Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 63   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Eugenie News  (Read 156001 times)
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #885 on: November 23, 2020, 03:31:40 PM »

I don't think there is anything more to it than:

1. Frog Holler stands empty.

2. Harold and his wife will not be coming back to England. 

3. Harold is paying or has payed out rent for Frog Holler to stand empty.

4. The Brooksbanks need more room than Ivy Cottage can spare with Baby Brooksbank coming.

5. Eug/Andrew has money to spend.

6. Harold could probably use the money.

7. If/When Harold ever comes back, there are hotels, random apartments in different palaces, cottages about, for him to have a lay about.

8. Harold needs some good PR, ex. "I gave away my home for my cousin!"

I doubt there is any talk of promoting Eug to working royal status.  Especially as Bea would have to be promoted first and there is no sentiment or desire here for taxpayers to take on Bea and Eug, when we just got rid of the other two.
Aubiette

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #886 on: November 23, 2020, 03:46:47 PM »

Frankly I donít see why the Hollywood folks require a permanent Royal property in the UK and while I find this arrangement strange, perhaps it is a step to something else. Either temporary for Eugenie while they sort out permanent living arrangements or an eventual way out for the other two. Eugenie is newly married, about to be a mom. I would think that she would want to create and decorate her own home. Nest. Not live the Harkles AirBNB. Time will tell.
I wouldnít mind the girls taking on a couple of charities/engagements here and there to help. Part time, paid per engagement type of thing if they want to participate, as the elders age out.
jolene

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #887 on: November 23, 2020, 06:24:14 PM »

The lilypad belongs to the crown estate, doesn't it? It was basically loaned to whoever needed it, right?
Snow Queen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #888 on: November 23, 2020, 06:39:42 PM »

I don't think there is anything more to it than:

1. Frog Holler stands empty.

2. Harold and his wife will not be coming back to England. 

3. Harold is paying or has payed out rent for Frog Holler to stand empty.

4. The Brooksbanks need more room than Ivy Cottage can spare with Baby Brooksbank coming.

5. Eug/Andrew has money to spend.

6. Harold could probably use the money.

7. If/When Harold ever comes back, there are hotels, random apartments in different palaces, cottages about, for him to have a lay about.

8. Harold needs some good PR, ex. "I gave away my home for my cousin!"

I doubt there is any talk of promoting Eug to working royal status.  Especially as Bea would have to be promoted first and there is no sentiment or desire here for taxpayers to take on Bea and Eug, when we just got rid of the other two.

This  Star There is no reason for Frog Cottage to sit empty for 99% of the year after such an expensive renovation, it seems wasteful. The Brooksbanks family is expanding and its a good location for them. Also, itís clear HAM arenít coming back to the UK any time soon. I think this is a win for everyone. Time will tell if itís meant to be Eugenie and Jacks permanent home or just for a couple of years.
Booklover

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #889 on: November 24, 2020, 12:36:10 AM »

Are Eugenie and Jack giving up Ivy cottage at KP? And where does Bea live?
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Amaryllis Flamenco Queen

Ignore
« Reply #890 on: November 24, 2020, 01:10:21 AM »

Are Eugenie and Jack giving up Ivy cottage at KP? And where does Bea live?

Yes, they are moving from Ivy Cottage at KP to Frogmore Cottage.

I'm not quite sure just where Bea and Edo are now. They moved in together a while back and speculation was that they were at the apartment at St. James formally shared by Bea and Eugenie. I wondered if Bea had simply moved to Edo's apatnment as that would've made less of a transition for Wolfie.

Perhaps others can shed some light?

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."  Theodore Roosevelt
ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #891 on: November 24, 2020, 09:34:11 PM »

DM article today had pic of Bea and Edo shopping and said htey were living at St James too - maybe they'll move in to Ivy if that is free.

The move to Frogmore makes sense for Eug and Jack because atm Eugenie would be considered higher risk due to covid and pregnancy so can't be wandering around London, they need space to start their family and Ivy cottage has none of that. Then you have a house just down the road from her family home and Granny's house with plenty of room and gardens perfect for a family. Harry and Meghan have made it clear they won't be back for Christmas (even if Covid allowed it) and with Covid they realistically aren't going to be back until at least Spring or early Summer - a good 5 months away so why not move in. Even if its just for 5 months then Harry and Meghan move back in it makes sense to me (but I'm not sure they will).

I honestly don't think it should be taken as a suggestion of any future duties, the Queen has always allowed family and friends and former staff  to live on houses on the Estate and if the Crown Estate is getting rent from someone for it then there is no complaint there. H&M can either stay there with Eugenie & Jack (if they get on some houseguests ain't no biggie) or stay in a hotel - Soho House maybe?

I'm made up for Eugenie, Windsor is basically her family home so perfect place to start her own family!

Wha
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #892 on: November 25, 2020, 09:35:42 PM »

There is going to be a big gap of years between the Anne/Edward/Sophie era and the George/Charlotte/Louis years. William cant carry all the engagements and patronages himself. I think the York girls will come in handy. And they comport themselves in a way that does not reflect poorly on the Crown. For kids raised by Andrew and Sarah they've turned out very well. Better, I would argue, than the dumpster fire in Montecito.
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #893 on: November 26, 2020, 04:57:16 AM »

I've thought for years the York sisters would be a huge asset to the firm.
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #894 on: November 26, 2020, 05:39:57 AM »

And just in my schadenfreude party mode, can Eugenie please wear the emerald tiara every time she comes out of Frogmore Cottage?
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #895 on: November 26, 2020, 10:44:52 AM »

And just in my schadenfreude party mode, can Eugenie please wear the emerald tiara every time she comes out of Frogmore Cottage?

I was thinking - or is it just me - that it is a little dig towards Hollywood like "hello there, you have been replaced by a nice couple stepping in for you". Eugenie is a nice choice, she is so undramatic, nice and surely an asset to the royal family if needed.
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #896 on: November 26, 2020, 10:00:56 PM »

Or, "You are not indispensable. Bea and Eugenie will step in. Prepare to be stripped in March. Bugger off."
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #897 on: November 27, 2020, 11:38:07 PM »

Or, "You are not indispensable. Bea and Eugenie will step in. Prepare to be stripped in March. Bugger off."

I can imagine the Queen saying that with a gin in one hand! My mum does an excellent impression of the Queen saying "bugger off". Your comment certainly reminded me of this and gave me a giggle!!
Aubiette

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #898 on: November 27, 2020, 11:53:00 PM »

This made me think of the telling off the Queen gave Charles at the end of this season of the crown. Would love to see her give one of those to the whining Hollywood duo.
dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #899 on: November 30, 2020, 11:16:11 PM »

i would think that eugenie and jack would want to eventually get their own place, however, don't know how that would work... 

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 63   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: