, it's either white or black.
AM: There is no grey, and this what my mother-in-law had told me. In Greece, it's either white or black, grey doesn't exist! (both laughing)
P: At least one knows what he has to deal with! However, for people in Denmark, it has been said that they are the most happy citizens in the world!
AM: It is so!
P: Is it true?
AM: When I see them, on the streets, they do smile, yes, but maybe... I don't know... I cannot say why they are like this. They have achieved so many things in the country, for the environment! They have done so many things on this matter, so maybe this helps them to see things in a better way.
P: In 2003, the Anna Maria Foundation was created, here in Greece, in Athens. Its target is to offer help to people and area that suffer from natural disasters. Its work is going to continue?
AM: It is in process, we currently do research to see where we're going to from where we are now, because the needs in Greece have been changed.
P: It's more humanitarian.
AM: It is more humanitarian, as I said there are many difficulties, but we are thinking to go to the provinvial Greece, where there are associations that help people and they have started as very small teams of people...
P: To contribute to their work.
AM: They do everything they can, in privincial Greece, in small towns. They give so many things, and we are thinking to help them in a way. There are many big organisations that they do very nice things. But there are the small ones also, every day they do something but there aren't easily seen. They're not heard but one has to help them. And I think that now there are even more than before.
P: There are other things you wanted to do as queen but you didn't? Or other things that are on your mind now?
AM: There are many! I cannot think exactly but I'm always thinking about the children, who deal with difficulties or mental health issues or physical issues. The youth is also very important, young people are the future and we have to help them, in some way. And there the elderly. One tends to forget about the elderly people. Now that I am close to this stage, I'm thinking even more about them.
P: When you're all alone, talking to yourself, is there something that really worries you, that causes you fear? Something not related to the past.
Am: I'm not thinking like this because I'm not thinking about the sad things, as long as I can. If something worries me? No, and I hope for my whole family to be safe, to be happy and we are very lucky because we are so close to each other. The siblings are very bonded, they do talk to each other regularly. When one of them has a problem, the others help. And they help us a lot. When one is very young, the mother helps. When one is grown up, the opposite happens. The same happened with my mother, when she was grown old. We helped her. And now, gradualy, I see this on our children.
P: No matter how bonded you are, no matter how much your husband has contributed to this, I know that women hold the families together (God, the sexism is SO strong).
AM: A family needs two people.
P: But I think that the woman does this.
AM: Not totally. Yes for some things, no for other things. I believe it's something for two people.
P: Have you visited my hometown, Thessaloniki?
AM: Yes, many times.
P: Do you like it?
AM: Yes, very.
P: Please, allow me, because I'm pregnant, as you can see, and I love tsoureki (a type of sweet bread) with chocolate...
AM: (Anne Marie wishes her "freedom", it's something we say here to a pregnant woman, I don't know there is something similar in other cuontries).
P: I bought a tsoureki and I was thinking that it could be something that you may enjoy with your tea or coffee, so please, allow me, since it's for my hometown, to gifted to you.
AM: Thank you very much. Does it have chocolate?
P: Of course with chocolate!
AM: It's my weakness!

P: If someone tells you that you have a chance to make a wish, not being anything to wish for anything else, never again, but this wish will come true, what would you wish?
AM: Firstly, it would have to be about my family. To be all well, but then, it's Greece. For this place. And for the greek people. And I don't say it because maybe I have or I don't have to but because I feel this way deep inside and now it's been almost 53 years that I have become a greek woman and maybe I don't speak (greek I assume she means) as much as I should, as good as I should but what I feel inside it's true. It's very clear and it's this way.
P: True.
AM: True.
P: Thank you very much!

Many, many thanks to castille for finding out this interview. I remember that we were commenting the trailer of the interview 2 years ago but I couldn't find the actual conversation. Again, thank you castille for bringing this video to us!
Apologies for any mistakes! I hope that despite the unsuccessful spelling, structure and vocabulary in some points of the text, that still this translation makes sense!

onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #962 on: June 19, 2019, 02:58:11 PM »

Observations on the interview:
1. One can easily tell that we, as greek society, are a conservative society. It shows in the ignorance and sexism of the presenter, Katerina Laspa.
2. Katerina Laspa doesn't know how to have interviews. She interrupted Anne Marie many times, and I don't mean the moments she helped her to find the right word, that I was annoyed and kind of embarassed.
3. Anne Marie only confirms how lovely person she must be. So kind, with good intentions, she naturally cares for people.
4. Of course, she is clearly family-orientated and it shows.
5. About her father locking Constantinos in the bathroom... God, I laughed so hard and I was surprised! I haven't heard the rumour before and when the presenter first mentioned I was expected from Anne Marie to deny it.
6. About the tsoureki, at the end of the interview, they are talking about Terkenlis pattisserie. It's known for the tsoureki (with chocolate, with chestnut and other marmelades etc), it started from Thessaloniki but now there are Terkenlis stores in Athens, as well. I have tasted and didn't like it at all but that's personal taste and, to be honest, it's kind of tradition to buy tsoureki from this pattisserie when someone is in Thessaloniki. If you ever visited the town, give it a try!
7. Very nice interview generally, it was very interesting to listen to Anne Marie talking about herself because all of her life she puts her family first and now she was in the centre of attention.
8. She speaks greek fluently. She may made some minor mistakes and she may be concern about finding the proper words but her vocabulary was an average greek vocabulary. She has accent but not too harsh, it's not hard at all for a greek speaker to understand what she says.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 03:32:24 PM by onar » Logged

cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #963 on: June 21, 2019, 04:35:59 PM »

Onar- thanks for the translations! I really enjoyed this.
I feel silly I never realized who we sisters were Blush
 Star
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #964 on: June 21, 2019, 05:48:27 PM »

Star
I'm so glad you enjoyed it!
Her sisters is Margrethe, the current queen of Denmark, and Benedikte, the middle sister.

anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #965 on: June 21, 2019, 06:00:07 PM »

Observations on the interview:
1. One can easily tell that we, as greek society, are a conservative society. It shows in the ignorance and sexism of the presenter, Katerina Laspa.
2. Katerina Laspa doesn't know how to have interviews. She interrupted Anne Marie many times, and I don't mean the moments she helped her to find the right word, that I was annoyed and kind of embarassed.
3. Anne Marie only confirms how lovely person she must be. So kind, with good intentions, she naturally cares for people.
4. Of course, she is clearly family-orientated and it shows.
5. About her father locking Constantinos in the bathroom... God, I laughed so hard and I was surprised! I haven't heard the rumour before and when the presenter first mentioned I was expected from Anne Marie to deny it.
6. About the tsoureki, at the end of the interview, they are talking about Terkenlis pattisserie. It's known for the tsoureki (with chocolate, with chestnut and other marmelades etc), it started from Thessaloniki but now there are Terkenlis stores in Athens, as well. I have tasted and didn't like it at all but that's personal taste and, to be honest, it's kind of tradition to buy tsoureki from this pattisserie when someone is in Thessaloniki. If you ever visited the town, give it a try!
7. Very nice interview generally, it was very interesting to listen to Anne Marie talking about herself because all of her life she puts her family first and now she was in the centre of attention.
8. She speaks greek fluently. She may made some minor mistakes and she may be concern about finding the proper words but her vocabulary was an average greek vocabulary. She has accent but not too harsh, it's not hard at all for a greek speaker to understand what she says.

Star Onar!
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #966 on: June 21, 2019, 07:09:58 PM »

Star
Her sisters is Margrethe, the current queen of Denmark, and Benedikte, the middle sister.
I know now  Smiley but I didnít until I read the article. I guess because the Greeks donít interest me much and sheís not in Denmark very much. But the sisters look so sweet together in pics.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #967 on: June 21, 2019, 07:12:02 PM »

Star
Lord G°n

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #968 on: June 22, 2019, 11:14:41 AM »

Star Onar 
Thanks so much for the translation.
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #969 on: June 22, 2019, 11:30:54 AM »

Star
I know now  Smiley but I didnít until I read the article. I guess because the Greeks donít interest me much and sheís not in Denmark very much. But the sisters look so sweet together in pics.
She seems she visits o Denmark only in major family events.

esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #970 on: June 23, 2019, 05:19:15 PM »

Onar, many stars ( wish I could give more!)). Star  you did a brilliant job!,
fruela

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #971 on: June 26, 2019, 11:40:44 PM »

Star  Onar, Thanks a lot for the translation. Great job!  She looks and sounds really nice and warm .I watched an interview with Alexia for a local TV in Spanish and  I enjoyed it very much.  Alexia speaks excellent Spanish,no foreign accent, and enjoys her family life in the Canary Islands. She seems to be strong, sensible, and clever. Clear-minded and focused.
periwinkle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #972 on: June 28, 2019, 01:34:03 AM »

I saw this recently. It is the high school graduation of Achilleas. He went to the Dwight School in New York it seems to be a sort of international school that gives out the International baccalaureate lots of children of diplomats. He walks the stage at 1 hour and 8 minutes. I would not have guessed his name is pronounced like that but they did not use the title of prince. He did not get tons of applause. His pants seem too short I know that's kind of the style but it looks weird under the robe. I would have thought his parents would send those kids to upper class boarding schools like Choate but they probably aren't the brightest bulbs or he is not going to pretend to go to college and just do whatever rich heirs do drink too much on yachts or whatever. https://www.youtube.com/w...Jqx0&feature=youtu.be
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #973 on: June 28, 2019, 09:28:21 AM »

I saw this recently. It is the high school graduation of Achilleas. He went to the Dwight School in New York it seems to be a sort of international school that gives out the International baccalaureate lots of children of diplomats. He walks the stage at 1 hour and 8 minutes. I would not have guessed his name is pronounced like that but they did not use the title of prince. He did not get tons of applause. His pants seem too short I know that's kind of the style but it looks weird under the robe. I would have thought his parents would send those kids to upper class boarding schools like Choate but they probably aren't the brightest bulbs or he is not going to pretend to go to college and just do whatever rich heirs do drink too much on yachts or whatever. https://www.youtube.com/w...Jqx0&feature=youtu.be
I'm really sorry to say this but his looks like that classmate who never ever cared enough to participate in any lessons, who accidentally found themselves in a classroom and they just happy to get done with the whole school thing. Not everyone has to get a uni degree but they can, at least, to show some interest and make good use of the knowledge they gain during highschool. He will be fine, financially, for the rest of his life but I hope that will motivate him to do more things, better things than just exist and spend his family's money.

Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #974 on: July 01, 2019, 04:53:03 PM »

Valentino held a celebratory dinner in France for M-C... She wore Erdem  Laugh bounce

Nerves

Currently visualizing my highest self
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 69   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: