Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 91   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grand Duchess Maria Teresa  (Read 341922 times)
ralf103

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1080 on: February 05, 2021, 08:34:11 PM »

She looks better in the latest vid as she looks more natural, less fake. Seemingly still in Biarritz? Wonder how her and Henri are getting on with all this time apart.
genegal43

Gigantic Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #1081 on: February 05, 2021, 08:44:09 PM »

Granny, I really don't want to see your chest...

Need a documentary for the classroom?  Hit me up here: https://historydoctube.weebly.com/
Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Royal Di

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1082 on: February 05, 2021, 10:06:29 PM »

She looks better in the latest video as she looks more natural, less fake. Seemingly still in Biarritz? Wonder how her and Henri are getting on with all this time apart.

I agree, she does look better. I'm sure in Luxembourg she has access to a hairdresser/makeup artist who can help make her look more like "herself."

I don't think this video was filmed in Biarritz as there is snow outside the window. Also, the blue curtains are the same fabric as those in the room where Prince Felix' engagement was announced. And, this video is copyrighted ©Maison du Grand-Duc, unlike recent videos.

She and Henri were interviewed recently at Colmar-Berg for this week's Point de Vue cover story on their 40th wedding anniversary.  I am working on a translation but not sure if anyone is interested.  I really enjoyed reading it, as they don't give many joint interviews. "These 40 years have been wonderful for me," confides the Grand Duke. ...

ralf103

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1083 on: February 05, 2021, 10:14:14 PM »

Fair point Royal Di. Clearly for whatever reason in Lux she looks more normal.
ArwenEleniel

Micro Member

Ukraine Ukraine

Ignore
« Reply #1084 on: February 05, 2021, 10:59:56 PM »

She looks better in the latest video as she looks more natural, less fake. Seemingly still in Biarritz? Wonder how her and Henri are getting on with all this time apart.

I agree, she does look better. I'm sure in Luxembourg she has access to a hairdresser/makeup artist who can help make her look more like "herself."

I don't think this video was filmed in Biarritz as there is snow outside the window. Also, the blue curtains are the same fabric as those in the room where Prince Felix' engagement was announced. And, this video is copyrighted ©Maison du Grand-Duc, unlike recent videos.

She and Henri were interviewed recently at Colmar-Berg for this week's Point de Vue cover story on their 40th wedding anniversary.  I am working on a translation but not sure if anyone is interested.  I really enjoyed reading it, as they don't give many joint interviews. "These 40 years have been wonderful for me," confides the Grand Duke. ...

I'm interested Smiley Will be very grateful for the translation.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #1085 on: February 06, 2021, 03:47:33 AM »

Star we love to read it.

MT nowadays gives me the impression of an old pot who is permanetly looking for its lid long after it has been thrown out, and pot is now discarded in some corner cupboard as no longer useful or necessary.

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #1086 on: February 06, 2021, 07:24:04 AM »

Star we love to read it.

MT nowadays gives me the impression of an old pot who is permanetly looking for its lid long after it has been thrown out, and pot is now discarded in some corner cupboard as no longer useful or necessary.

G Smiley

Star for Royal Di.

Looking forward for the interview.
Royal Di

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #1087 on: February 07, 2021, 07:29:26 PM »

Henri and Maria Teresa's 40th anniversary is this week's cover story for Point de Vue.  They were interviewed in their private residence at Château de Colmar-Berg. I have translated the first half of the article below. 

They are forever married to Saint-Valentine. This February 14, they will celebrate 40 years of their union. Exclusively, they have agreed to entrust Point de Vue with the story of a love that never ceases to amaze and exceeds them to encompass all their fellow citizens.

A winter Sunday. An unvarnished conversation of which we are afraid at any moment of breaking the spell, that we experience as a moment of grace, a privilege to witness. Simple words, true words, almost whispers, with much tenderness. On the eve of their wedding anniversary, the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess of Luxembourg evoke the life that they have chosen to build together, with the strength of their love. "These 40 years have been wonderful for me," confides the Grand Duke. "I just hope that it lasts so that we can end our life being together for a long time." A glance exchanged, a silence, then his wife starts, “What do I wish for? That we spend the years to come in a crescendo of happiness. When one has a love as strong as ours, all the pains, the difficulties are overcome for all that is best. I want to encourage younger generations to live with hope in their heart.”

Memories jostle, emotions resurface. "Our wedding day was the pinnacle of happiness," smiles the Grand Duke, "the realization of a life plan hoped for and developed during four years in Geneva. We had lots of sunshine, but it was terribly cold, and despite that, an incredible crowd formed all the way to the cathedral, it was crazy." The Grand Duchess continues, "I was on a small cloud, overwhelmed by the reaction of all these people who were chanting my name. On the balcony, I sent them a kiss to respond to their enthusiasm and that sealed something between us. The condition of exile in which I grew up, after my family left Cuba, had created in me a considerable void of national belonging. Love also gave me the homeland which I longed for. I do not think that one can appreciate all the affection I have for this country, for my country. I made it a point of honor to immediately take lessons in Luxembourgish. After the wedding, we had a reception for representatives of youth organizations, and when I said “villmols merci” to the little girl who handed me a bouquet, it was so surprising that the newspapers talked about it."

Equally astonishing is the account of Maria Teresa and Henri's meeting in Geneva in the fall of 1975. "After undergoing an appendectomy, I arrived a few weeks late to the university’s political science program," said the Grand Duke. My parents had friends in Geneva, the Sanz de Acedo family, also close to the parents of Maria Teresa, whom they asked to facilitate my integration. They are the ones who introduced us to each other. It was at the end of mass, in the chapel of Cologny. I found her very pretty, but I was extremely shy at the time. Maria Teresa, who was following the same course, helped me to fill out the registration papers and took me on a tour of the library. A few weeks later, we were together all the time on the benches of the university. We listened [to our classes] very little. So much so that we missed the first year.” Burst of laughter from the Grand Duchess. “I remember, Mr. Sanz wrote to your mother so that the fault did not fall on me and explained that the first year [of university] is exceedingly difficult. I was in love the second I saw Henri. However, I had been determined that this should not happen. My friend Xavier Sanz told me who he was, and I especially did not want to fall under the spell of a hereditary prince. Unthinkable, can you imagine the complications? Only he appeared and I told myself ‘oh no,’ meaning yes.” Everything then followed naturally, as evidenced. “You, yourself, never doubted that we would succeed in getting married, but I was very afraid,” resumed the Grand Duchess. The obstacles were numerous. Not only the authorization of the sovereign, Grand Duke Jean, but also that of the government. "The historian and court marshal Christian Calmes often came to Geneva to talk to Henri, who introduced him to me. He was adorable, the three of us became close. Back in Luxembourg, he spoke about me to Prime Minister Pierre Werner. With such kindness that at one point PM Werner asked him, ‘Who is in love with her, you or the hereditary prince?’ Shortly before the announcement of our engagement, I was invited to a hunt at Colmar-Berg with my future in-laws. At the end, they announced to me that the Prime Minister was waiting for me in the Grand Duke's office. I went there with a beating heart, I opened the door timidly to hear someone say: 'So, are you very much in love?' I answered yes and burst out laughing. We had a long conversation, and he gave his approval."
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 09:15:13 PM by Royal Di » Logged
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1088 on: February 07, 2021, 08:59:53 PM »

Star we love to read it.

G Smiley

And the pot is so warped the lid wouldn’t fit anyway........

Star Royal Di.  That was interesting. I wonder if their meeting was really as random as that? But I am willing to believe that she kept him from his studies - she was probably high maintenance even then.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #1089 on: February 08, 2021, 08:20:52 AM »

Star Thanks for the translation,Royal Di.

I find the whole ...oh I loved him, but of course I didn't want him to be a royal...so tiresome.

As if anyone would believe that.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #1090 on: February 08, 2021, 08:59:43 AM »

I feel a little cynical about the Great Luxembourg Love Story at this point. It's lovely that Henri and M-T found each other and care deeply for each other, but this 'love's young dream' thing feels a bit stale at this point. Five kids, five grand kids, years in charge of Lux, royal visits, big decisions, political engagement/interference and they are still talking about dating in college?

Cool your jets, everyone
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1091 on: February 08, 2021, 09:39:32 AM »

Star Thanks for the translation,Royal Di.

I find the whole ...oh I loved him, but of course I didn't want him to be a royal...so tiresome.

As if anyone would believe that.

Sounds like she coached Imelda.....
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #1092 on: February 09, 2021, 10:17:34 AM »

I feel a little cynical about the Great Luxembourg Love Story at this point. It's lovely that Henri and M-T found each other and care deeply for each other, but this 'love's young dream' thing feels a bit stale at this point. Five kids, five grand kids, years in charge of Lux, royal visits, big decisions, political engagement/interference and they are still talking about dating in college?

ITA.

Maybe they've nothing else to talk about (even between themselves). MT and Henri too don't give the impression that they're really interested in their children's and grandchildren's lifes.
Royal Di

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #1093 on: February 11, 2021, 09:10:47 PM »

Below is my translation of the second half of this week's Point de Vue article on the 40th wedding anniversary of Henri and Maria Teresa. Interestingly, they were married on 14 February 1981, the same year as Charles and Diana.

The first ten years of marriage were those of the births of the hereditary couple’s five children. "Each time, I wondered if it would be possible to love my new child as much as the previous one. And yes, of course, love does not divide, it multiplies. We had the task of not weighing down our oldest child too early with the responsibility he would have to assume. To explain to the others that their brother would have a special life and that they would be much freer." And "that they would have to work for a living,” insists the Grand Duke. “This is the first generation where they all exercise a profession outside of the Crown."

Over the next decade, Henri and Maria Teresa balanced work and family life. They made their mark. "I already had the foundation" said the Grand Duchess, "and through it I looked at the social situations of my country. I defined the causes I wanted to defend, national and international. I was one of the first in the grand ducal family to go out, to go shopping, we both go to restaurants, to the cinema, and we raised our children in this open manner by sending them to public schools.

For the Grand Duke, one thing is sure, “Luxembourgers got to know you. Your charm and empathy won everyone over. Twenty years ago, my accession as sovereign represented a considerable responsibility and the help of my spouse is essential in the accomplishments of the tasks to which I am devoted. The monarchy is a couple’s affair, the sovereign has his place, of course, but with his spouse by his side. We offer an image and a model to societies that are looking for themselves, to families that recognize themselves in us. We represent/embody the nation. Which a solitary monarch cannot do. Besides, where would be the idea of transmission, that of sustainability of the institution and through it of the country, that the arrival of new generations induces."

A vision shared by the Grand Duchess. “The population lives with the rhythm of our family. The birth of Charles, last year, created a tremendous enthusiasm, a strong bond. It allows everyone to project themselves. As the wife of the head of state, my role is to be a link between the historical necessity of the institution and its connection to the present.  This is also why I know I am invested in causes such as education, violence, injustice.  My trip to the prisons of Burundi, the forum Stand Speak Rise Up against rape as a weapon of war, the forum on learning difficulties, and microfinances are all struggles of which I am proud to take on. They make it possible to put forward another image of Luxembourg, which is the country that gives the most in development aid as a percentage of GDP.  But everything that I have achieved has been thanks to my husband. He is my compass, he helps me a lot to find the right balance, to re-energize. He brings me his generosity every day, his immense kindness.”

The Grand Duke is not left out when it comes to his wife.  “Her enthusiasm is the most extraordinary thing. She has lots of ideas, which sometimes have to be channeled. She pulls me up. I tend to be too laid back, too strict, and she shines, allows me to see and realize things that I did not think I could do.” Of course, forty years do not go by without their share of wounds and dilemmas, of misunderstandings, whether intimate or in public life.  But Henri and Maria Teresa of Luxembourg have overcome it all. “We cannot bear to see each other in a state of real suffering, explains the Grand Duchess. It unites us every time; we are one. We have built ourselves together, we were 19 years old when we met.” The Grand Duke looks at his wife with infinite tenderness. "Given my status, I was overprotected, I had a few crushes, but you are the first one I ever dated, my one and only love."

His wife's eyes glowed for a moment. "We did not expressly set out to be the bride and groom of St. Valentine, as much less attention was paid to this holiday at the time, but we could not have chosen a better date. It was providential. This year, for February 14, it is possible that our children will plan a surprise. It will all depend on health restrictions.” As well as their plans to get together with their family for this special anniversary. “We will try to have a big party afterwards, to celebrate both the end of Covid and our 40 years of marriage.”  Because the need for a return to normal life, the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess share with their fellow citizens to whom their thoughts always bring them back. At a time when the country is 50% populated by non-Luxembourgers, the big challenge is that of integration. “We want to remain this welcoming land, and with diversity we succeed in being a model of social, economic and ecological development. We want to offer all the inhabitants of Luxembourg the happiness and harmony that we have known together.”

« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 09:51:32 PM by Royal Di » Logged
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1094 on: February 11, 2021, 11:17:26 PM »

“She has lots of ideas, which sometimes have to be channeled”

Ideas like creating an atmosphere of fear in the palace?  

I’d say she needs medication more than channeling.

Thanks Royal Di!   Star
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 91   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: