Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 55   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grand Duchess Maria Teresa  (Read 152348 times)
zinzen

Gigantic Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #750 on: March 05, 2020, 05:39:52 PM »

author=Harley link=topic=6925.msg1266163#msg1266163 date=1583425620]
My guess? Her ego was too big for one website.
[/quote]

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

In reality, hope is the worst of all evils, it prolongs the torments of man. F.Nietzche
Gemsheal

Mini Member

United States United States

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #751 on: March 15, 2020, 02:23:03 PM »

I think I feel a meme coming on 😁

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
Royal Di

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #752 on: March 22, 2020, 03:40:13 PM »

Maria Teresa, Her Royal Highness the Grand Duchess, born March 22, 1956 in Havana, celebrates her 64th birthday today.  On the Cour Grand Ducal Instagram account, there are three posts made in honor of her birthday.  Two of the posts allow you to "discover unpublished photos from the albums of the grand ducal family." The third post has a birthday message from the Grand Duchess, as follows:

"On this my birthday, I would like to say that my heart isn’t celebrating. My heart is with you, with all those who are currently fighting against this disease, those who are afraid, who are alone, who are vulnerable.  I also think of those who live their last moments alone, of those who would have liked to accompany a loved one for a last goodbye.  With the Grand Duke, our thoughts are particularly and with immense gratitude, to the medical and paramedical corps as well as to all the volunteers who give of themselves without counting. You are a gift to all of us. THANK YOU ! "

https://www.instagram.com/courgrandducale/

Lots of well wishes on instragram for MT's birthday ... the only dissenting one: "She use to be a lovely gal ... now a bit scary"   haha

Chandrasekhi

Big Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #753 on: March 22, 2020, 04:22:28 PM »

Maria Teresa, Her Royal Highness the Grand Duchess, born March 22, 1956 in Havana, celebrates her 64th birthday today.  On the Cour Grand Ducal Instagram account, there are three posts made in honor of her birthday.  Two of the posts allow you to "discover unpublished photos from the albums of the grand ducal family." The third post has a birthday message from the Grand Duchess, as follows:

"On this my birthday, I would like to say that my heart isnít celebrating. My heart is with you, with all those who are currently fighting against this disease, those who are afraid, who are alone, who are vulnerable.  I also think of those who live their last moments alone, of those who would have liked to accompany a loved one for a last goodbye.  With the Grand Duke, our thoughts are particularly and with immense gratitude, to the medical and paramedical corps as well as to all the volunteers who give of themselves without counting. You are a gift to all of us. THANK YOU ! "

https://www.instagram.com/courgrandducale/

Lots of well wishes on instragram for MT's birthday ... the only dissenting one: "She use to be a lovely gal ... now a bit scary"   haha

About right!

ďDo or do not. There is no try.Ē

Ė Yoda
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #754 on: April 13, 2020, 03:59:53 PM »

http://www.monarchie.lu/f...rande-duchesse/index.html

It is with great sadness that Their Royal Highnesses the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess announce the passing of Mr. Victor Batista Falla, uncle of Her Royal Highness the Grand Duchess and last living brother of her mother.

Mr. Victor Batista Falla, who was living in Madrid, had gone to visit his native country, Cuba, where he had not returned to for 60 years. There, he passed away of COVID-19 this Easter Sunday at the age of 87.

Mr. Victor Batista Falla was a well-known editor and one of the greatest patrons of Cuban literature in exile.

His death is a great loss for the entire family of Her Royal Highness the Grand Duchess.

leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #755 on: April 13, 2020, 07:15:16 PM »

This is a sad time for the Batista family but why is the Lux court announcing this?  Does Mr Batista have any connections to Luxembourg independent of MT?
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #756 on: April 13, 2020, 07:23:32 PM »

This is a sad time for the Batista family but why is the Lux court announcing this?  Does Mr Batista have any connections to Luxembourg independent of MT?

You mean other than the need for some immediate relief from bad press?
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #757 on: April 13, 2020, 08:40:10 PM »

I agree, there was no need for any official announcement.
However, among the sadness -his family feels-  of his passing, I hope he found relief and even joy going back to his homeland.

periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #758 on: April 13, 2020, 09:14:27 PM »

Keeping an accounting of Covid-19 deaths is a somewhat justified angle to issuing a press release if that was the reason. Otherwise yes it might be done cynically for sympathy points. He was a very attractive man. Is there more information about their family in Cuba? As an American who is not allowed to travel to Cuba until recently I hope someone is documenting the stories of the expats I find it all fascinating the life that was there pre-Castro the good and the bad.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #759 on: April 13, 2020, 10:12:34 PM »

It's sad that he dead and I feel sorry for his family. But this has absolutely nothing to do with the Grand Ducal court.

There's no need at all to officially announce his death. This is again just done to promote poor GD MT, who is misunderstood by everyone.
ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #760 on: April 14, 2020, 01:26:24 AM »

Sorry but this just screams - "feel sorry for poor old MT who everyone bullies"

I can't think of any other royal household who have announced the death of a non royal member of the family in this way. Its jut aimed at getting sympathy IMO and shows that nothing has changed at the Cour and everyone answers to MT.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #761 on: April 14, 2020, 02:00:48 AM »

I remember that Clarence House announced/confirmed when Camillaís father and later brother died but thatís a father and then brother not an uncle.  Itís just so random. 
ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #762 on: April 14, 2020, 02:07:42 AM »

I can understand announcing immediate family and if I recall correctly the announcements about Camilla's father and brother were more about informing the press and in some cases confirming the news.

I can't imagine much else than a brief comment if an uncle of Camilla or Kate or Mathilde or Maxima died.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #763 on: April 14, 2020, 03:17:56 AM »

ITA. 

Sorry I meant to say the they official announcement for an uncle was weird when the most we usually see is confirmation when itís close family.  And youíre right a brief comment if asked would be more than enough. 
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #764 on: April 14, 2020, 05:42:35 PM »

It's sad that he dead and I feel sorry for his family. But this has absolutely nothing to do with the Grand Ducal court.

There's no need at all to officially announce his death. This is again just done to promote poor GD MT, who is misunderstood by everyone.

I know, when I saw it I was like "why is the court announcing this?"  I agree that it was done to take the heat off of GD MT.

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 55   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: