Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 100   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Eugenie News  (Read 279200 times)
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1290 on: June 22, 2021, 07:45:36 PM »

... Here's a question for our Anglican posters, does the COE recognize baptism in other denominations? I'm asking because I was wondering if the baptisms could be done at Balmoral? 

Most mainstream churches will recognise a baptism that uses water and the Trinitarian Formula:

According to the doctrines of Roman Catholicism, Oriental Orthodoxy, Eastern Orthodoxy, and most forms of Protestantism, such as Lutheranism and Anglicanism, a baptism is not valid unless the Trinitarian formula is used in the administration of that sacrament.

https://en.wikipedia.org/...an_formula#Use_in_baptism

My own Anglican infant baptism was valid when I was received into and was confirmed in the Roman Catholic church.

Thank you, Athena. I knew our RC baptisms were accepted when we joined the Presbyterian Church, though we did have to show our certificates. I'd heard of a few denominations that required another baptism, to fit the whys and wherefores of their precepts.

Both CoE and the Presbyterians use the Trinitarian formula  - a look at the CoE baptismal service online compared to the Presbyterian Book of Common Worship shows them to be very very much alike, word for word in many cases. 

I didn’t know that baptisms were - transferable (sorry couldn’t think of a better word).  Thanks for the info!
Aubiette

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1291 on: June 29, 2021, 07:32:41 PM »

Princess Eugenie, a Patron of the @elephantfamily, has taken baby August to see the life-size elephant sculptures in London’s Green Park - “Within The Tea Timers herd is a wonderful baby elephant called Assam August - and it was such a pleasure to take my August to meet him 🐘”

https://twitter.com/lizzi.../1409915632410365964?s=21
anneboleyn

Warned
Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1292 on: June 29, 2021, 10:11:56 PM »

What a sweet little story. I didn't realize she was a patron of anything but how lovely for her to make time for them, even though she's probably still on mat leave!

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #1293 on: June 29, 2021, 10:26:48 PM »

Very cute. Little Master Brooksbank, from a distance, looks like his Great Granny the Queen, or Winston Churchill. Take your pick.

Smiley

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies.     CS Lewis
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1294 on: June 29, 2021, 10:48:52 PM »

What a sweet little story. I didn't realize she was a patron of anything but how lovely for her to make time for them, even though she's probably still on mat leave!

Both Beatrice and Eugenie have about 15 or so patronages. They used to be listed on the British monarchy website but when they did the update a few years ago they removed the York girls list from there (maybe they were concerned that both girls had more patronages than Catherine had at the time).
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #1295 on: June 29, 2021, 11:15:29 PM »

This is from Gert's Royals. There may be a few others that have not been added:

http://gertsroyals.blogsp...s-eugenie-patronages.html

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies.     CS Lewis
AutumnOpal

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1296 on: June 30, 2021, 01:29:37 AM »

Those elephants are so cool and very beautiful, I'm glad she posted b/c I wouldn't have seen them otherwise
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1297 on: June 30, 2021, 01:50:26 AM »

This is from Gert's Royals. There may be a few others that have not been added:

http://gertsroyals.blogsp...s-eugenie-patronages.html

That list is the same that the British monarchy website had. 2017 is about when they updated so the only way to know if they have added a new one is to watch their instagram etc to see if they are involved in a new patronage.

I know that Elephant Family came about because she was at an event for Elephant Family in NYC on the day that Camilla's brother died. He had been at that event as well. The patrons of Elephant Family also include Charles and Camilla.
anneboleyn

Warned
Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1298 on: June 30, 2021, 03:51:48 AM »

Both Beatrice and Eugenie have about 15 or so patronages. They used to be listed on the British monarchy website but when they did the update a few years ago they removed the York girls list from there (maybe they were concerned that both girls had more patronages than Catherine had at the time).

That's awesome that even though they're not working royals and whatnot, they still have patronages and stuff. They're such an under-estimated asset to the family.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1299 on: July 12, 2021, 01:28:27 AM »

Is this absolutely true: The cancelling of Master August's christening?   
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9777651
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1300 on: July 12, 2021, 01:36:46 AM »

Who knows.  There's never been any sort of statement regarding anything about a christening...which is normal for the great-grandkids beyond the Cambridge kids and Archie.  It's either complete fantasy or someone told the press for some reason.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #1301 on: July 12, 2021, 02:39:51 AM »

Who knows.  There's never been any sort of statement regarding anything about a christening...which is normal for the great-grandkids beyond the Cambridge kids and Archie.  It's either complete fantasy or someone told the press for some reason.

If this isn't a complete flight of fancy, it's only a postponement, not a cancellation.

Emac0914

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #1302 on: July 12, 2021, 06:25:53 PM »

https://www.hellomagazine...-baby-august-christening/

This article explains the cancellation/postponement - COVID issue with one of the guests at last minute.
anneboleyn

Warned
Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1303 on: July 12, 2021, 07:18:06 PM »

How disappointing for Eugenie and family. Hopefully they are able to re-schedule for a time where the Queen is able to attend.

Emac0914

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #1304 on: July 12, 2021, 10:11:27 PM »

How disappointing for Eugenie and family. Hopefully they are able to re-schedule for a time where the Queen is able to attend.

I was thinking the same thing - when will COVID get to a point where it doesn’t keep cancelling or postponing things.  Ready for more normalcy but now we have the Delta variant spiking #s in people who didn’t get a vaccine. 😕
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 100   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: