Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 68   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greek Royal News  (Read 256564 times)
shastadaisy

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #915 on: March 12, 2019, 06:56:18 PM »

Did anyone else think of the Greek royals when hearing this news of parents paying mega bucks for their kidís admission to elite universities? They havenít been named at all though, but I think MC and Alex are chummy with Lori Loughlin, who is charged.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2...heating-scheme/index.html

Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #916 on: March 12, 2019, 09:16:39 PM »

I was just reading about Felicity Huffman's involvement about 30 minutes ago. I wouldn't be surprised if MO's admission was a part of this.

anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #917 on: March 12, 2019, 11:04:20 PM »

I was just reading about Felicity Huffman's involvement about 30 minutes ago. I wouldn't be surprised if MO's admission was a part of this.

I believe that this has been going on forever. Even our idiot in chief somehow got into Wharton.
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #918 on: March 13, 2019, 12:09:59 AM »

I believe that this has been going on forever. Even our idiot in chief somehow got into Wharton.

To be sure; it's been happening forever, and will likely stay that way (just my native cynicism talking, mind you). Their misfortune was that they were caught. Good on the FBI, because you know they probably p.o.'ed a lot of very influential people.

Watch the net spread and involve probably more than MO.

anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #919 on: March 13, 2019, 12:16:22 AM »

To be sure; it's been happening forever, and will likely stay that way (just my native cynicism talking, mind you). Their misfortune was that they were caught. Good on the FBI, because you know they probably p.o.'ed a lot of very influential people.

Well, wouldn’t that be something if it did?  And I agree that it won’t stop, they’ll just be more discrete.  For a while.

In MO’s case, you would think she wouldn’t need anything more than a new library or two. Grandfather Miller could throw in. 
shastadaisy

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #920 on: March 13, 2019, 01:20:43 AM »

Yes, and Tino is currently at Georgetown, which always seemed a stretch.
Princess MS

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #921 on: March 13, 2019, 03:09:19 AM »

People who are connected or rich - or both - have been getting their kids into good schools forever - entry requirements can be "flexible"  Same as memberships to clubs, job opportunities etc. But I presume that if the kids can't get a pass mark then they don't graduate ? Many schools will accept "fee paying" students who would not otherwise qualify - I am sure that is how several Royals get a university education - thinking of Lux for instance. And I have to wonder about some of the Royals who attended Sandhurst . . . 
Celia

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #922 on: March 13, 2019, 10:35:15 AM »

Tino's a legacy at Georgetown.  That connection really matters at private schools.  And the US idiot-in-chief only went to Penn as an undergrad, not grad.  BA in business administration, not MBA from Wharton, transferring in from another school.  It's sometimes much easier to transfer in to a top school than to get in as a freshman.
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #923 on: March 13, 2019, 10:38:38 AM »

I totally agree with the bold part. The news is that they were caught, but it's no surprise that ridiculously rich people pay tones of money to Ivy League Unis for their kids.

Princess MS

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #924 on: March 13, 2019, 11:35:31 AM »

I totally agree with the bold part. The news is that they were caught, but it's no surprise that ridiculously rich people pay tones of money to Ivy League Unis for their kids.

They are all equally guilty- so some rich people have more money or connections than other not so rich ? So those that can't compete complain ... good luck - that is life
genegal43

Large Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #925 on: March 13, 2019, 05:36:03 PM »

Did anyone else think of the Greek royals when hearing this news of parents paying mega bucks for their kidís admission to elite universities? They havenít been named at all though, but I think MC and Alex are chummy with Lori Loughlin, who is charged.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2...heating-scheme/index.html

Star  Yup.  It would surprise me to hear if they were involved...

Ohh please, let the FBI p.o. a lot of people, they need to get knocked off their pedestals...  They need to be reminded that they're no better than the rest of us!

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #926 on: April 18, 2019, 03:56:54 PM »

Photos from the annual memorial service in honour of King Pavlos and Queen Frederika

Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #927 on: April 18, 2019, 04:03:22 PM »

Konstantin looks very frail!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #928 on: April 18, 2019, 04:16:43 PM »

Konstantin looks very frail!

Indeed. If I remember it correct there were already some rumors about his (frail) health.

I thought he was older, but he is 78 years old (b. 2 June 1940). Born the same year as his oldest sister-in-law Margrethe.

In comparison:
Margrethe (b. 16 April 1940)
Henrik (b. 11 June 1934 - d. 13 February 2018)

Benedikte (b. 29 April 1944)
Richard (b. 29 October 1934 - d. 13 March 2017)

Anne-Marie (b. 30 August 1946)
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #929 on: April 18, 2019, 04:25:28 PM »

Looks like his legs fail him and he is very pale.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 68   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: