Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Eugenie News  (Read 184849 times)
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #1155 on: February 21, 2021, 03:23:12 AM »

I like Master August's names.   
I like the fact that Queen Victoria's husband's full name was stated: Francis Albert Augustus Charles Emmanuel.     
How many people know that Prince Albert's first name is Francis?

I did not know that, and I too was surprised. The name probably comes from his paternal grandfather - Francis Frederick Anthony, Duke of Saxe Coburg Saalfeld.

I found a couple of other instances of August/August while nosing about the Saxe Coburg's :

Albert's mother was Louise Dorothea Pauline Charlotte Fredericka Auguste and her father was Emil Leopold August.

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."  Theodore Roosevelt
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1156 on: February 21, 2021, 08:43:27 AM »

august is an elegant name and philippe is a timeless name, about hawk i have to say that i never heard it before
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1157 on: February 21, 2021, 10:52:47 PM »

I love the names! The photos were wonderful!
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1158 on: February 21, 2021, 11:54:27 PM »

I like Master August's names.   
I like the fact that Queen Victoria's husband's full name was stated: Francis Albert Augustus Charles Emmanuel.     
How many people know that Prince Albert's first name is Francis?

I did not know that, and I too was surprised. The name probably comes from his paternal grandfather - Francis Frederick Anthony, Duke of Saxe Coburg Saalfeld.

I found a couple of other instances of August/August while nosing about the Saxe Coburg's :

Albert's mother was Louise Dorothea Pauline Charlotte Fredericka Auguste and her father was Emil Leopold August.

Lady Liebe, We have certainly learned a lot about the names of ancestors from Saxe-Coburg.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1159 on: February 22, 2021, 01:20:26 PM »

Well I find August not quite to my liking. It is an old but not really fancy name. In Germany's south the name used to be quite popular up until the mid of 20.cen. - all of those poor dears suffered the nickname Gustl - imo the epitome of "bäuerlich" rural farmboy..
Also anybody remember Gussy the goose?
Hawke is great, one of the many manly names you find in those romance novel, in which the guys have names like Hawk, Hunter, etc... Angel
In any case I love the name Philipp, for it's sound and for the sweet nod to Gramps...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
fruela

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #1160 on: February 23, 2021, 12:44:51 PM »

Anyone's normal family pictures. All the focus on the baby,his delighted parents' bundle of joy and pride. Well-done, Mr and Mrs Brooksbank.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1161 on: February 23, 2021, 12:52:22 PM »

August Philip Hawke Brooksbank.

Absolutely, totally adorable.

https://www.instagram.com...lpuK/?igshid=8yp70gn13fj6
I love Philip as a name in general and the node to her grandpa is asbolutely sweet (and expected), but I don't like August at all, it sounds very strange to me and it also seems very old fashioned - for being the first name of a kid, in 21st century.

My first thoughts when hearing August were the same.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1162 on: February 24, 2021, 09:41:49 AM »

Another 'August' born this week:

"...Actress and singer Mandy Moore and her husband Taylor Goldsmith have their first child. It is a boy who has been given the name August Harrison. Moore announced this on Instagram on Tuesday...."
emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1163 on: February 24, 2021, 10:31:46 AM »

August Philip Hawke Brooksbank.

Absolutely, totally adorable.

https://www.instagram.com...lpuK/?igshid=8yp70gn13fj6
I love Philip as a name in general and the node to her grandpa is asbolutely sweet (and expected), but I don't like August at all, it sounds very strange to me and it also seems very old fashioned - for being the first name of a kid, in 21st century.

My first thoughts when hearing August were the same.

I think you’ll find these sorts of names making a big comeback, especially amongst the upper circles August will go to school with. It’s a natural progression from the Arthurs of a couple of years ago.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #1164 on: February 24, 2021, 04:30:03 PM »

August is a very, very powerful, serious and substantial name. (May I say, much more so than Archie or Archewell. )

So true Hester.

And this baby will have a strong and loving family behind him. Unlike poor Archie, who only has......

IS O/T!
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1165 on: February 24, 2021, 04:43:09 PM »

Here's hoping Philip rallies soon to meet his newest great grandson, and namesake!
Booklover

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1166 on: February 24, 2021, 06:13:27 PM »

Is Gus short for August? Not crazy about August but I love Augustus. No matter, the baby is adorable and I wish them well. Also sending positive vibes to Prince Phillip for a quick recovery. Am presently the newest biography by Ingrid Seward. Very interesting so far, he has been the queens greatest support and has done a superb job.
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1167 on: Yesterday at 12:14:42 AM »

Gus is a diminutive for August or Augustus.
emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1168 on: Yesterday at 01:12:14 AM »

Gus is a diminutive for August or Augustus.

And to refer to the post about Mandy Moore’s baby, she has already referred to him as Gus on instagram.

Either Gus or Augie would be diminutives of August.

ETA: MM also posted today about how they came up with the name. I wonder if she has been accused of copying Eug?
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1169 on: Yesterday at 01:36:40 AM »

Wait, Mette Marit knows about the origins of the name or do you mean someone else with MM?
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: