Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which wedding will be dubbed THE wedding of 2011?  (Read 14734 times)
Lolly

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2010, 12:02:44 AM »

Well, W&K will be dubbed THE wedding, but I only plan on watching Charlene because I expect something to go wrong during that one (which would make it my choice of THE wedding of 2011, but I think we have differing definitions here). Clown
thtregoddess11

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2010, 10:30:11 AM »

Think about it though:
The world has waited 53 years (or by the time its actually done with Whistle) for Prince Albert to marry.
The world's waited for Prince William to marry for a mere 8 years of on-and-off with Kate. Even the Pope is doubting they'll get married in 2011....if at all.
Sure William and Kate will get more international attention, but in reality....who's will it be? We'll have to wait and see, I guess.

~Marcia<br />\"Theatre is life, Film is art, television is furniture.\"~Unknown
Odette
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2010, 12:25:33 AM »

IMO there isn't any doubt as to which wedding will be call THE wedding of 2011. 

WillKate are younger, better known, better looking (joke), and more interesting than Albert and Charlene.  Monaco, much to the dismay of many, doesn't have the chaché it did when Princess Grace was alive. 

Really a 50+ something fat, bald guy and his blow up doll bride don't even hold the candle of dignity compared to the Brits.

Sorry if it sounds harsh, but that just my opinion.
missymum

Small Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2010, 04:49:29 AM »

/Of COURSE it's Charlene and Albert, what are you people on?? Like the rest pf Monaco, you're all just
jealous of Queen Charlene! J-E-A-L-O-U-S!!!!!!!/ quote/

Guilty as charged!  Blush

Well we all know that Kate is just outrageously jealous of whatshername in Monaco, and that is why she is scheduling her wedding before whatshername's........ Laugh bounce
However, as Odette has said, I think the Monaco wedding will be the more interesting one for us here (except maybe for the appearance of the Icon at Kate & Will's wedding). Oh I shall be as dispappointed as Mish if she gets excluded.  Laughing
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2010, 10:29:50 AM »

No it honestly is no contest, really..
I am even going a bit further and predict that in about 25 years most people will remember the british royal wedding and have no clear memory of Manfred, WaxMax and Le Flipper...
Compare it to Diana and Charles, most people do remember that wedding or at least have heard of it. How many however remember the swedish wedding only 5 years earlier?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
irishthanhy

Medium Member

I think I'll need a stiff drink.

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2010, 02:41:38 PM »

No it honestly is no contest, really..
I am even going a bit further and predict that in about 25 years most people will remember the british royal wedding and have no clear memory of Manfred, WaxMax and Le Flipper...
Compare it to Diana and Charles, most people do remember that wedding or at least have heard of it. How many however remember the swedish wedding only 5 years earlier?

I totally agree.  At least in the US people only sort of know that other royal families even exist.  Take, for instance, Victoria's wedding.  In the US the headlines on gossip rags were all about Will and Kate's engagement (and this was before it happened) and it was maybe mentioned once or twice on news stations.  The announcement of Will and Kate's engagement was analyzed on The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer (CNN).  I think that unless the royals are in your country, near your country, or are marrying someone from your country you won't really hear about their weddings, etc.

I think the most notable thing about CG/Silvia's wedding may be the fact that the pre-wedding concert was the premier performance of ABBA's Dancing Queen.

-Le Phuong Thanh
*All opinions expressed above are mine and are subject to human error.*
*Never underestimate my ability to turn anything into a graphic.*

You've probably never heard of it.
tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2010, 09:46:15 PM »

Well of course a ROYAL wedding will be the event of the year, All other royals house's are nearly connected to the house of Windsor.
The Princely wedding of a reigning prince of a glorified rock, with a trashy single, white female, false boobs, and manly shoulder's trying to look like a transvestite Princess Grace, really their trying to garner excuse's at the minute to avoid Wink
Sugar-free
Banned
Small Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2010, 02:38:36 PM »

It has to be Kate and William.  Albert and what's-her-name won't even get a look in.

Without a doubt. Star Albert's wedding will be the funny one and we'll appreciate it in the end, something deep inside me tells me. Definitely William's wedding will be the grand one.
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2010, 08:44:12 PM »

Without a doubt. Star Albert's wedding will be the funny one and we'll appreciate it in the end, something deep inside me tells me. Definitely William's wedding will be the grand one.

A good laugh is not bad  Yes

luxury00

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2010, 03:18:49 AM »

I do not think either wedding will be "the wedding" of 2011.  Both women look like social climbers.  Charlene looks like a trashy social climber and Kate is a subtle trashy social climber.  Kate and Wills will get more coverage because Will's mother is an icon but I do not think that Wills and Kate's wedding will be grand (especially with the global economic situation).
ronda

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2010, 04:54:04 AM »

Millions will tune in around the world to watch Willy marry Waity. It will be televised all over the globe. IMO
  On the other hand Baldie and Airhead are a waste of space.  No coverage other than the initial
  announcement. Monaco is a blip on the radar in comparison to the BRF in England. William is on the front of
  all our weekly magazines this week with his bride to be. The other two have never been. So absolutely no
  contest here.  Baldie there is still time to back out.....

Smiley...Knowledge is Power...Smiley
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2010, 02:33:50 PM »

I still doubt Albert will marry at all. The whole thing just seems so fake.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2010, 03:23:03 PM »

2011 is going to be a fun year for RD.
luxury00

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2010, 08:22:27 PM »

2011 is going to be a fun year for RD.

ITA....between Mary's twins and the two weddings....Next year will not be boring for RD....Can't wait to dish. Banana
Michelle

Gigantic Member

I smell bogan approaching

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2010, 10:48:57 PM »

No question about it.  William and Kate will have the wedding of the year.  If anything, it will be the wedding of the decade.

Charlene's wedding can be the wedding of the year in her wildest dreams Whistle

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: