Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Other Luxembourg members  (Read 11179 times)
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 01:13:20 PM »

In Lux city, it is only possible to marry from wednesday to friday and the 1st is a saturday. So she gets an undeserved an unnessecary special treatment. She is not in line, her father is not in line, so she shouldn't be able to get a special treatment.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2017, 10:40:39 PM »

In Lux city, it is only possible to marry from wednesday to friday and the 1st is a saturday. So she gets an undeserved an unnessecary special treatment. She is not in line, her father is not in line, so she shouldn't be able to get a special treatment.

That's weird that they're having the civil ceremony in Luxembourg.  I wonder if they're doing it so that Grand Duke Jean can attend? 
melusina

Micro Member

Luxembourg Luxembourg

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2017, 11:21:21 PM »

Well the groom spent all of his high school years in Luxemburg where his father was working at that time. His parents are well connected to lux. society. So the bond to Luxemburg comes from both sides.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2017, 12:55:43 AM »

Well the groom spent all of his high school years in Luxemburg where his father was working at that time. His parents are well connected to lux. society. So the bond to Luxemburg comes from both sides.

I never knew that.  Interesting.

Anybody know why they're having the civil ceremony so far ahead of their religious wedding? 
Alexia
Banned
Banned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2017, 05:51:09 AM »

Maybe she's pregnant? Or old Jean is sick?
Hopefully we come to see some Corns on April 1st since they live in Luxemburg.
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2017, 10:15:26 AM »

GD Jean hasn't been well for quite some time now. He did spend Christmas in hospital but seemed to be better but very frail when they went to the movies last week. So it might be that they wanted him to attend and have the civil ceremony now when he is still well enough to attend. But the more interesting question to me is: Who has an official residence in Lux since you need one to marry civily in Lux. I thought they both live in Germany and having residence (even if it is not the main one) in Germany and Lux doesn't seem to be an option. That's at least what the authorities in Trier told me when I asked them at the beginning of the year.
melusina

Micro Member

Luxembourg Luxembourg

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2017, 12:15:19 AM »

Well, there are 2 options:

The average lux student doesn't give up his luxemburgish residency when moving to his german or european student town and taking up residency there. At least my kids didn't and none of their friends did. If they stay abroad for work after the end of their studies, things become more complicated, but remain managable during the first years. So if the groom's parents still have property in Luxemburg, or if he kept an adress at friend's or relative's, he might be still a resident.

On the other hand, briefly changing residency for the sake of having your marriage celebrated in your home town, or in a town where you're familiar with the mayor or city councellor isn't uncommon in Luxemburg. You just take up residency at your parent's or relative's home for the time of the marriage proceedings. This little twist is usually not frowned upon. So GD Jean's grand daughter taking up residency at her relative's shouldn't be a big deal eather ... just my opinion of course.
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2017, 10:33:52 AM »

Who of them lives in Lux city? She grew up in France and not in Lux, so do his parents still live in Lux city? If they marry in Lux city, one of them must have residence in Lux city. A friend of mine wanted to marry in Lux city but since neither he or his wife had residence in Lux city, they were not allowed to do so and had to do it in the village where they lived. So I guess we have another member of the GD family bending the rules which is not acceptable. The law and the rules should be the same for everybody, including members of the GD family. They could have had the religious ceremony somewhere in Lux and the civil where they live like normal people do. But I guess it will be interesting to watch who is invited and who will attend. I wonder how Jean jr feels if his father attends his daughters wedding but didn't attend his own wedding and even refused to see his grandchild after she was born. And that isn't a mean rumour, Jean's ex-wife said under oath during the bommeleer trial that Jean and JC refused to see their grandchild and only saw her after the wedding (which they didn't approve).
Alexia
Banned
Banned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2017, 12:16:01 PM »

Well, it wasn't mentioned wether they mean Lux city or Lux vicinity.
melusina

Micro Member

Luxembourg Luxembourg

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2017, 03:47:57 PM »

It is Luxemburg city. I just checked the "publication de mariage", my fault, could have done it earlier instead of speculating.
The groom is  a munich resident and Marie-Gabrielle is stated as living in Luxemburg-city. No former residence is mentioned which would imply that the residency is older than 6 months.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2017, 05:16:26 PM »

It is Luxemburg city. I just checked the "publication de mariage", my fault, could have done it earlier instead of speculating.
The groom is  a munich resident and Marie-Gabrielle is stated as living in Luxemburg-city. No former residence is mentioned which would imply that the residency is older than 6 months.

I wonder when she moved to Luxembourg.  Last I heard, she was living in Paris.   Thinking
melusina

Micro Member

Luxembourg Luxembourg

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2017, 05:36:44 PM »

I don't think that she's really living in Luxemburg. Last I heart is that after her studies in London, she's now living in Munich.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2017, 10:31:41 PM »

I don't think that she's really living in Luxemburg. Last I heart is that after her studies in London, she's now living in Munich.

Oh, so she's just lying for the application? 
melusina

Micro Member

Luxembourg Luxembourg

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2017, 09:59:50 AM »

Maybe, but maybe my info isn't accurate, or she stayed in Luxemburg for some time and is now working for a lux based company, or as a lux based free lancer, or whatever.

Luxemburgish residency is quite attractive for a number of reasons and many people are very inventive to retain it when moving abroad, or gain it without moving to Lux, but I think I'm moving now in OT territory.

Anyway, I don't mind her being married in Luxemburg, even as a result of a little fact twisting. I wonder if we'll get any information or pictures, they are after all considered private persons. And I'm curious whether they really will be married on a saturday, which would be highly unusual.  The "publication de mariage" is dated 22/03 and is public for 10 days, which means that a marriage can take place from 01/04/2017 to 01/04/2018. Any other confirmation of the date except Luxarrazi?
SpittingImage

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2017, 02:08:59 PM »

It is possible, in some countries (& Lux is one of them), to be considered legally "resident" in one place, while being legally "domiciled" in another.

I suspect this is the case of the couple in question here.

(It's usually, but not always, a tax thing.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: