Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Other Luxembourg members  (Read 67898 times)
ArwenEleniel

Micro Member

Ukraine Ukraine

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: August 25, 2020, 11:02:22 PM »

Today HRH Prince Paul-Louis of Nassau was sworn in by Mr. François Bausch, Minister of Defense, as an officer of the Luxembourg army after having successfully completed his training at the Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst. His father, Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg, and his brother, Prince Léopold, as well as the Hereditary Grand Duke were present at the ceremony.

http://www.monarchie.lu/f...l-louis-nassau/index.html
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: August 27, 2020, 12:25:59 AM »

Back to red and puffy. Poor Gui!
Congrats Paul-Louis
LongMaySheReign

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: August 27, 2020, 01:02:09 AM »

The older Guillaume looks really proud of his son. Sweet. I've only ever heard good things about him and his wife Sibilla.
kbart

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: August 27, 2020, 09:25:41 AM »

Quick aside, the HGD is P-L's godfather, as well as his cousin. I suspect that is why he attended. P-L did one of the readings at the 2012 wedding for this reason....
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #169 on: August 27, 2020, 09:43:00 AM »

Congrats Paul-Louis

Oh dear, I thought he was a valet or something like that.. Secret
genegal43

Gigantic Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: August 27, 2020, 02:47:59 PM »

Congrats Paul-Louis

Mama must be back in town for him to puff up like that!

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
ralf103

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: August 27, 2020, 05:01:27 PM »

Congrats Paul-Louis

Mama must be back in town for him to puff up like that!

Hmm after what we have heard about MT it wouldn't surprise me if she is the cause!

Nice to see Gui support his godson and cousin.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: September 16, 2020, 08:26:41 PM »

Marie-Gabrielle de Nassau and husband Antonius had a second child, a son named Cajetan

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: September 17, 2020, 07:14:59 PM »

Marie-Gabrielle de Nassau and husband Antonius had a second child, a son named Cajetan

Cajetan and brother Zeno Philippe Leopold Marcus d'Aviano Willms....intersting first names

Zazoo

Small Member

Cyprus Cyprus

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: September 17, 2020, 07:48:39 PM »

Cajetan and brother Zeno Philippe Leopold Marcus d'Aviano Willms....intersting first names

Zeno is Italian name with Greek root (Ζηνων) mean of Zeus, or of life. Usually you hear it in north Italy.
Very cool name in my opinion. I have a cub named like that In my scout group.
Not a single idea about the other one is it spanish/portoguise?

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." ? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: September 17, 2020, 08:26:34 PM »

Zeno is Italian name with Greek root (Ζηνων) mean of Zeus, or of life. Usually you hear it in north Italy.
Very cool name in my opinion. I have a cub named like that In my scout group.
Not a single idea about the other one is it spanish/portoguise?

Cajetan - "Caieta" (now Gaeta) - form of the Italian given name Gaetano, which meant "from Caieta". Caieta (now called Gaeta) a town in ancient Italy, its name deriving either from Kaiadas, the name a Greek location where prisoners were executed, or else from Caieta, the name of the nurse of Aeneas. Saint Gaetano was a 16th-century Italian priest who founded the Theatines.
People with this name include: Thomas Cajetan (1469–1534), Italian Dominican theologian, cardinal, and opponent of Martin Luther.

Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: September 17, 2020, 10:49:29 PM »

And of course the Alba family, like the late duchess and the current duke.
Royal Di

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: December 23, 2020, 03:48:30 PM »

According to the Spanish magazine, VANITATIS, Prince Jean's son, Prince Constantin, was married yesterday in a civil ceremony:

Royal wedding and surprise in Luxembourg: a nephew of the Grand Duke marries his son's mother

Last surprise royal link of 2020, a year that has been characterized by secret weddings that we did not know about until they had already happened, such as that of Beatrice of York and Edo Mapelli, Eleonore of Habsburg and Jérome d'Ambrosio, Philippos of Greece and Nina Flohr, and Princess Raiyah of Jordan with Ned Donovan. And the last to sign up for this new trend caused by the coronavirus is Constantin of Luxembourg. This Tuesday, the prince gave the 'yes, I do' to his girlfriend of many years, Kathryn Mechie, in a civil ceremony. The couple already have a common child, Felix, who came into the world two years ago, but it was at this time that they wanted to pass by the altar. The little one did not miss the big date, sitting on his mother's lap and very attentive to everything that was going on around him.

For her big day, Kathryn opted for a white dress with an original neckline and long sleeves. The bride left her hair loose combed with waves and was barely wearing any jewelry. The bouquet was created around white lilies.

The groom is the second child of Prince Jean of Luxembourg, brother of Grand Duke Henry, and Héléne Vestur, whose marriage has a curious history. Jean met Héléne at a party and they started a romantic relationship. Although they had been dating for a short time, she became pregnant and the two decided to move on. Nine months later Marie-Gabrielle, the eldest, came into the world. She married Tono Willms a few years ago in Marbella in a dress designed by Caprile. They are parents of two children, Zeno and Cajetan.

As a daughter born out of wedlock, Marie-Gabrielle received no title. When she was barely a year old, her parents decided to marry and soon she became an older sister with the arrival of Constantin, who has now married, Wenceslas and Carl-Johan. Although his parents were already married, Grand Duke Jean also did not grant any title to Marie-Gabrielle's brothers.

The problem was that Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte did not accept Héléne and never wanted to meet her. With her grandchildren, she was a little more permissive and saw them from time to time. It was not until 1995 that the former Grand Duke ceded to the sons of Jean and Héléne the title of Counts of Nassau. In 2004, the now Grand Duke Henri decided that his nephews should live up to the rest of the family and turned them into princes with treatment of His Highness. Despite this 'ascent', they still have no dynastic rights and are not in the line of succession to the Luxembourg throne.

https://www.vanitatis.elc...n-kathryn-mechie_2884979/

(I'm not sure if the wedding took place in Luxembourg or not. Constantin's sister, Marie-Gabrielle, had her civil ceremony in Luxembourg, but later married in Spain.)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 04:29:28 PM by Royal Di » Logged
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: December 23, 2020, 04:14:44 PM »

Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: December 23, 2020, 04:18:32 PM »

Eurohistory says the wedding was civil and took place in Gibraltar.  Congratulations to the couple --but her dress!  The neckline!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: