Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 69   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greek Royal News  (Read 267215 times)
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #930 on: April 18, 2019, 05:01:34 PM »

He's definitely not well.

Anne-Marie looks lovely as always.

Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #931 on: April 18, 2019, 05:19:47 PM »

I doubt that he can walk his daughter down the aisle. When is she getting married?
Lord Gˇn

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #932 on: April 18, 2019, 06:00:47 PM »

Looks like his legs fail him and he is very pale.
Yes. Very old and weak.
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #933 on: April 18, 2019, 09:06:12 PM »

Konstantin looks very frail!

Indeed. If I remember it correct there were already some rumors about his (frail) health.

I thought he was older, but he is 78 years old (b. 2 June 1940). Born the same year as his oldest sister-in-law Margrethe.

In comparison:
Margrethe (b. 16 April 1940)
Henrik (b. 11 June 1934 - d. 13 February 2018)

Benedikte (b. 29 April 1944)
Richard (b. 29 October 1934 - d. 13 March 2017)

Anne-Marie (b. 30 August 1946)

Concerning the comparison with Margarethe: Men usually age sooner than women.

But comparing him to Harald of Norway, who is a few years older, Konstantin looks more than just old. Though Harald is by dar also not the healthiest looking person.
jessmie

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #934 on: April 18, 2019, 10:08:26 PM »

Konstantin looks very frail!

Indeed. If I remember it correct there were already some rumors about his (frail) health.

I thought he was older, but he is 78 years old (b. 2 June 1940). Born the same year as his oldest sister-in-law Margrethe.

In comparison:
Margrethe (b. 16 April 1940)
Henrik (b. 11 June 1934 - d. 13 February 2018)

Benedikte (b. 29 April 1944)
Richard (b. 29 October 1934 - d. 13 March 2017)

Anne-Marie (b. 30 August 1946)

Concerning the comparison with Margarethe: Men usually age sooner than women.

But comparing him to Harald of Norway, who is a few years older, Konstantin looks more than just old. Though Harald is by dar also not the healthiest looking person.

Both Harald and Sonja, and Constantine's sister, Sofia, look like they could run a marathon compared to Constantine! I don't really know if he had any significant health problems, e.g. heart problems or cancer, that made his health deteriorate so fast, or maybe it's just genes.
fruela

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #935 on: May 04, 2019, 10:38:14 PM »

Anne Marie looked very nice today. As usual. At least her eldest made an effort today. He didn't attend the ceremony at Pavlos and Frederica' s burial place a few days ago. Well, I guess he cannot see a royal future in Greece,so he gets on with life.
jessmie

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #936 on: May 05, 2019, 05:00:43 PM »

Anne Marie looked very nice today. As usual. At least her eldest made an effort today. He didn't attend the ceremony at Pavlos and Frederica' s burial place a few days ago. Well, I guess he cannot see a royal future in Greece,so he gets on with life.

If I am honest he’s be foolish to expect a royal future in Greece. I am Greek and while there are still many royalists among the population there’s absolutely no appetite to have a monarchy and hasn’t been any appetite since the early 80s.

This has probably been easier to accept for Pavlos than if has been for his father, but he’s done quite well for himself marrying the right woman and getting the right connections. The only future for him in Greece would be to return and live there like Nikolaos, or maybe run for elected office. There have been some rumours that one of the two brothers might be interested in running for MP with the centre-right party called New Democracy.
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #937 on: May 05, 2019, 05:17:56 PM »

If I am honest he’s be foolish to expect a royal future in Greece. I am Greek and while there are still many royalists among the population there’s absolutely no appetite to have a monarchy and hasn’t been any appetite since the early 80s.

This has probably been easier to accept for Pavlos than if has been for his father, but he’s done quite well for himself marrying the right woman and getting the right connections. The only future for him in Greece would be to return and live there like Nikolaos, or maybe run for elected office. There have been some rumours that one of the two brothers might be interested in running for MP with the centre-right party called New Democracy.

Would you imagine??? That could become huge scandal!!!!
I remember the rumours but now this party has taken a road way too right, so I believe that ex-royal family wouldn't like to associate themselves with facists. At least, they won't if they're smart.
They are all very far from the greek reality.

jessmie

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #938 on: May 05, 2019, 07:11:06 PM »

I remember the rumours but now this party has taken a road way too right, so I believe that ex-royal family wouldn't like to associate themselves with facists. At least, they won't if they're smart.

I don’t quite agree that the party has gone to further to the right, but I realise that depends on every person’s political views. Fascists is a very strong term for New Democracy. There are just too many ideologies within the party at the moment from neoliberal to right wing.

In any case, i am not sure either Pavlos or Nikolaos would be interested and neither the party itself. And why would they? They’d have to open themselves up to much higher media and political scrutiny, and like you said they are so far from Greek reality. They could be more of a liability to the party too, than an asset.

onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #939 on: May 05, 2019, 10:49:32 PM »

I don’t quite agree that the party has gone to further to the right, but I realise that depends on every person’s political views. Fascists is a very strong term for New Democracy. There are just too many ideologies within the party at the moment from neoliberal to right wing.

In any case, i am not sure either Pavlos or Nikolaos would be interested and neither the party itself. And why would they? They’d have to open themselves up to much higher media and political scrutiny, and like you said they are so far from Greek reality. They could be more of a liability to the party too, than an asset.

You put it way better than I did, such an accurate description of the current situation. Thank you  Smiley

I think Nik is absolutely fine in the way he lives his life, he does what he likes, his wife does what she likes, latele she has stop promote greek initiatives and organisations but that's ok because she wasn't oblige to. They have a peacefull life, mostly away from the press.
As for Pavlos, I cannot understand how he spends his days, seemingly doing absolutely nothing. It's very fun though that on national elections, his wife posts pics in insta of hims watching the exit polls... (seriously!) and some years back he had expressed an opinion about the crisis on a tv channel. His seems... non existant. He looks more like an accessory to his wife (mostly) and to his parents. Maybe I'm too harsh on him, I hope he's happy with his life but maybe, for a sort period of time, maybe he looked for something more, a more central role her in Greece... I don't know.

jessmie

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #940 on: May 05, 2019, 11:34:08 PM »

You put it way better than I did, such an accurate description of the current situation. Thank you  Smiley

I think Nik is absolutely fine in the way he lives his life, he does what he likes, his wife does what she likes, latele she has stop promote greek initiatives and organisations but that's ok because she wasn't oblige to. They have a peacefull life, mostly away from the press.
As for Pavlos, I cannot understand how he spends his days, seemingly doing absolutely nothing. It's very fun though that on national elections, his wife posts pics in insta of hims watching the exit polls... (seriously!) and some years back he had expressed an opinion about the crisis on a tv channel. His seems... non existant. He looks more like an accessory to his wife (mostly) and to his parents. Maybe I'm too harsh on him, I hope he's happy with his life but maybe, for a sort period of time, maybe he looked for something more, a more central role her in Greece... I don't know.

Exactly! Nik and Tatiana seems very happy and they can get involved with whatever initiatives and organisations they wish now.

I don’t know what Pavlos is actually doing for a job, maybe business consultant or something? He seems really happy with his life, and so do his wife and children. If he were to run for a role, he’d open a can of worms, and he’d disrupt his life for nothing. They’d be accused of living far from reality, which is of course true, nepotism, they’d unpick the years leading up to the coup d’etat against his father etc. It makes no sense to run for office.
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #941 on: May 06, 2019, 12:32:53 AM »

Exactly! Nik and Tatiana seems very happy and they can get involved with whatever initiatives and organisations they wish now.

I don’t know what Pavlos is actually doing for a job, maybe business consultant or something? He seems really happy with his life, and so do his wife and children. If he were to run for a role, he’d open a can of worms, and he’d disrupt his life for nothing. They’d be accused of living far from reality, which is of course true, nepotism, they’d unpick the years leading up to the coup d’etat against his father etc. It makes no sense to run for office.
I agree!

periwinkle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #942 on: May 07, 2019, 02:34:24 AM »

Pavlos and MC don't seem like the smartest people which is fine since they're rich and just do what they want. I don't have strong positive or negative feelings about them they have a rich lifestyle and live like the .01% jet setters. I feel badly for Constantine for having ill health. He looks like his mind is still sharp and engaged it is just his body letting him down. That can't be easy. Thank goodness for MC's money or the rich Greeks who are supporting him so that Anne Marie doesn't have to do all the heavy lifting literally in this case. I met a coworker of my husband's last year and we have since become friends and talked about Greece and for some reason one time he said there was a king so I played dumb like oh is he still alive and the friend said yes he is getting old but is living in Greece again. He said that no one in Greece except some old people want the monarchy but that Constantine was cheated and treated extra harshly and it was unnecessary. I thought that was interesting and a very unemotional and balanced point of view. Perhaps now that he is old people are relaxed in their opinions. He was a king for a little while it sounds like he was young and naive and maybe not very political or strategic as a personality but very nice and gracious as a person?
castille

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #943 on: June 02, 2019, 07:11:43 PM »

Here is an interview Anne Marie gave in Greek. Could someone translate? How good us her greek?

https://www.youtube.com/w...aogVyLc&feature=share

onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #944 on: June 03, 2019, 02:36:03 PM »

Here is an interview Anne Marie gave in Greek. Could someone translate? How good us her greek?

https://www.youtube.com/w...aogVyLc&feature=share
I'll translate it as soon as I can.
I let it play for 2 minutes, she speeks greek very well. She has a slight accent but not very harsh. I remember an older statement (in a public event, where reporters asked her about Greece) and her accent was pretty harsh but now there is improvement - this interview is from 2017.

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 69   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: