Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Liechtenstein  (Read 49786 times)
shoshanah

Ginormous Member

New Zealand New Zealand

getting ready for a date with Shosh

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2011, 10:36:55 PM »

Did not know that - then the dictator can do as he pleases  Curtsey

Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2011, 05:27:42 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...Politics_of_Liechtenstein

Paddy1311

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2011, 05:48:46 PM »

Thanks,  Star   Liechtenstein is not exactly a dictoraship.  Its not ruled by an absolute monarch.  However, the way the unelected monarch wields so much political power does not make it a democracy in my eyes.
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2011, 05:49:42 PM »

You're welcome    Star

Paddy1311

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2011, 06:19:59 PM »

As long HE doesnīt have an uterus itīs easy to talk for him. This control of womens wombs makes me angry.  

This SO much. It makes me so angry when I hear men talking about women not having the right to have an abortion.

I completely agree.  It is a personal decision, and this asshat needs to shut up with his ignorant rhetoric.  I can't believe that in 2011, Liechtenstein would have the nerve to imprison someone who gets an abortion whether in or (and this is just bat shit crazy, IMO) OUTSIDE of the country.  

But you know, they're all good with letting criminals hide their money in their country.  So, they're all ethical and stuff Roll Eyes Ranting

I agree, that in this day an age, the idea of imprisoning someone who gets an abortion is wrong. He sounds like a total misogynist.

However, in practice I doubt that any woman would or could get convicted and go to prison for getting an abortion (outside the country).  It would not be hard for a woman from Liechtenstein, to obatin an abortion in either Switzerland or Austria. Then they would have the right of patient confidentalty and privacy in those countries. The authorties in Liechstenstein would not be informed of this.  
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 06:49:35 PM by Paddy1311 » Logged
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2011, 09:19:36 PM »

Which Prince of Liechtenstein is it?  Thinking

CindyM

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2011, 10:21:14 PM »

Which Prince of Liechtenstein is it?  Thinking

http://i.imgur.com/OKLan.jpg

It looks like Prince Charles of Liechtenstein http://www.gettyimages.co...il/3279293/Hulton-Archive
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: September 27, 2011, 08:52:36 PM »

Thanks  Beer  Star
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2012, 05:58:25 PM »

Well, well, well...look who's throwing a little hissy fit like a toddler again:

http://royalnewsblog.com/...nstein-threatens-to-quit/

What a douchebag.  "If I can't act like a dictator, then I quit!" Roll Eyes  "Adios, dickhead" is what I would say if I had a vote in this referendum.  The more I read about this guy, the more I can't stand him.  He was the same idiot who wanted women who sought abortions outside of Liech to face criminal penalties.  Such Christian compassion. Thumb down  This guy is scum IMO.
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2012, 06:20:44 PM »

So they say if the people are pro constitutional amendment, they want to quit? Feel free to go, you wouldnīt do it anyway 
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2012, 07:02:11 PM »

I hope this amendment passes. Thumb up  I'd love to see what he does.  This guy is like a big whiny baby. Thumb down 
Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2012, 07:06:22 PM »

The Prince is entitled to his opinion and he is entitled to quit.
If the people of Liechtenstein vote to be rid of the Royal Veto and the Royal Family feel that they cannot undertake their duties without that long held power of Veto then they have every right to quit. I don't see why the people would be upset about the Royal Family choosing to quit.

As for the abortion issue - I would think that, in such a small country which performs few abortions, the sensible woman would travel outside to a hospital with much larger facilities and experience. And of course would exercise very sound judgement on using contraceptives in the first place - or are they banned as well??  Shocked  I think that the Prince should be allowed an opinion on the abortion issue the same as every person is allowed a view on everything.  
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: April 29, 2012, 09:01:22 PM »

The Prince is entitled to his opinion and he is entitled to quit.
If the people of Liechtenstein vote to be rid of the Royal Veto and the Royal Family feel that they cannot undertake their duties without that long held power of Veto then they have every right to quit. I don't see why the people would be upset about the Royal Family choosing to quit.

As for the abortion issue - I would think that, in such a small country which performs few abortions, the sensible woman would travel outside to a hospital with much larger facilities and experience. And of course would exercise very sound judgement on using contraceptives in the first place - or are they banned as well??  Shocked  I think that the Prince should be allowed an opinion on the abortion issue the same as every person is allowed a view on everything.  

He is absolutely entitled to his opinions, but he is not entitled to lock up women who've made a decision regarding their reproductive health.  No way.  Not in 2012. No  This was something that he wanted to pass in Liechtenstein, and it goes way beyond expressing his opinion. It crosses a major line and shows no regard for women.

If he wants to quit, that's his right; I just think he sounds like a big baby when he says he'll quit if his power gets reduced.  This family has threatened this before, and it was also during a time when someone proposed a law that takes away some of their power.  It shows that he doesn't care about the people and is only in it for the power. 

But hey...I'm not a Liechtensteiner, and I don't have a vote.  If he wants to rule his people with an iron fist, then I guess that's his business Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  I just think he needs to show some class and have faith in his subjects. 
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: April 30, 2012, 04:36:42 PM »

both of them get majorly on my nerves  

- The royal family is not willing to assume its political responsibility, unless the Prince has the necessary tools at its disposal, Prince Alois said in a speech earlier this year.

- But if people are no longer open to it, like the royal family to maintain its political responsibility and will withdraw completely from political life, he continued.

they shouldn't have any political powers in THE FIRST PLACE! idiots  Ranting

Also political scientist Wilfried Marxer have an idea of ​​the circumstances in Liechtenstein.
- People are afraid of losing their identity and their quality of life, if the monarchy disappeared, he says. (the country, located between Switzerland and Austria, had monarchy for over 200 years.)

SRSLY?

laboheme

Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2012, 07:00:55 PM »

What Princely duties? Come on.

At least I hear about the other royal families going out and doing things.  The only time I ever hear about Liechtenstein is on their National Day when the subjects are allowed to come out and fawn over their overlords!

Whatever will they do, then? How will they spend their days and nights? What happens when the money runs out?Huh??

I really hope that the people of Liechtenstein call his bluff.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: