Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question ?  (Read 17704 times)
Olya

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2017, 09:44:21 PM »

This was asked before and the answer, as I remember it, was that there's a glitch or some such in the system, which means the status or banner can't be removed.
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2018, 12:33:40 PM »

For a few weeks now some smileys and gif signatures "move" to the next post and start flashing. Has it happened to anyone else?

Lady Alice

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2018, 12:35:43 PM »

For a few weeks now some smileys and gif signatures "move" to the next post and start flashing. Has it happened to anyone else?

Yes. It's irritating but I suspect something perhaps to do with either a board glitch or a browser issue. No idea how to correct it.

Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2018, 12:42:26 PM »

Thanks, at least I know it isn't my computer  Wink

Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2018, 12:58:43 PM »

Tried on two different browsers (Chrome and Firefox) and I can't see the glitch.  Thinking Strange... I wonder what is causing it.

AddiesGirl
Banned
Banned
Big Member

"I am aware that you believe me insane" - Sisi

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2018, 10:58:38 PM »

I've noticed there is an icon next to the subject of a post that most of the time looks like two sheets of paper, the top one dog-eared. But sometimes I see an exclamation mark or other icons. What do the icons there mean? Don't know if it matters, but I don't have a smart phone, so I'm always on my PC when visiting RD. Thanks in advance!
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2018, 11:15:14 PM »

The symbol is whatever the originator used when starting a topic. The default is the two pieces of paper with a dog ear. The other choices are: thumb up, thumb down, exclamation mark, question mark and other emoticons.

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
AddiesGirl
Banned
Banned
Big Member

"I am aware that you believe me insane" - Sisi

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2018, 11:18:01 PM »

The symbol is whatever the originator used when starting a topic. The default is the two pieces of paper with a dog ear. The other choices are: thumb up, thumb down, exclamation mark, question mark and other emoticons.

Ah, I see, thank you so much Pru! Star
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2018, 10:05:59 AM »

I wonder if it's just my computer or are others suffering from the same problem as I am...? When I type a post, at first I can see what I'm typing but then things slow down. If I type at my regular speed, I need to wait for the text to appear on the text box. It's really annoying and at first I thought it's just something on my laptop and restarting my computer might help. It seems though that did nothing and I only have this problem on this website when I'm posting a reply. Weird.  Thinking

Olya

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2018, 12:37:09 PM »

I wonder if it's just my computer or are others suffering from the same problem as I am...? When I type a post, at first I can see what I'm typing but then things slow down. If I type at my regular speed, I need to wait for the text to appear on the text box. It's really annoying and at first I thought it's just something on my laptop and restarting my computer might help. It seems though that did nothing and I only have this problem on this website when I'm posting a reply. Weird.  Thinking

The same happened to me too, but not now. Now it's normal and has been for a while.

When a computer's (overall) response is delayed, then it's bugged, but for you and me that seems a bit far fetched, esp as it's happening on one website and not everything you do...

I guess the server might be having heavy traffic or difficulties?  Thinking
emtishell

Medium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2018, 01:26:56 PM »

The same happened to me too, but not now. Now it's normal and has been for a while.

When a computer's (overall) response is delayed, then it's bugged, but for you and me that seems a bit far fetched, esp as it's happening on one website and not everything you do...

I guess the server might be having heavy traffic or difficulties?  Thinking

I can’t remember when it was (last night or this morning?) but I got the “server overload” message, which seems to happen when there’s a lot of traffic on fhe board.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2018, 02:22:44 PM »

We are having issues with the servers at the moment. That could be the cause of it.
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2018, 11:59:27 AM »

The delay between writing and seeing the written text is especially bad at the moment. It can take 20 seconds before I can actually see what I have written. Hope it's a temporary problem and hope things are working for you guys soon again. I know how frustrating it can be with server problems!

Flanagan

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2018, 01:49:05 AM »

Deleted
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: