Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aunt Magda  (Read 64607 times)
Victory

Huge Member

Sweden Sweden

Born Ruler & Head of State! Who is MeDiana?

Ignore
« on: December 16, 2010, 01:57:30 PM »

We just must have Aunt Magda in her own tread, this golfing and smoking legend!
She is such a treasure among the Princesses in Europe.
So here we go! Banana

Some facts:
Princess Birgitta of Sweden and Hohenzollern (Birgitta Ingeborg Alice, born 19 January 1937)
is a sister of King Carl XVI Gustaf.
She was born at Haga Palace in Stockholm County.

Magda in the middle

She is the second child of late Prince Gustaf Adolf, Duke of Västerbotten, and late Princess Sibylla of Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha and a granddaughter of late King Gustaf VI Adolf.
Her sisters are Princess Margaretha, Mrs. Ambler, Princess Désirée, Baroness Silfverschiöld, and Princess Christina, Mrs. Magnuson.
She is the estranged wife of HSH Prince Johann Georg of Hohenzollern.
Among her sisters she alone married a man of princely status, and, in keeping with the tradition that royal princesses who marry royal princes retain their premarital styles, Princess Birgitta retained her Swedish style of Royal Highness.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w...incess_Birgitta_of_Sweden

On a visit in 1959 to friends and relatives in Germany, the princess met her future husband at a cocktail party.
On 15 December 1960, her engagement to Johann Georg Carl Leopold Eitel-Friedrich Meinrad Maria Hubertus Michael, Prince of Hohenzollern (b. 1932), was announced.

The civil ceremony took place at the Royal Palace of Stockholm on 25 May 1961, and the religious in the Sankt Johann Church at the bridegroom's Family Palace of Sigmaringen on 30 May/ 31 July 1961.

Prince Johann Georg and Princess Birgitta separated in 1990, though they remain legally married.
She lives on the island Majorca in Spain, while her husband, known as "Hansi," lives in Munich and is the director of a museum.
They have 3 kids.

Hansi has a new woman and Birgitta has her wine, cigarettes, golf and sun!

At Victorias wedding
"
One of the lovely posters on our rousing royal wedding live post remarked that Princess Birgitta here, the second of the king’s four sisters, sort of resembles a character out of Star Wars, and now I can’t unsee it.  

It’s something about the way the tiara is placed in her hair, I think — usually we see this tiara, Queen Sophie’s Nine-Prong Diamond Tiara, up on top of the wearer’s head.  
It’s a little strange to see the Pronger out front and center like this, and I think that’s what’s making her look a little sci-fi.

Of course, the Majorcan tan probably isn’t helping, either.  Birgitta, the only one of the king’s sisters who didn’t lose her title when she married (because she didn’t marry a commoner), lives on the Spanish island, while her husband, Prince Johann George of Hohenzollern (from whom she’s been separated for two decades) lives in Germany.  
Maybe, erm, a bit of sunblock, Your Royal Highness?
"

The gala concert at Vick´s wedding

Random photos

Magda to the right in a lovely hat!  

« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 02:43:02 PM by Victory » Logged
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 02:06:09 PM »

*I will ALWAYS use sunscreen* *I will ALWAYS use sunscreen* *I wil ALWAYS use sunscreen*

Nerves Nerves Nerves

Thanks Victory Champagne Interesting to see the development. Do you know why they haven't divorced?
Victory

Huge Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 02:14:42 PM »

*I will ALWAYS use sunscreen* *I will ALWAYS use sunscreen* *I wil ALWAYS use sunscreen*

Nerves Nerves Nerves

Thanks Victory Champagne Interesting to see the development. Do you know why they haven't divorced?

Think it has to do with practical things, she will loose her HRH-title if she divorce, she is very found of that title.
And Hansi also get´s a bit of glamour being married to a real Princess. But he as a young toygirl in Munich.

Last summer she was invited for a small, private dinner at a friends place in Mallorca.
Her friend called her and asked "What title will I use to introduce you to my other guests"?
Magda answered; "Use the title I have; Her Royal Highness Princess Birgitta of Sweden and Hohenzollern"  Champagne
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 02:33:25 PM by Victory » Logged
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 02:15:48 PM »

We just must have Aunt Magda in her own tread, this walking and smoking legend!
She is such a treasure among the Princesses in Europe.

In this picture we can see how she started tanning looong ago  Sad
Thanks for the thread dedicated to this treasure Victory    Star

Victory

Huge Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 02:23:31 PM »

Cheers Clara and Maria  Star
 Beer

Who at RD invented the Aunt Magda name?
Think I asked before, but can´t recall..? Does anybody remember how that started? Thinking

(Notice, she has the same bolero-fur jacket as she had on Vic´s wedding. This pic is a couple of years old)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 02:37:37 PM by Victory » Logged
Victory

Huge Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 02:32:21 PM »

Secret               Secret                        Secret

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 02:35:31 PM »

Laugh bounce Laugh bounce Laugh bounce
Idun

Huge Member

Vatican City State Vatican City State

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 03:23:22 PM »

Think I asked before, but can´t recall..? Does anybody remember how that started? Thinking

(Notice, she has the same bolero-fur jacket as she had on Vic´s wedding. This pic is a couple of years old)

I think Ms Golightly is our main suspect  Secret she's usually the one who comes up with these hilarious names. I was about to say wonderful thread... but my!  Shocked this is more sad!  Star for your efforts Victory, and Maria  Star ITA, I'll never ever forget to use sunscreen after this  Nerves darn, I'm so scared I almost feel like getting it now... in the middle of a snow storm.
ginnis1
Banned
Large Member

United States United States

Sea

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 06:57:31 PM »

SHEESH she is HORROR!!!!!
irishthanhy

Medium Member

I think I'll need a stiff drink.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 10:05:50 PM »

She definitely had the beginnings of her sun damaged look here.

-Le Phuong Thanh
*All opinions expressed above are mine and are subject to human error.*
*Never underestimate my ability to turn anything into a graphic.*

You've probably never heard of it.
danishorphan

Warned
Gigantic Member

Papua New Guinea Papua New Guinea

Lives to fill her hollow leg!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2010, 10:21:10 PM »

Star vic
a true cautionary tale. and who is right behind her emulating her sunworshipping....but our own little madde. mads has already got that reptilian look to her skin....

i think aunti magda came for that movie with Carman Diaz, a comedy that was called....something about mary???

The truth will eventually be revealed!
Clover

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 10:39:35 PM »

Secret               Secret                        Secret

Laugh bounce Laugh bounce Laugh bounce Laugh bounce  This is such a sad comparison, so sad but unfortunately true.

Mab

Mini Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 11:31:56 PM »

Some people are talking about this lady like she is Kate Moss starting to go off in a big way (and by the way I think Kate Moss is yucky) and oh, dear isn't it so awful and almost shameful - rather than a lady of 73 who has obviously lived, laughed, loved, wined, smoked and dined and loved in royal style over many decades - and if she looks like she did, well at least she DID! She has every right to look knackered out now.  It cannot be easy for her to look in the mirror and see the wreckage of youth and beauty.  It's not easy for anyone, and almost worse for those who had it and lost it rather than those who never had beauty and allure in the first place.  But this old girl always strikes me as being upbeat, ready for the next thing life will throw her - I take my hat off to her and think she is probably good fun  Champagne to old Magda
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 11:52:29 PM »

Cheers Clara and Maria  Star
 Beer

I think that the name Aunt Magda was created by our very own Michelle J.  There was a nasty character in the film "There's Something About Mary" called Magda who was leathered just like Aunt Magda.  Michelle J creatively started calling her Aunt Magda.  She deserves all the credit. Thumb up

I also think that the world's tobacco companies should be giving our beloved Aunt Magda a life-long pension.  Clearly she's a devoted customer.  She's a good advertisement for their products Thumb up
Holly Golightly

Gigantic Member

New Caledonia New Caledonia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2010, 01:45:20 PM »

I think Ms Golightly is our main suspect  Secret

I suspect you may be correct Idun Secret Secret

http://royaldish.com/inde.../topicseen.html#msg188306

http://royaldish.com/inde.../topicseen.html#msg196125

But I'm pretty sure that Michelle J is/was responsible for "Butter Teef", my favourite RD nickname!   Laugh bounce Laugh bounce

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: