Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Dress  (Read 45064 times)
Blue Bird

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: May 07, 2011, 06:13:43 PM »

It's exactly what I imagined she would wear, lace long sleeves - fitted and classic - veil close to the hair.

The design doesn't veer off from anything she's worn in the past - traditional and time-honoured.  The only thing "trendy" would be the side and back panels of the skirt which appear to be pintucked at each seam. 

I made this gown several times in the 90's.  It was a popular style then with variations.  I did think there was some disparity between her bodice and skirt. 

Her hair is similar to how QEII wore hers for her wedding.  Although, Kate's face is getting a little old to keep wearing it down for formal occasions and still look good.

She looked like a typical upper class English bride. 
Astrid

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: May 07, 2011, 11:10:35 PM »

I like the embroidery on the dress, but that's about it for me.

Yup. While the dress design is blah to me, I can appreciate the craftmanship that went into it.
The lace pattern on the left and right sides of the bodice are perfect mirror images of each other. That takes a lot of precision.

That's because the lace was hand-made for the pieces, actually done in the form of the pattern. That's why I am pretty sure that none of the women working on it would have thought that it was made for a dress used in a movie. They must have suspected what it was they where working on.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Needle_lace
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: May 12, 2011, 06:31:25 PM »

per today's Daily Telegraph, Kate's dress itself was a copy of another "princely" bridal gown 2 yrs ago. Hard to deny when you see the photo...

http://www.telegraph.co.u...e-over-wedding-dress.html
CountessMeOut
Banned
Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: May 12, 2011, 07:24:42 PM »

per today's Daily Telegraph, Kate's dress itself was a copy of another "princely" bridal gown 2 yrs ago. Hard to deny when you see the photo...

http://www.telegraph.co.u...e-over-wedding-dress.html
The similarities are based on the fact they are both inspired by Grace Kelly's dress.
Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: May 30, 2012, 08:04:48 AM »

Both wedding dresses are lovely and very similar.
The style is not uncommon - ever since the 1950s.
Very feminine and pretty.
I prefer Grace Kelly's dress myself.
I like the Belgian bride's lace a little more than I do Catherine's special 'thistle etc.' lace.
It's the stiffness that I like about it.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: