Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Eugenie News  (Read 255279 times)
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1410 on: August 08, 2021, 12:23:53 PM »

Never mind the staff at the pizza parlor. I am quite amazed that Andrew remembers that he was there 20 years before...esp. considering that the particularity of the date wasn't know n to him. It was a regular: "Ok, lets have pizza, before we go home" supper, not a birthday, anniversary or celebration of the first tooth, hockey game victory or such... and even that would be hard to remember....
But perhaps he has a diary just like the old times....

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1411 on: August 08, 2021, 04:55:28 PM »

Never mind the staff at the pizza parlor. I am quite amazed that Andrew remembers that he was there 20 years before...esp. considering that the particularity of the date wasn't know n to him. It was a regular: "Ok, lets have pizza, before we go home" supper, not a birthday, anniversary or celebration of the first tooth, hockey game victory or such... and even that would be hard to remember....
But perhaps he has a diary just like the old times....

Iím amazed too Fairy. Amazed that anyone would buy this, but there it is.

Topic?  

Well, at least the Yorks have plenty of spin experience to draw upon for this latest peccadillo. Not that they will use it correctly butÖ..
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1412 on: August 08, 2021, 05:10:39 PM »

It amazes me the York sisters have turned out as well as they have considering their parents.

Maybe they didnít after all.

I've never been fond of the Yorkies, thinking time would tell.  Their latest actions are IMO telling.

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1413 on: August 08, 2021, 05:35:23 PM »

Ladies this is old old news ... why is it getting a rerun now ?

I would not expect Andrews family to do anything other than remain silent.... we can agree Fergie has no idea.

And any probity and tut tutting should start at the top .... his mother who has also remained silent and turned her head away
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1414 on: August 08, 2021, 07:02:42 PM »

I think if a royal came into a shop I was working at, Iíd remember. I met crown prince Haakon in a grocery store in Berkeley just a few weeks after Diana died and I remember everything. Pretty sure he doesnít, of course.

If it is a one-off maybe but Woking is quite close to where Andrew lives so it is likely he was a regular visitor.

I notice you said 'a few weeks' - what was the exact date and time ... because that is the detail that is needed in this case.

I could dig it up from my paper diaries/calendar. I'm going to say late August, around the time UC Berkeley was starting its fall semester. I remember because I asked Haakon if he had security (I didn't see them) and he said yes. I figured out who the security guy was on my way out of the store and made sure he saw the N on the back of my car.
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1415 on: August 08, 2021, 07:05:52 PM »

Not sure which thread to put this, as I just saw recently that there may be bad blood with the Yorks because William didn't invite Fergie to his wedding. I'll go out on a limb and think that William did not have the last word on his guest list by any stretch. If PP was there and he didn't want Fergie, Fergie was not going to be there, full stop. I cannot see blaming William for this.

I'd never had the impression he did not like or wasn't close to the York cousins. Maybe closer to Zara and Peter because they grew up closer in age and doing more things together. But who knows? Charles and William's job is to protect the Crown as long as the good people of GB feel like having a Crown.

At least RD is a safe place for speculation of all kinds of things royal. It's why it's so marvelous! Angel
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1416 on: August 08, 2021, 07:37:09 PM »

I remember that for a while at least the Yorkies and the Wales boys spent skiing holidays together. Maybe that was when all the parents were still married? But there was already enough of an age gap between William and Eug where he would probably be super bored by hanging out with his younger cousins. I agree that William and Beatrice have the typical oldest child temperament more sensitive and cautious and not needing to act up for attention.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #1417 on: August 08, 2021, 07:49:36 PM »

I think if a royal came into a shop I was working at, Iíd remember. I met crown prince Haakon in a grocery store in Berkeley just a few weeks after Diana died and I remember everything. Pretty sure he doesnít, of course.

If it is a one-off maybe but Woking is quite close to where Andrew lives so it is likely he was a regular visitor.

I notice you said 'a few weeks' - what was the exact date and time ... because that is the detail that is needed in this case.

I could dig it up from my paper diaries/calendar. I'm going to say late August, around the time UC Berkeley was starting its fall semester. I remember because I asked Haakon if he had security (I didn't see them) and he said yes. I figured out who the security guy was on my way out of the store and made sure he saw the N on the back of my car.

Is that N for Norway?
jolene

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1418 on: August 08, 2021, 07:59:03 PM »

I remember that for a while at least the Yorkies and the Wales boys spent skiing holidays together. Maybe that was when all the parents were still married? But there was already enough of an age gap between William and Eug where he would probably be super bored by hanging out with his younger cousins. I agree that William and Beatrice have the typical oldest child temperament more sensitive and cautious and not needing to act up for attention.
I remember the sisters skiing with the boys after Diana's death when the girls were still small.
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1419 on: August 08, 2021, 08:01:35 PM »

Is that N for Norway?

Yes. The first time I went to Europe (Belgium) I was fascinated by the oval car stickers on everyone's bumpers. I began collecting them from every country I visited. I put the N on my car after my year abroad there.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1420 on: August 08, 2021, 08:35:22 PM »

LOL!!! Haakon probably remembers too: that was the 27 of August and I was in that store when that woman rushed towards me and demanded to know if I had security. Jeez I almost peed my pants and just managed to say "yyes" before my bodyguards could steer her away. I remember that on the way out I saw her car and she had a N for nutjob on the bumper... I have never been in a store since.
 Angel Hug

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
LadyBunion

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1421 on: August 08, 2021, 09:10:28 PM »

I can see the staff at the Ivy or the Chiltern Firehouse not remembering specific dates for royal visits, but Pizza Express is the pizza equivalent of McDonalds. I canít see Andrew being a regular, somehow, and none of the staff of the time remembered him ever being there at all.

I canít imagine many of the staff at a place like that even recognised him in a photo never mind in person.... realistically they are teenagers earning some cash and unless it was the Queen I cannot see a high recognition factor.... we are talking of times pre social media etc

just under 30 years ago I was on Ark Royal for University staff / Royal Navy visit. As I was walking around looking for wherever I was supposed to be a naval officer came along and I thought "gosh I recognise him" but couldn't quite place him.....
He reappeared several times during the day acting as a real  goon when some of us were having our group photos done and later watching some of the air displays- at the end of the day he (Prince Andrew) flew off in his royal helicopter while we all went in the naval aircraft. Sorry can't remember the date to give him an alibi
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1422 on: August 08, 2021, 09:19:51 PM »

LOL!!! Haakon probably remembers too: that was the 27 of August and I was in that store when that woman rushed towards me and demanded to know if I had security. Jeez I almost peed my pants and just managed to say "yyes" before my bodyguards could steer her away. I remember that on the way out I saw her car and she had a N for nutjob on the bumper... I have never been in a store since.
 Angel Hug

Ha ha, Fairy! It gets better. I looked at him and smiled (I knew he was a student at Berkeley) and asked if he was CP Haakon and he said yes, and I blabbed something incoherent in Norwegian, probably along the lines of "I love your country, studied there" and other inanities. Being polite, he proceeded to ask me about how the mops worked. We were in the cleaning aisle. I knew just what he was talking about because mops in Norway are a rag you tie on the the end of your stick. Then you can wash and reuse the rag. The American mops are not that straightforward and have sponges that may or may not be able to be taken off and replaced. Internally, I marveled that he even knew about mopping, and wondered if he had had to do chores growing up where he would have to mop. Our conversation, such as it was, was around the cleaning supplies and he thanked me for the advice, got a mop and off we went. We may haven even chatted about the local Norwegians that we both knew. He was very polite, not overly friendly but not haughty, and much, much better looking in person. I asked the security question when he was behind me in the checkout line, which is when I noticed the security guy, looking very much like any blond surfer dude, waiting outside. But he had an earpiece and some kind of device on his waist, which made me think he had fancy communication.

Naturally, I have told this story thousands of times! When I got home and told my husband, he joked that he had run into Princess Caroline and had been asked for lunch at the palace. I digress. Clearly this anecdote belongs in the Norwegian thread. 
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1423 on: August 08, 2021, 09:31:20 PM »

What a fabulously funny and sweet and slightly surreal anecdote... to meet a prince (eligible and handsome) and out of all things you talk about mops and rags and cleaning supplies.. 

Mary's life motto:
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1424 on: August 08, 2021, 11:40:30 PM »

What a fabulously funny and sweet and slightly surreal anecdote... to meet a prince (eligible and handsome) and out of all things you talk about mops and rags and cleaning supplies.. 

I even have a thank-you from the Palace. I sent him a bunch of books from the publisher I was working for at the time. I sent them to him via the local grande dame of All Things Norwegian, and many weeks later, I received a kind thank-you from the Konghuset. I was thrilled. Would never do such a thing now, of course.

When Dishers meet royals, I love reading the anecdotes. Quite a few have encountered royals in person. 
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: