Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thurn und Taxis  (Read 134070 times)
violetroses

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: September 25, 2014, 03:51:34 PM »

I think Maria might just prefer a drifferent drink (doesnt mean shes pregnant).

“'I doubt there are any subtleties of combat I can advise you on ma'am” Ross Poldark
violetroses

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: September 25, 2014, 03:55:41 PM »

Xenia - well I have to say im surprised shes there. There are two ways of looking at it.

[cue rant]

POSITIVE OUTLOOK
In truth Xenia and her sisters may have a genuine friendship with Maria & Elisabeth as they attended the wedding of one of Xenia's sisters a few years ago (Albert went too). From that point of view Xenia may have been there because Maria invited her. Also Xenia may be there as the happy girlfriend of someone else. Her expensive dress may have been hired from a dress shop or lent by her a wealthy friend or maybe she paid full price for it.

NEGATIVE OUTLOOK
Xenia is still & always was Alberts girlfriend or has recently become so again. Or she has come to the wedding with the hope of ensnaring him again. Maybe she is a "Kept" girlfriend and Albert bought her dress- who knows?

For me I cant help but think the worse. From the moment I first read about her and saw photographs of them together I had the most awful feeling that she was a "waity"/"golddigger". Camilla and Kate held on for a long time & triumphed because they were never out of the line of sight- it worries me that Xenia should surface after so long.

The problem is that although hes intelligent academically and competitive on the race track Albert is essentially a rather needy person whos desire to be loved and have a happy family around him has meant indulging his womenfolk.

Despite the fact that hes already spent years of pursuing his own interests he is still letting Gloria continue to run most of his property (because she enjoys the power). There is no doubt that Gloria's management is a credit to the family, she might even have a better head for buisness than Albert - the truth of the matter is that Albert has a moral duty to focus on the family buisness and stop the impression that Gloria is the only one who counts.

Nothing would be better in my opinion than for Albert to grow up, become the public face of St Emmeram & the TNT family, get married, have children and rebrand Gloria into a sort of "Queen Mother" figure the devoted grandmother of Albert, Maria & Elisabeth's children.

Is Albert so desperate for love that he would go for Xenia? Xenia obviously must know what buttons to press (or chest to stroke in this case) and im sure she has no intention of encouraging Albert to take control from gloria- as long as Albert still has a black card im sure Xenia will remain utterly happy.

A faithful, thrifty & sweet natured wife , a woman who will be able to take over the consort role from Gloria but always respect her mother-in-law is what is needed. Xenia is NOT that woman she has too much baggage (see my post on page 22 about Xenia) and there is imo something not honest about her.

I would not say these things if I ever got the feeling that she loved him. Hugo marrying Maria meant he is able to share her comfortable inheritance and social connections (in the art world to be Gloria TNTs son-in-law can only open doors), but I dont think he is a gold digger becuase every photograph shows he adores her.

Gloria may rose tint her life with her 'Goldie' & was obviously dazzled by his wealth but she didnt marry for money- Gloria married because he was (to her) exciting, interesting & a sort older male figure who remoulded an ordinary girl into a celebrity: "Princess TNT jet set socialite" (and Gloria loved him for it). I seriously doubt Xenia feels the same excitement about Albert that Gloria felt for Johannes or that Xenia herself felt for Lukas Auersperg.

“'I doubt there are any subtleties of combat I can advise you on ma'am” Ross Poldark
violetroses

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: December 31, 2014, 08:12:24 PM »

Inside Maria & Hugo's Studios.

Hugo's Studio & Interview
http://artitious.com/artistsstudio/hugo-wilson

Maria's Studio & Interview
http://artitious.com/arti...dio/maria-thurn-und-taxis

violetroses

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: March 09, 2015, 05:14:03 PM »

Somebody has inherited her mother's talent for creating bad press  Confused

http://www.dailymail.co.u...orners.html#ixzz3Tpe85Tar

I dont see how Elisabeth could consider this witty Angry. It seems in very poor taste to me. Nono Nono Rather sad because she always struck me as a compassionate person.

I don't know whats worse - photographing a vunerable person like that or the silly heading that she put with it. She is 32/33 not 16 and should know better imo.

The richer you are the more careful you should be to think and behave with respect to others, their opinons and not drag your family name through the mud. The irony is that in Regensburg the family have a soup kitchen in an effort to be good Christians and yet to earn real acceptance in the shallow world/circles in which she moves Elisabeth acts like Marie Antoinette "let them read vogue".

violetroses

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: March 09, 2015, 05:55:38 PM »

Maryse Dumas's response

http://www.dailymail.co.u...magazine-sparks-fury.html

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: March 09, 2015, 06:51:11 PM »

I'm sorry, but what a bitch.  How completely unfunny and inappropriate.  This is so wrong. Thumb down
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: March 09, 2015, 06:55:27 PM »

This would be a good opportunity for this out-of-touch with humanity princess to learn more about homelessness.  She should spend time actually talking to these people and perhaps even volunteering with programs that help the homeless instead of gawking at them and treating them like freaks.
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: March 09, 2015, 06:57:05 PM »

seems she is more similar to her mother than people thought. Her mother is famous for disgusting, racist remarks, so no surprise that the daughter found this funny. I must say, I'm glad we are a republic now, such "princesses" are the best example why monarchy and nobility are outdated
Celia

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: March 09, 2015, 07:28:29 PM »

So only those who can afford haute couture should read the magazines?  I've always loved reading Vogue and others for the dreaming and ooh-ing and ah-ing.  I can barely afford used "luxury" labels on eBay.  I guess I should stop reading these magazines, then.
violetroses

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: March 09, 2015, 07:42:21 PM »

Went back over my posts because I faintly remembered some connection between her and homeless people before.

Apparently she is a patron for a housing & homeless shelter???  Crazy Crazy Crazy

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: March 09, 2015, 10:34:02 PM »

She needs to pay a visit to that shelter and get some education.  What a joke that someone like her would be their patron. 
Flanagan

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: March 10, 2015, 02:49:30 AM »

I'm sorry, but what a bitch.  How completely unfunny and inappropriate.  This is so wrong. Thumb down

It's vile.  It looks like that woman in the picture has Vogue in her hands?  If so, then it was given to her for the picture and that is just beyond the pale  Thumb down
violetroses

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: March 10, 2015, 07:27:58 PM »

No doubt working for Vogue has put her in a bubble.

From the start being a Von Thurn Und Taxis would have put her in a bubble but any efforts by friends and family to stop her from having a rich girl's careless flippancy was eroded when she joined Vogue.

I always thought she wrote better when she was with Finch's Quarterly and lived (by her standards) a quieter life. At Finch's Quarterly she wrote from the heart about her family & her life in London and came across well. In contrast the vogue articles seem to have attracted a lot of criticism for their tendency to be just articles of name dropping, label dropping and globetrotting.

I was always amazed that she had a public twitter & instagram but being a member of the Vogue crowd obviously meant selling herself to the world. All her life she must have seen Gloria dip in and out the New York/Paris social scene, friends with Warhol, Bianca Jagger and Andre Talley etc - and want that sort of recognition as a fashion icon/celebrity for herself- a piece of that life.
I think deep down she is just as good hearted as her brother and sister but she has been weaker than them in her lifestyle choices. Maria paints to please herself-Elisabeth writes to please Vogue. Albert spends about 8 weekends a year racing - Elisabeth probably spends only about 8 weekends a year not living in pursuit of frivolity. The people who she mixes with love her when she is outrageous, wildly dressed and wearing fur/fox hunting - does she need the Harry Brants of this world? Does she need to be always planning the next outfit?
She never seems to stay in place more than a week at a time (perhaps there is some income tax advantage to this?). She has no husband or children to come home to (nor does it look at the moment like she ever will). She spends a great deal of money (even after freebies) on her image. If she wishes to be a real writer then she needs to quit Vogue and write like she did in the Finch Quarterly days.

Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: April 29, 2015, 01:24:53 PM »

Maria Theresia is pregnant. Gloria told on german TV.

http://www.bunte.de/deuts...ist-schwanger-120442.html
violetroses

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: April 29, 2015, 07:39:04 PM »

Maria Theresia is pregnant. Gloria told on german TV.

http://www.bunte.de/deuts...ist-schwanger-120442.html

Good news  Champagne
It probably will be a wedding anniversary baby as they wouldnt have announced this unless the safe mark of 12 weeks had passed.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: