Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Other Luxembourg members  (Read 15260 times)
melusina

Micro Member

Luxembourg Luxembourg

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2017, 08:52:17 PM »

Well, if the civil wedding is only the prelude to a huge religious wedding, you usually just invite the closest family, parents and siblings, not all of your cousins. Marie-Gabrielle has 15 cousins from her father's side, you add  her mom's side and all of the groom's cousins plus the spouses.... you're not out of the woods!
Margaretha is Jean's twin and they probably have this special, strong bond twins mostly have, hence her family's presence. As the wedding was taking place in Lux, the Grand-Ducs presence seems natural, as well as the grand-ducal juniors who happened to be around and had nothing else on their schedule.

I sincerely hope GD Jean was at least able to attend the family bash afterwards, his absence is a bit worrying.

Re Prince Jean's current wife's absence, no pretending to be a happy "famille récomposée" for sure Cool
Zazoo

Mini Member

Cyprus Cyprus

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2017, 08:58:39 PM »

congrats did they had also a religious ceremony?
it's seems odd gathering she looks a little bit frumpy and her dress is rather generous in the tamy area

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." ? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2017, 09:00:07 PM »

The group pic looks like it was taken at the palais, so I'm not sure if Jean was able to attend anything. I find it strange to have it in Lux and he is not attending, he is the grandfather so you would expect him to attend. Still strange that Guillaume who lives in Lux didn't attend as he is the uncle but Louis as the cousin came over from London for this and he wasn't even the witness.
No they had no religious ceremony, they just went into the cathedral to put down the flowers infront of the statue (and to make sure they were seen by everybody who is attending the Octave at the moment   Whistle).
Coya

Big Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2017, 09:03:18 PM »

I thought the same when I saw this pic

Yes, but since I don't really know the bride and her body shape I didn't want to make a comment about her belly pouch.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2017, 09:15:29 PM »

I thought the same when I saw this pic

I think that's just her body type.  Her body looked the same at Alix de Ligne's wedding last summer.  Thinking
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2017, 04:53:45 AM »

OMG...and here I thought he was another Korn dug out of a hole some place...and instead it's her. WHELLL, he fits in just fine 

Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2017, 02:41:19 PM »

The bride chose to have her wedding on her father's 60th birthday but didn't invite his wife. Very cheap behaviour, IMO.
jigmesjigga

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2017, 05:40:19 PM »

Apparently the religious ceremony will be held in Spain later this summer. Interesting.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2017, 07:58:04 PM »

Apparently the religious ceremony will be held in Spain later this summer. Interesting.

Have they set a date yet?   

I also find it interesting that they're doing the civil ceremony so far in advance (unless the wedding is in a few weeks).
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2017, 08:05:38 PM »

They haven't leaked it to the media yet but the next few weeks will be hectic for the Luxes, so if they are invited the wedding will probably not be before end of august. Sebastien will only graduate from Sandhurst mid august (his parents will attend and probably some of his siblings), they have the Octave, a state visit, the national day plus the garden parties etc, so having it soon doesn't seem likely to me. To bad that it is in Spain, as GD Jean will never be able to make it to Spain as he didn't even made it to Lux city to attend the civil wedding.
cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2017, 08:29:48 PM »

Louis was at the wedding. Do we know if he moved home from London?
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2017, 08:34:30 PM »

I thought he was studying/working in London but moving back to Lux seems possible. I also thought that Alex was studying in Dublin (according to the cour) and she was in Lux for Kate and for the wedding. Are there holidays in the UK/Ireland at the moment? Our universities don't have holidays at the moment and the semester is still running, so I was surprised to see both of them.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2017, 10:55:40 AM »

The semester in UK/Ireland is over and most universities are actually ending their final exams period (it depends from uni to uni, but late April/May is already finals season). Some universities in London are already done since early May, Dublin is finishing it now. So both Louis and Alex could already have finish their exams and back on Lux for some time off before getting the results.

I've a couple of friends that study in the UK and are already back home.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2017, 12:19:54 PM »

Thanks, so we can hope for them to attend the Octave as well. Here, the semester still goes until mid July (started beginning/mid April), with lots of written things to do during the holidays.
Zazoo

Mini Member

Cyprus Cyprus

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2017, 06:36:01 PM »

why in spain? is he from there? they live there? sor for my ignorance! Blush

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." ? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: