Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 62   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grand Duchess Maria Teresa  (Read 169437 times)
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #795 on: May 17, 2020, 11:53:25 PM »

I think this whole story is rather odd and it says more about MT than JC. Even if you don't get along with your mil, you don't invite the press to whinge about it. It's not even ok with the Kardashians, but definately a complete tabu for a Head of State and his wife. Bad manners, indeed.

And I also call BS on JC trying to break up the marriage; she was old school and wouldn't aprove of a divorce, let alone instigate it.

Also, I've read that JC's grandchildren adored her (don't remember where I read it, am trying to find it again). Children don't normally like people who are mean to their parents. Children are very sensitive of such things.

The family is Catholic..... back then no way would JC be a party to a divorce.... she might have run MT off but for what outcome.... Henri would never be able to marry again at that time.... an affair maybe but I suspect MT was being a trouble maker and still is. JC was right in terms of MT not suitable.... not for her background as assumed at the time but for her scheming nature

There's this saying about what A says about B, says more about A then about B.

JC was probably not the best mil to MT, but true or not (what JC allegedly said about MT) in the end MT totally proved her right.
Royal Di

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #796 on: May 19, 2020, 08:25:51 PM »

I think this whole story is rather odd and it says more about MT than JC. Even if you don't get along with your mil, you don't invite the press to whinge about it. It's not even ok with the Kardashians, but definately a complete tabu for Head of State and his wife. Bad manners, indeed. And I also call BS on JC trying to break up the marriage; she was old school and wouldn't aprove of a divorce, let alone instigate it.  …

Odd indeed. Below is a section of an article that I saved awhile back ... can't remember the source.  Interesting theory about Henri.

"In the 90s, there was an unfaithful relationship between Henri and a politician who frequented the offices of the Grand Ducal House. If at that time the authorities had not put a stop to her decision, Maria Teresa would have fled the country with her five children. Later Henri opted to safeguard his wife's pride by stating that such a betrayal by the husband never existed and that everything had been made up by his mother to force their separation. These were painful moments, especially for the old father of the Grand Duke, a conciliatory man who lived with great disgust about disagreements between mother-in-law and daughter-in-law."

When Maria Teresa summoned "15 Belgian and Luxembourgeois journalists to a supposedly off-the-record lunch," Henri spoke first and said that he supported everything that his wife had to say.  Henri was not blameless in all this, yet MT gets all the criticism.

BTW, the tabloids report that Henri and MT's relationship remains strained due to the Waringo Report. They are "locked in together" at Chateau de Berg, as the borders have been closed between Luxembourg and France … so no trips to Paris for MT. "Stay at home" - also applies to the Grand Ducal court. It is simply not possible to let yourself be driven to the family-owned apartment in Paris.

ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #797 on: May 19, 2020, 10:59:43 PM »

Without going too much off topic I do wonder if the relationship between MT and Henri is as "rosy" as we are led to believe. I've use to never believe the two don't love each other but the more and more we see and hear the more I wonder if there is real love there or more a case of mutual benefit - it makes me wonder if perhaps there have been affairs by Henri and thus to keep that hidden he has to allow MT a certain amount of leeway and she demands good PR for her as the payment. Problems in the marriage would also explain the way (most) the kids have turned out IMO.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #798 on: May 19, 2020, 11:24:18 PM »

Without going too much off topic I do wonder if the relationship between MT and Henri is as "rosy" as we are led to believe. I've use to never believe the two don't love each other but the more and more we see and hear the more I wonder if there is real love there or more a case of mutual benefit - it makes me wonder if perhaps there have been affairs by Henri and thus to keep that hidden he has to allow MT a certain amount of leeway and she demands good PR for her as the payment. Problems in the marriage would also explain the way (most) the kids have turned out IMO.

I do think that MT is extremely manipulative, while Henri is besotted with her.

I don't believe theirs is a healthy, real love relationship. Henri seems to be too dumb or whatever you want to call it to even consider his wife being not the lovely girl he married years ago.

MT has an easy way with him as Henri seems very weak to me. A classical Pantoffelheld being ruled by his wife.

I guess the children turned out the way they did, because no one really focussed on them and their education. MT caring only about MT and Henri caring only about his poor wife.
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #799 on: May 19, 2020, 11:51:06 PM »

I don't believe theirs is a healthy, real love relationship. Henri seems to be too dumb or whatever you want to call it to even consider his wife being not the lovely girl he married years ago.

MT has an easy way with him as Henri seems very weak to me. A classical Pantoffelheld being ruled by his wife.

I guess the children turned out the way they did, because no one really focussed on them and their education. MT caring only about MT and Henri caring only about his poor wife.

Oh there is definitely something strange going on in that family.  Henri is weak and MT, maybe knowing devout Catholics don’t divorce, tried to push the envelope whenever possible because she’s an unhappy person. No wonder the kids don’t do anything to support them.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #800 on: May 21, 2020, 07:06:53 PM »

And maybe holds the affair over his head
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #801 on: May 21, 2020, 09:40:35 PM »

Oh there is definitely something strange going on in that family.  Henri is weak and MT, maybe knowing devout Catholics don’t divorce, tried to push the envelope whenever possible because she’s an unhappy person. No wonder the kids don’t do anything to support them.

Maybe that's an odd comparisons, but somehow they remind me of the children of the last Tsar, who were also not allowed to grow up.

While times are different now I don't think that either Henri or MT gave much thought to the future. Maybe they think they're going to live forever.
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #802 on: May 22, 2020, 11:27:04 PM »

And maybe holds the affair over his head

And now I have another idea for a story...   Whistle   Thinking  Quit that!   Wink

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #803 on: May 25, 2020, 06:54:30 AM »

Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #804 on: May 25, 2020, 01:49:23 PM »

I think maybe through marriage Henri tried to set a new accent in the monarchy. Maybe he was really in love. Maybe it was rebellion that he thought was love. Think of his son Louis. Knowing what he knows now - Tessy would have not gotten pregnant back then. But back to this topic. As far as I know, his own mom was a difficult person, too. So he basically married someone with a complex personality like his mom - most likely without realizing.

IMO Divorce is very risky for the ruling monarch. Monarchy is mainly supported by conservative sections of the population with a classic middle class profile. Then there is the problem of Catholicism. He could never marry again, which is problematic for a head of state. The monarchy also has an entertainment factor for large sections of the population. Clothes are analyzed. Events are watched. It's difficult without a wife as you can't provide people with what they want and expect. As a side-line, you can get away with divorce nowadays, but not as a ruling monarch.

I think he realized very early, that he made a huge mistake. Five children are not a sign of a happy Catholic marriage here. If you have five children these days, all existing sidelines are insignificant forever. The five children cemented MT's importance to the family. Whoever rules after Henri - she will have born him/her.

I believe they have very clear arrangments. It is not uncommon that the monarch cheats (see Juan Charlos, the former Belgian king, Carl Gustav) but usually they keep pretending that everything is okay. I think MT's ego can't take that. This is not a happy, healthy family structure - it is a lot of (very bad) pretending. You see that with their kids.

Gui seems to be from a different era - and Stephanie too. Both have little idea what their role actually includes and what is expected of them -they have improved a bit over the years, they gained sympathy because of the infertility issue and the baby will endear them to the Lux people. He always does not seem like a being from the 21st century, able to engage with people on the same level. He had a good education, but he is lacking a lot of common sense. Felix married rich and chose the emergency exit. Louis rebelled - now his divorce was costly, he has a Fergie cut on his cheek for the rest of his life. That will keep him calm because dad has to pay for this mistake.

MT seems to have this old view of the monarchy - because she is second most important person right now, nobody can challenge her.

Gemsheal

Small Member

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #805 on: May 25, 2020, 03:21:18 PM »

Personally I support the theory offered by Royal Di's old magazine article - that Henri committed (in my mind, just one) affair probably in the late 1990's.  He was found out, and he's been groveling to MT ever since to make it up to her.

I can see this happening because Henri is a somewhat straight-laced person, he was raised a strict Catholic; his youth & his behavior was controlled, then he married after fighting to marry MT at all (his one big rebellion).  Then he had the three sons, bing bing bing.  Henri & MT were probably very happy & compatible in those days.  Alexandra may have been somewhat planned but Sébastien may have been an oops baby. 

Now you have an older MT, tired & not always so .. receptive, and even more importantly you have the older Henri, now the perfect age for midlife crisis.  Zing!  Any beautiful, less encumbered and less complicated woman turns his head, makes him lose his mind for a month or two (I doubt it lasted longer). 

I also think that once the affair was discovered, MT either directly involved J-C, or J-C stepped in regardless. The dual partnership of his beloved but strict & controlling Mama and his deeply hurt wife would have been more than enough to whisk Henri (who was probably guilt-sticken from the get-go) back to his marriage.  He can probably *never* do enough, in his own eyes, to attone to MT for that one lapse of faith.

And no matter which scenario, MT asking for her MIL's help, or her MIL just butting in, it would have been deeply humiliating to MT to receive assistance and support from the woman who at one time referred to MT as, "the little Cuban."   *This* sets up the press conference revealing J-C's treatment of MT throughout her married life (given at a time when J-C was at her weakest, but note - still alive!  MT had the power to publicly humiliate the one who hurt her).

From the moment MT forgave Henri and Henri resolved to do anything to make it up to her - the MonsTer was created!   

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
Lizardcandy

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #806 on: May 25, 2020, 04:42:59 PM »

Personally I support the theory offered by Royal Di's old magazine article - that Henri committed (in my mind, just one) affair probably in the late 1990's.  He was found out, and he's been groveling to MT ever since to make it up to her.

I can see this happening because Henri is a somewhat straight-laced person, he was raised a strict Catholic; his youth & his behavior was controlled, then he married after fighting to marry MT at all (his one big rebellion).  Then he had the three sons, bing bing bing.  Henri & MT were probably very happy & compatible in those days.  Alexandra may have been somewhat planned but Sébastien may have been an oops baby. 

Now you have an older MT, tired & not always so .. receptive, and even more importantly you have the older Henri, now the perfect age for midlife crisis.  Zing!  Any beautiful, less encumbered and less complicated woman turns his head, makes him lose his mind for a month or two (I doubt it lasted longer). 

I also think that once the affair was discovered, MT either directly involved J-C, or J-C stepped in regardless. The dual partnership of his beloved but strict & controlling Mama and his deeply hurt wife would have been more than enough to whisk Henri (who was probably guilt-sticken from the get-go) back to his marriage.  He can probably *never* do enough, in his own eyes, to attone to MT for that one lapse of faith.

And no matter which scenario, MT asking for her MIL's help, or her MIL just butting in, it would have been deeply humiliating to MT to receive assistance and support from the woman who at one time referred to MT as, "the little Cuban."   *This* sets up the press conference revealing J-C's treatment of MT throughout her married life (given at a time when J-C was at her weakest, but note - still alive!  MT had the power to publicly humiliate the one who hurt her).

From the moment MT forgave Henri and Henri resolved to do anything to make it up to her - the MonsTer was created!   

This seems like a huge stretch to me with no evidence unless I missed a whole heck of a lot of info somewhere along the line. How did you conclude Henri had one affair for a few months and never again? That is so specific, along with the other specific speculations like who discovered the affair, so I am really confused.

Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #807 on: May 25, 2020, 04:59:35 PM »

This seems like a huge stretch to me with no evidence unless I missed a whole heck of a lot of info somewhere along the line. How did you conclude Henri had one affair for a few months and never again? That is so specific, along with the other specific speculations like who discovered the affair, so I am really confused.

Id suspect if not a physical affair then an emotional one ..... he was not happy.....
Gemsheal

Small Member

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #808 on: May 25, 2020, 05:24:41 PM »

Complete speculation, imagination and supposition on my part, I fully confess.  I love to play amateur psychologist and it probably backfired here!  

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
Lizardcandy

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #809 on: May 25, 2020, 05:38:49 PM »

Complete speculation, imagination and supposition on my part, I fully confess.  I love to play amateur psychologist and it probably backfired here!  

Haha! Well, we could be doing more destructive things with our time! I just thought I missed a whole lot of a really glorious pile of gossip.  I hope you're hanging in there if you're isolated right now or keeping well if you have to work <3
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 62   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: