Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Smoking Royals/Nobles and Friends  (Read 89275 times)
Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Daiz

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2010, 12:24:40 AM »

This is shocking to see them all lined up like this. You have not included the classic shot of Henrik giving a cigarette to F or J aged about 2.
If anything underlines the anachromisn of royalty and their sense that they are untouchable, this is it. I also wonder how much damage they are doing to the priceless art works they live amongst.
Good for Fred for giving up.
There is going to be a round of cancer related deaths in the next few years with the older generation.
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2010, 12:50:42 AM »

I don't find royals smoking shocking, above all the older generations, everybody smoked then and nobody knew or cared about tobacco as we do now. The only thing that disgusts me is when they are smoking in their children's faces  Ranting
I don't smoke, I don't like spending time with smokers and come home smelling like a seedy after-hours or having to swallow their smoke but asking why someone smokes when it's a nasty, unhealthy and expensive habit is like asking why people drink alcohol, that can kill us quicker than tobacco, is also expensive, fattening, unhealthy etc...

Aziza

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2010, 02:48:07 AM »

I hate to admit it, but all these pictures have made me want a cigarette!  It's been like watching an episode of "Absolutely Fabulous" for me.  Maybe all the smoking has something to do with living in Europe?  When I was living in Madrid in my early 20's (1998-2001) I smoked all the time.  They made it very easy to do so.  It was allowed in every building and public place and seemed to make me create my "Spanish persona."  I think they do now have anti-smoking laws in Spain...along with Starbucks Sad

I read in a biography of Queen Sofia of Spain that she allows herself one cigarette after lunch each day. 

The picture of Queen Rania surprised me as well.
Flamingo

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2010, 04:25:49 PM »

People of Daisy's generation started smoking when the health risks weren't widely know and when it was the cool, fashionable thing to do, so I don't wonder why older people started.  But it absolutely blows my mind to see younger people doing it. Yikes  Not only do we know it kills you, it's not even cool anymore.  There are very few students at my university who smoke - it's considered uncool, and most people my age (early 20s) are really grossed out by it because it stinks.  Someone mentioned that it's associated with lower economic status and low education, and that's definitely true, at least where I'm from.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2010, 05:50:24 PM »

I don't know how it's perceived in Europe (and maybe I'm just being judgmental), but when I see people smoking in the US, I automatically think: low class.  IMO it looks trashy and especially in this day and age, uneducated. 

Just look at Queen Marge's teeth or Aunt Magda.  Why would anyone ever want to smoke after seeing those two? Dead  Those two women are physically repulsive to look at.  Seriously-whenever someone posts a pic of Marge smiling, I scroll past it as quickly as I can.  I don't care how many impressive diamonds she's wearing-nothing can detract from her disgusting yellow teeth.  I'd actually rather see her without teeth than with those yellow fangs.  The woman is just nasty.  Thumb down

I'm really surprised to see Rania smoking.  She's the last person I'd expect to smoke.  She always seemed so intelligent, elegant and health conscious to me.  I guess I just need to remove the sugar blinders from my eyes. 

I'm not at all surprised to see the Dutch royals smoking.  All you have to do is look at their skin (and hear Max's voice) and you know right away that they're smokers.  I'm just disgusted to see them smoking around young children Thumb down  Idiots.
Victory

Huge Member

Sweden Sweden

Born Ruler & Head of State! Who is MeDiana?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2010, 06:13:25 PM »

Just look at Queen Marge's teeth or Aunt Magda.  Why would anyone ever want to smoke after seeing those two? Dead  Those two women are physically repulsive to look at.  Seriously-whenever someone posts a pic of Marge smiling, I scroll past it as quickly as I can.  I don't care how many impressive diamonds she's wearing-nothing can detract from her disgusting yellow teeth.  I'd actually rather see her without teeth than with those yellow fangs.  The woman is just nasty.  Thumb down

I'm really surprised to see Rania smoking.  She's the last person I'd expect to smoke.  
Aunt Magda!!!!  Yikes

She is a heavy drinker,smoker and sun-lover. Rania as a smoker is very surprising!
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2010, 06:45:49 PM »

Jordan
Queen Rania, which I am surprised

I've seen this photo of Rania before but to be honest I don't think she's smoking as there were other photos taken at the same time and the "cigarette" isn't in any of them. Plus IMHO that doesn't even look like a cigarette.

There are other members of the JRF who do smoke but I prsonally don't think Rania is one of them.

(JMO).

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
black

Mini Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2010, 07:56:35 PM »

it actually looks like a lollypop to me Lolipop
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2010, 08:02:23 PM »

Just look at Queen Marge's teeth or Aunt Magda.  Why would anyone ever want to smoke after seeing those two? Dead  Those two women are physically repulsive to look at.  Seriously-whenever someone posts a pic of Marge smiling, I scroll past it as quickly as I can.  I don't care how many impressive diamonds she's wearing-nothing can detract from her disgusting yellow teeth.  I'd actually rather see her without teeth than with those yellow fangs.  The woman is just nasty.  Thumb down

I'm really surprised to see Rania smoking.  She's the last person I'd expect to smoke.  
Aunt Magda!!!!  Yikes

She is a heavy drinker,smoker and sun-lover. Rania as a smoker is very surprising!

thanks for that "beautiful" pic Star   They should put a picture of Aunt Magda and a picture of Marge's teeth on each package of cigarettes as a warning.
Victory

Huge Member

Sweden Sweden

Born Ruler & Head of State! Who is MeDiana?

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2010, 08:42:35 PM »

Aunt Magda!!!!  Yikes

thanks for that "beautiful" pic Star   They should put a picture of Aunt Magda and a picture of Marge's teeth on each package of cigarettes as a warning.

Thatīs an excellent idea!
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2010, 12:14:04 AM »

Yikes Yikes Yikes Yikes Nerves

Just look at those two monsterswomen.  This is what smoking does Nono Thumb down  Just say no.
Flamingo

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2010, 06:14:04 AM »

Magda is definitely Yikes

Is it possible that some of her problem, beyond the smoking and the tanning, is bad surgeries a la Silvia?  Their cheeks both look unnatural in a similar way.
Holly Golightly

Gigantic Member

New Caledonia New Caledonia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2010, 06:50:27 AM »

Aunt Magda!!!!  Yikes

Thatīs an excellent idea!

Yikes, Victory!! That really should have come with a warning!!  Nerves 
Charlotte

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2010, 06:59:33 AM »

Jordan
Queen Rania, which I am surprised

I've seen this photo of Rania before but to be honest I don't think she's smoking as there were other photos taken at the same time and the "cigarette" isn't in any of them. Plus IMHO that doesn't even look like a cigarette.

There are other members of the JRF who do smoke but I prsonally don't think Rania is one of them.

(JMO).

Wouldn't smoking complicate Rania's diabetes condition?

Ugly Betty

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2010, 08:47:44 AM »

If Rania smokes, then it is very detrimental to a diabetic condition.  I would be surprised if she did.  I'm also a bit surprised by MM and Marie smoking.  I just never pictured them as smokers.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: