Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Eugenie News  (Read 291104 times)
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1485 on: November 01, 2021, 10:57:16 PM »

Eugenie is qualified for the job and there is no suggestion that she doesn't turn up at the start of the working day and works a full day. Without proof it is just speculation and a desire to vilify a girl because of who she is rather than giving her credit for doing a full days work. I prefer to believe she is genuine until there is proof to the contrary.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #1486 on: November 02, 2021, 12:23:02 AM »

Eugenie is qualified for the job and there is no suggestion that she doesn't turn up at the start of the working day and works a full day. Without proof it is just speculation and a desire to vilify a girl because of who she is rather than giving her credit for doing a full days work. I prefer to believe she is genuine until there is proof to the contrary.

I’m sure she means well.
Aubiette

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1487 on: November 03, 2021, 05:03:38 PM »

Earlier this week our co-founders, HRH Princess Eugenie, and Julia de Boinville, were delighted to visit @bramberbake where they took part in a baking class with survivors of #modernslavery

https://twitter.com/TASC_.../1455881605482954753?s=20

Gemsheal

Large Member

Wishing everyone a Happy and Bright New Year!

Ignore
« Reply #1488 on: November 03, 2021, 08:12:42 PM »

I always have a negative impression of both Eugenie and her sister, no matter what good causes they support.  

If one or the other worked hard at "real" jobs, or, had really accomplished something, outside of being trust-funded upperclass semi-fashionistas who happen to have an HRH and some charitable interests, I might like them more.  They are both beyond 30 now so I have no expectations, but also no admiration.

I didn't realise that working in an art gallery, for which one is qualified via a degree wasn't a 'real job'.

Since this and your other comment were more or less directed at MY comment, let me say this:   

"Princess" Eugenie may indeed work a full day at the art gallery.   Sometimes.   And maybe she has some stress about the work.  Sometimes.  But I'm 99.9 certain that the art gallery she works for gives her plenty of time off, and that it's time off for the asking.   She's the granddaughter of the Queen of England - who's gonna be the Scrooge that says "no, Princess Eugenie, you have to work Monday through Friday, 9 to 6, and you can't go to Ascot."   "No, Princess Eugenie, you can't take off to appear with your co-founder at this or that charity event."   

Please.  Let's not pretend that Eugenie, or her sister for that matter, or that Maria Olympia, or Infanta Sofia of Spain, or any of the Dutch spares, are going to have to put their nose to the grindstone.  They are cushioned from a lot of life's challenges, one of which is finding a decent job, with benefits, that will support one and one's family, by money, and their entitled birth(s).   I'm not saying it's an absolute free pass, of course they will have troubles and problems in their personal lives that can't be avoided, but MOST of us have to provide legitimate excuses to miss even an hour of work and provide the excuse with plenty of advance notice before we can get time off.   That's just a real issue for real (ordinary) people.       

And if this belief of mine is “vilifying” poor pampered trust-funded Eugenie, so be it.     

“Because to take away a man's freedom of choice, even his freedom to make the wrong choice, is to manipulate him as though he were a puppet and not a person.”

― Madeline L'Engle
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1489 on: November 03, 2021, 08:42:41 PM »

I imagine there are hard working, underpaid art gallery young workers who do not get the privileges of employment like Eugenie.

I just can’t figure out why no one in those positions doesn’t just try to do regular work, get a real skill, and work hard, ignoring the life of excess and privilege they are born to. Just to do it, prove themselves. I think I just see so few folks of this ilk as having much substance.

David Linley maybe?
Anyone else?
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1490 on: November 03, 2021, 10:56:55 PM »

Those that do, most likely are not on our radar...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1491 on: November 04, 2021, 12:03:53 AM »

The simple fact is we do NOT know what hours Eugenie works. We do know she is QUALIFIED for the job.

People prefer to believe she isn't working hard at her job (and she is probably still on maternity leave at the moment as well - UK allows 52 weeks of maternity leave so she isn't taking time off to do events at the moment).

I prefer to believe that she is using her university education to do her work and her work involves her going to a lot of places to buy/sell art for her gallery and for clients at her gallery (that was explained as her actual job some time ago) which is why she travels a lot - to go to art shows and auctions.

She attends ONE event most years with the royals - Trooping the Colour. This year the only event she has attended was Philip's funeral and that was on a Saturday. Last year she didn't do any royal events.

She is also entitled to six weeks annual leave on full pay which she can take however she likes.

Sorry if I prefer to believe the best in people rather than the worst.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1492 on: November 04, 2021, 12:26:23 AM »

I think it didn't help Eugenie's cause when she first was hired and all of those stories came out about how much vacation time she was taking, and how the firm/gallery/whatever had to step in and tell her to stop taking her vacation days. 

Maybe she's changed her work ethic since then, but unfortunately her initial reputation as a working gal was tainted by her lack of actual working.
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1493 on: November 04, 2021, 01:21:47 AM »

A lot of those so-called 'vacation days' were actually work related but the media, not understanding the nature of her work assumed they were vacations. The firm decided to use her differently to stop the bad publicity. What she was doing was going to art auctions and art shows that take place on weekends and often in 'holiday cities'. The media then assumed that as she was there on a Wednesday or Thursday, because they saw her out at dinner, that she was on holiday not realising that she was working on the Friday-Saturday-Sunday. Now she only attends those events when they are on during the 'working week'.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1494 on: November 04, 2021, 01:29:57 AM »

I think the reality is somewhere in the middle!   Beer

I did some reading online before I posted my comment because I didn't want to post something based on faulty recollections from a few years ago, and there were several articles about how she was told to stop taking vacation and show up. 

Given the nature of the media, I'm not surprised there were no follow up articles saying that she had buckled down and was showing up and working.
jerry4

Baby Member

Brazil Brazil

Ignore
« Reply #1495 on: November 04, 2021, 01:33:30 AM »

York's can't win
If they don't work, they're lazy
If they work, they are taking the place of someone else "more dedicated or more qualified" or they are still not fulfilling
And the times I saw Eugenie talking about art and her kind of work, in my view, she understands a lot, you know what she's talking about
What do I know, when Eugenie was in NYC she was often photographed along with the team that was working (going to lunch, coming back, arriving, leaving)

Yes, luvcharles that happened a lot, and as they technically don't live off taxpayers' money if they were holidays and holidays no one would have to care....
Maybe a little off, but those who live off taxpayers' money and live on holiday are not so criticized Whistle

Sorry about my English...
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1496 on: November 04, 2021, 06:21:04 AM »

I think the reality is somewhere in the middle!   Beer

I did some reading online before I posted my comment because I didn't want to post something based on faulty recollections from a few years ago, and there were several articles about how she was told to stop taking vacation and show up. 

Given the nature of the media, I'm not surprised there were no follow up articles saying that she had buckled down and was showing up and working.

There are 'media reports' but nothing from the actual place of work - because her workplace knew the truth. Sadly the media prefers to make up their own stories with no real basis in fact.
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #1497 on: November 06, 2021, 04:53:26 PM »

Eugenie was at COP26 too:

https://www.hellomagazine...fitted-black-dress-cop26/

The royal shared some clips and photos on her Instagram page of her at the second day of the summit, with the first part of her day focusing on the oceans, as she sat in talks and met with representatives to discuss blue carbon research. She also visited a makeshift polar base camp, where she presumably heard about the effects of climate change in the Arctic regions.

No word on how she traveled up and back, but I will say she did look good!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies.     CS Lewis
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #1498 on: January 14, 2022, 11:35:29 AM »

Here’s a thread for Eugenie.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: