Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grand Duchess Maria Teresa  (Read 60208 times)
Konradin

Mini Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: October 07, 2019, 03:52:42 PM »

Congrats on your 4.500 Trier!  Star Beer

I spent a weekend with the Pomster in Trier this summer - we stayed in the hotel straight across from the Porta Nigra. It was wonderful!

Great that you enjoyed it!
Let's hope that poor MT will get well soon as Linus will only bother to put some effort in the glamourous events like the Belgian cousin coming for a state visit but she will not be able to step in for MT if the event has sth to do with the more important things MT does, like for example, microfinance, women's rights, the Paralympics committee...

I guess in case of the Paralympics committee Alexandra could step in....

Gui and Linus should step in. It doesn't help, if the Lux RF are giving in to their laziness.
They have to show up, I don't think they have much of the choice in this case. Still, we could still find that Henri and Alex are the only ones there, I'd not be surprised should that happen.

I am 100 % sure that they will show up. Linus all dolled up, smiling and with clean hair. She loves to mingle with other royals and these are the Belgians who seem to be close to her family. Remember Til and Fabiola attending her mother's funeral and IIRC Laurent attended her father's funeral.
Linus? Well dressed!?  Laughing That would be a first!
Pulsatilla

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: October 07, 2019, 04:51:05 PM »

Congrats on your 4.500 Trier!  Star Beer

I spent a weekend with the Pomster in Trier this summer - we stayed in the hotel straight across from the Porta Nigra. It was wonderful!

Great that you enjoyed it!
Let's hope that poor MT will get well soon as Linus will only bother to put some effort in the glamourous events like the Belgian cousin coming for a state visit but she will not be able to step in for MT if the event has sth to do with the more important things MT does, like for example, microfinance, women's rights, the Paralympics committee...

I guess in case of the Paralympics committee Alexandra could step in....

Gui and Linus should step in. It doesn't help, if the Lux RF are giving in to their laziness.
They have to show up, I don't think they have much of the choice in this case. Still, we could still find that Henri and Alex are the only ones there, I'd not be surprised should that happen.

I am 100 % sure that they will show up. Linus all dolled up, smiling and with clean hair. She loves to mingle with other royals and these are the Belgians who seem to be close to her family. Remember Til and Fabiola attending her mother's funeral and IIRC Laurent attended her father's funeral.
Linus? Well dressed!?  Laughing That would be a first!

Champagne By her admittedly low standards of course. At least she makes and effort and doesn't look unkempt when meeting other royals.
Trier1

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: October 07, 2019, 04:58:17 PM »

Which is an even bigger insult. It shows that she is able to take a shower and put on clean clothes before meeting people, the ordinary people are just not worth the trouble to dress well and to not look unkempt. 
Pulsatilla

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: October 07, 2019, 05:01:29 PM »

Which is an even bigger insult. It shows that she is able to take a shower and put on clean clothes before meeting people, the ordinary people are just not worth the trouble to dress well and to not look unkempt. 

Yep, of course.
Konradin

Mini Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: October 07, 2019, 05:23:52 PM »

Yep, of course.
Bad habits do stick. Let's just say that.  Snare
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: October 07, 2019, 05:37:53 PM »

Yep, of course.
Bad habits do stick. Let's just say that.  Snare

Whatever is wrong with the Lux children I can't up put at least some of the blame on Henri and MT. I know that as parents you can only do so much for your children, but somehow that they should've been stricter with their offspring.

That Alex turned out well is I think more to the fact that Alex is different of a personality than her brothers, it's her doing positively affecting her not her parents'.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #111 on: October 07, 2019, 05:55:20 PM »

This thread is about MT. It’s not for dishing on other members of the LRF.
Konradin

Mini Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: October 07, 2019, 05:56:32 PM »

It seems Sébastian, at least for the time being, and Alexandra, the younger ones, turned up best. While the eldest...  Snare
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #113 on: October 07, 2019, 05:58:01 PM »

It seems Sébastian, at least for the time being, and Alexandra, the younger ones, turned up best. While the eldest...  Snare

Topic is MT.
Royal Di

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: October 07, 2019, 06:12:33 PM »

They said something about several weeks. Last time she had knee surgery a few years ago it took her long to get well again, she did spend several months using crutches and/or a wheelchair. So I guess she might not be taking part in most of the events for the upcoming state visit from Belgium. I think if everything goes well, she might be back shortly before Christmas, if it goes as badly as last time then I guess the New Year's reception might be the first bigger event she does. I can see her doing some audiences and things at the palais but not doing events where she has to walk/stand/sit for a long time.

Press release from the Court Marshal
Luxembourg, October 4, 2019
The Marshal of the Court reports that after a knee injury and on the recommendation of her doctors, Her Royal Highness the Grand Duchess should undergo surgery as soon as possible. This operation will take place on Tuesday in Luxembourg and will lead to unavailability for several weeks.

Disappointing that Maria Teresa will not be participating in the state visit of the King and Queen of Belgium to Luxembourg next week.  King Philippe, after all, is GD Henri's first cousin and was the best man at their wedding in 1981.  A state visit is one of the major duties of a reigning royal family.  It is unfortunate that her knee surgery could not be delayed a week.

This is the second incoming state visit that Maria Teresa has missed in recent years.  In June 2016, it was announced at the last minute that "due to family reasons" MT would not participate in the state visit from Romania.  No further information was ever given, although her absence was thought to be related to issues with Louis and Tessy.  Guillaume and Stephanie stepped in to fill her place and were as dull as dishwater!

Konradin

Mini Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: October 07, 2019, 06:38:48 PM »

Topic is MT.
Sorry, it won't happen again, Maria.  Sad
Tomato
Banned
Banned
Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: October 07, 2019, 11:43:42 PM »

"Sorry, it won't happen again, Maria. "

You posted not even 60 seconds after Maria did. How could you have known and what do you have to apologize for? It's not your fault the moderators around here cannot tell time and have no clue what real racism is.

To-may-to, to-mah-to.
Konradin

Mini Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: October 08, 2019, 01:58:01 PM »

"Sorry, it won't happen again, Maria. "

You posted not even 60 seconds after Maria did. How could you have known and what do you have to apologize for? It's not your fault the moderators around here cannot tell time and have no clue what real racism is.
She was right, that is the end of the story.
Trier1

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: October 09, 2019, 08:24:15 PM »

RTL had a very interesting interview with MT's former aide de camp who got recently promoted and is now the director of the GD foundation. He spoke about his role, about the work of the foundation, MT's work and MT as a boss. The foundation is quite small, consisting more or less of the director, a social worker, a project manger and MT who does a lot of work for the foundation. The foundation usually helps people who do not get other help, single parents, people who suffered from violence. According to him, MT demands a lot from herself, does a good job and wants the work to be done well. She listens to people, tries to help them and seems to be actually interested in the people and their problems. The conference this year was a success and actually helped the survivors a lot. Other conferences now have copied it and also focus on survivors and give them a voice. So job well done! Her forum about learning disabilities also had a positive effect in Lux, as those pupils now get more help in Lux. She is also polite, thanks the people for their work and is interested in her staff (doesn't forget birthday's asks about their families etc). So despite him not being aide de camp any longer, he still continues to work closely with MT because of his new role for the foundation.
Trier1

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: October 10, 2019, 03:29:19 PM »

MT's surgery this morning went well but she needs to take several weeks off from her events because her knee will need to be immobilised for some time. So let's hope it will heal better than last time, knee injuries are mean things that hurt badly and take a long time to heal.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: