Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 62   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grand Duchess Maria Teresa  (Read 175510 times)
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: December 02, 2019, 04:21:57 PM »

On a different note: Today was the Bazar International, together with the Red Cross Bazar, which took place 2weeks ago, one of the key events of the luxemburgish preXmas season. 2 patronages of MT. Traditionnaly MT pays a visit or delegates somebody from the family. This year, the grand ducal family was a no show at both events?!!
A Red Crosser myself, it was the first time since ages that nobody would turn up at the red cross bazar, and it didn’t go unnoticed. Same for the Bazar international.
So it’s understandable that MT wouldn’t want to go herself because of her recent surgery, and I’m aware that knee problems are painful and complicated.
Although she did turn up in a wheelchair for the women’s demonstration and attended this fancy parisian award presentation so it seems to be a matter of priorities
These bazars are what would be called the bread and butter events of the luxemburgish monarchy. So either she couldn’t be bothered to go herself, or send somebody else... or nobody could be bothered to go; anyway something is fishy in the Grand Duchy of Luxemburg

Wow, that is truly awful Melusina. There are 5 children in that family. Could none of them make time for actual work? 

I'm sorry but MT and Henri are the leaders of this family, why didn't they ensure someone was representing them if they couldn't go themselves? Why didn't they instill a sense of duty in their lackluster children? This goes straight back to the parents, they are ultimately the failures IMHO.

Oh, I agree 100%. The children are this way I think because nothing has ever been required of them.

But they are also all adults. I think I read somewhere that, by age 25, most people have been told no less than 100 times what their faults are. So suck it up GUI and Linus - get to work!
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #136 on: December 02, 2019, 05:10:20 PM »

Let’s add Felix and Claire, since they likely the couple in line after Gui and Steph Beer
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: December 02, 2019, 06:47:03 PM »

On a different note: Today was the Bazar International, together with the Red Cross Bazar, which took place 2weeks ago, one of the key events of the luxemburgish preXmas season. 2 patronages of MT. Traditionnaly MT pays a visit or delegates somebody from the family. This year, the grand ducal family was a no show at both events?!!
A Red Crosser myself, it was the first time since ages that nobody would turn up at the red cross bazar, and it didn’t go unnoticed. Same for the Bazar international.
So it’s understandable that MT wouldn’t want to go herself because of her recent surgery, and I’m aware that knee problems are painful and complicated.
Although she did turn up in a wheelchair for the women’s demonstration and attended this fancy parisian award presentation so it seems to be a matter of priorities
These bazars are what would be called the bread and butter events of the luxemburgish monarchy. So either she couldn’t be bothered to go herself, or send somebody else... or nobody could be bothered to go; anyway something is fishy in the Grand Duchy of Luxemburg

Wow. MT, Henri, 5 kids and 2 spouses and not ONE could attend?

Sipping Nescafe from a stained mug in the kitchen every morning became a ritual. Then they took turns making breakfast from Pop Tarts purchased from the all night garage, or nibbled on left over pizza from the Dominos trattoria.
Gemsheal

Small Member

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: December 04, 2019, 04:12:30 AM »

I think she has had her eyes done.  She could have had work done while under GA for the knee surgery.  Whatever else, she looks fantastic.  A great surgeon.

Nose looks thinner in some pics but not others... and her eyes look less poached in some pics but not others!   Hard to say - but I would hazard a guess that many weeks out of the public eye would be an irresistible temptation to have a little work, whether it be just eyes or the whole face, done ... in a few more weeks it might be easier to tell?  It *might* be a few weeks rest out of the public eye. 

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: December 07, 2019, 03:26:32 PM »

MT attended the Edward Steichen Awards Ceremony held at the Grand Duke Jean Museum of Modern Art (MUDAM)

Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: December 07, 2019, 07:45:18 PM »

Her jaw line is much tighter looking. Face/neck lift would be my vote. Not that there is anything wrong with it. I may come to it myself on day.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: December 07, 2019, 07:47:58 PM »

I’m seriously thinking about it myself. The skin doesn’t tighten up well when losing weight at 50  Sad
Don’t blame her one bit, she looks great!!
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: December 12, 2019, 04:23:51 PM »

MT participated in a special film session at the Cinémathèque in Luxembourg as part of Human Rights Day

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: January 13, 2020, 01:45:24 PM »

MT has cancelled her engagements this week to be with her younger brother who is in intensive care.

http://www.monarchie.lu/f...rande-duchesse/index.html
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2020, 01:56:44 PM »

MT has cancelled her engagements this week to be with her younger brother who is in intensive care.

How sad to hear. I hope everything goes well for him.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: January 13, 2020, 07:09:30 PM »

That’s sad. All good thoughts for a speedy recovery.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: January 17, 2020, 05:06:51 PM »

Allegations surrounding the Grand Duchess as internal report publication looms

https://today.rtl.lu/news...luxembourg/a/1457676.html

The Lëtzebuerger Land has published an article on the alleged behaviour of Grand Duchess Maria Teresa. According to journalist Pol Schock, Jeannot Waringo's impending report could tip the institution of the Luxembourg monarchy into a serious crisis.

The article alleged that no one dares to confront the Grand Duchess - from staff and the Court marshal to the Grand Duke himself. In other words, it claimed the Grand Duchess does what she wants.

Jeannot Waringo, a retired senior civil servant, is currently constructing a report analysing the accounts and management of the Court's staff at the Prime Minister's request. He has an office in the palace which is occupied every day. The report will be submitted to Xavier Bettel in the coming weeks.

Online information magazine Reporter has previously said around thirty employees, one third of the staff, have resigned from the Court since 2015. More departures from the Grand-Ducal Court, which is funded directly by the budget of the Ministry of State, are expected. Staff costs amount to 11 million euros and represent the largest percentage of the budget.

According to LSAP MP Alex Bodry, the alarm bells were sounded directly from within the Palace. Other sources believe that the court marshal, Lucien Weiler or the chief of staff Michel Heintz, are responsible for alerting the Prime Minister.

The issues at the Palace are said to emanate largely from the Grand Duchess,  who is alleged to always have the final say on the functioning of the Court. Staff are said to be required to anticipate every wish, support her moods and be available at all times.

The Lëtzebuerger Land claimed that only the Prime Minister has the courage to confront the Grand Duchess. Maria Teresa purportedly enjoyed discussing current events in meetings with Bettel's predecessor Jean-Claude Juncker, but Bettel put an end to this tradition when he came to power. According to internal sources, this decision has affected the government's relationship with the Court.

The weekly paper also speculated on the possibility of Grand Duke Henri's abdication following the publication of the report, based on internal sources at the Palace. It claimed the Hereditary Grand Duke and his wife, who are expecting their first child this spring, would almost be ready to assume their future responsibilities.

Nerves
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: January 17, 2020, 05:12:42 PM »

The Lëtzebuerger Land has published an article on the alleged behaviour of Grand Duchess Maria Teresa. According to journalist Pol Schock, Jeannot Waringo's impending report could tip the institution of the Luxembourg monarchy into a serious crisis.

The article alleged that no one dares to confront the Grand Duchess - from staff and the Court marshal to the Grand Duke himself. In other words, it claimed the Grand Duchess does what she wants.

Jeannot Waringo, a retired senior civil servant, is currently constructing a report analysing the accounts and management of the Court's staff at the Prime Minister's request. He has an office in the palace which is occupied every day. The report will be submitted to Xavier Bettel in the coming weeks.

Online information magazine Reporter has previously said around thirty employees, one third of the staff, have resigned from the Court since 2015. More departures from the Grand-Ducal Court, which is funded directly by the budget of the Ministry of State, are expected. Staff costs amount to 11 million euros and represent the largest percentage of the budget.

According to LSAP MP Alex Bodry, the alarm bells were sounded directly from within the Palace. Other sources believe that the court marshal, Lucien Weiler or the chief of staff Michel Heintz, are responsible for alerting the Prime Minister.

The issues at the Palace are said to emanate largely from the Grand Duchess,  who is alleged to always have the final say on the functioning of the Court. Staff are said to be required to anticipate every wish, support her moods and be available at all times.

The Lëtzebuerger Land claimed that only the Prime Minister has the courage to confront the Grand Duchess. Maria Teresa purportedly enjoyed discussing current events in meetings with Bettel's predecessor Jean-Claude Juncker, but Bettel put an end to this tradition when he came to power. According to internal sources, this decision has affected the government's relationship with the Court.

The weekly paper also speculated on the possibility of Grand Duke Henri's abdication following the publication of the report, based on internal sources at the Palace. It claimed the Hereditary Grand Duke and his wife, who are expecting their first child this spring, would almost be ready to assume their future responsibilities.

Nerves

*Chrissy Teigen cringe*

genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: January 17, 2020, 11:04:25 PM »

Nerves

*Chrissy Teigen cringe*

We shall see...

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Yvonne

Small Member

Ethiopia Ethiopia

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: January 18, 2020, 12:05:45 AM »

Goodness...I don't know if I am surprised or not. MT comes across as really nice and friendly but something about her has started to rub me the wrong way recently. I hope more details will be made public soon and the court will be forced to be very very transparent in everything they do. I will be shocked if Henri will have to abdicate because of this. No one in that family is ready to take over, especially not his heir. I am shocked  Nerves

Tessy has shared this on her twitter page. She perhaps knows a lot of these things, but given her former and current positions, I think it'd be wise of her not to get involved in this.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 62   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: