Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Eugenie News  (Read 60237 times)
Princess MS

Warned
Medium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: September 13, 2018, 03:07:16 PM »

I wish Eugenie and Jack a happy wedding day that they will remember without the worst of the baggage that will likely go with it. Both of her parents are "shockers" and the shtick they bring to any occasion is one I happily won't ever experience. But the Virtue Signalling is not a good look and they don't need loads of "serfs" waving them on as well as a horse and cart job. Keep it inside Windsor Castle, keep the expenses in the family. All the cousins and aunts and uncles can be driven in at minimal cost - or if that is not the case - then a few questions about what the UK taxpayer is picking up the bills for needs to asked
Duchess of Suffolk

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: September 14, 2018, 04:19:26 AM »

Morning coat only for male guests Roll Eyes (William's and Harry's had Lounge suit and Uniform also)

Ellie

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: September 14, 2018, 04:42:01 AM »

And? Morning coat seems usual wedding attire in the UK. Always looks classy. Less formal than uniforms and whatnot.
Duchess of Suffolk

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: September 14, 2018, 04:44:53 AM »

And? Morning coat seems usual wedding attire in the UK. Always looks classy. Less formal than uniforms and whatnot.

More strict. More formal than Lounge suit.

rosella
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: September 14, 2018, 05:04:38 AM »

I don't suppose many service personnel are guests at this wedding so the uniform thing isn't an issue. And lounge suits are a good alternative if you have invited quite a few guests from countries where the morning suit isn't really known or usually worn.
Ellie

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: September 14, 2018, 05:25:51 AM »

Seems like all the British aristo wedding I've seen, everyone wears morning suits. I think it looks a lot better and more wedding appropriate than your average suit.
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: September 14, 2018, 02:11:12 PM »

Morning suits are absolutely not usual wedding attire in the UK for normal guests. If the groom wears that, then generally his father, future FIL, best man and ushers will wear it, but for all but aristo weddings (which, of course, this is), male guests would just wear a morning suit or they'd look as bad as a female guest in a long white dress in terms of muscling in.

You can't get a much more aristo wedding than William's or Harry's, and lounge suits seemed to be acceptable attire there. Trust A&S to insist on tails...

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Ellie

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: September 14, 2018, 02:38:05 PM »

Interesting considering every time I've seen Harry and William at other people's weddings, they've been in morning dress, and people at William and Kate's were in it as well? Seems absolutely normal wedding attire to me. As an American it looks far classier than suits. My cousins in the UK, looking at their wedding pictures, seems majority of the guests were also in it so I have been under the impression it's the attire there. I tried to get that for our wedding but everyone thought I was nuts and we had people showing up to my formal wedding in jeans and t-shirts, so...
Curtains

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: September 14, 2018, 02:57:35 PM »

Surprised and getting a giggle that this has Fergieís actual real divorced ex-Royal name/title/style, instead of her shoving in ďTheĒ (which she hasnít been entitled to in decades but is wont to lay claim).

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Ellie

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: September 14, 2018, 03:21:26 PM »

Isn't that how she should be addressed, though? Since she ain't 'The Duchess of York'? Oh I bet it chaps her arse.
Curtains

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: September 14, 2018, 03:49:41 PM »

Isn't that how she should be addressed, though? Since she ain't 'The Duchess of York'? Oh I bet it chaps her arse.

Yes.  But as I said, she likes to pretend to be The Duchess of York rather than her correct name/title/styles. She relies on the fact that others either donít know the correct ones or wonít publicly correct her.  This is the one place (well, two if Bea ever marries) where she canít give herself an upgrade.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Victoria38

Warned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: September 14, 2018, 10:18:39 PM »

Yes.  But as I said, she likes to pretend to be The Duchess of York rather than her correct name/title/styles. She relies on the fact that others either donít know the correct ones or wonít publicly correct her.  This is the one place (well, two if Bea ever marries) where she canít give herself an upgrade.
[/quote

Your right but what annoys me is that ever since she and Diana got divorced and their titles changed to Diana/Sarah, POW/DOY this started to be applied to all royal wives by the media. I don't know how many times I've heard commentators say Catherine, DOC rather than saying The DOC and they do the same with Sophie. I think Fergie cottoned on to this because in recent years she's seemed quite happy to be referred to by her divorced title whereas for years she did seem to encourage chatshow hosts etc to use the pre-married one. I think it suits her that senior royal ladies are often being referred to in the same way as her as it sounds as though she is on an equal footing with them.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 10:28:17 PM by Victoria38 » Logged
Oh_Caroline

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: September 14, 2018, 10:59:05 PM »

Yes.  But as I said, she likes to pretend to be The Duchess of York rather than her correct name/title/styles. She relies on the fact that others either donít know the correct ones or wonít publicly correct her.  This is the one place (well, two if Bea ever marries) where she canít give herself an upgrade.
[/quote

Your right but what annoys me is that ever since she and Diana got divorced and their titles changed to Diana/Sarah, POW/DOY this started to be applied to all royal wives by the media. I don't know how many times I've heard commentators say Catherine, DOC rather than saying The DOC and they do the same with Sophie. I think Fergie cottoned on to this because in recent years she's seemed quite happy to be referred to by her divorced title whereas for years she did seem to encourage chatshow hosts etc to use the pre-married one. I think it suits her that senior royal ladies are often being referred to in the same way as her as it sounds as though she is on an equal footing with them.

Star

I have thought this for years.   I wish that they had either lost all titles and gone back to The Lady Diana Spencer and Ms. Sarah Ferguson or had used a UK version of the model QMII used for Alexandra...and made them life peers with the of being the church that the married in...The Baroness Spencer (of St Paul's in the City of London) and The Baroness Ferguson (of Westminster in the City of Westminster).

If and when any other royal divorces happen (not wishing badness on anyone) then I would rather see Sophie become The Baroness Ryes-Jones (of St. George's/Windsor in the Royal County of Berkshire), Kate become The Baroness Middleton (of Westminster in the City of Westminster), and Meghan become The Baroness Markle (of St. George's/Windsor in the Royal County of Berkshire).   If just loosing their titles isn't a thing.
Margaret

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: September 15, 2018, 12:31:25 AM »

Star

I have thought this for years.   I wish that they had either lost all titles and gone back to The Lady Diana Spencer and Ms. Sarah Ferguson or had used a UK version of the model QMII used for Alexandra...and made them life peers with the of being the church that the married in...The Baroness Spencer (of St Paul's in the City of London) and The Baroness Ferguson (of Westminster in the City of Westminster).

If and when any other royal divorces happen (not wishing badness on anyone) then I would rather see Sophie become The Baroness Ryes-Jones (of St. George's/Windsor in the Royal County of Berkshire), Kate become The Baroness Middleton (of Westminster in the City of Westminster), and Meghan become The Baroness Markle (of St. George's/Windsor in the Royal County of Berkshire).   If just loosing their titles isn't a thing.

Sounds like a good idea to me.  It would draw a clear line after which they were no longer entitled to be known by the female form of their husband's substantive title, and would give them something that is clearly their own.  It is arguable they have done nothing much to deserve even a life peerage because the royal jobs they did while married they did voluntarily as part and parcel of being married to their husband, and that during the marriage they were rewarded for performing the jobs that came with the marriage by living lives of immense privilege and having all their not insubstantial living expenses paid and were fed and watered in style.  However it is also arguable that others who are rewarded with life peerages were only doing their jobs and were paid for those jobs, and it would only apply in those few exceptional cases of divorced royals.   
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 12:37:00 AM by Margaret » Logged
Oh_Caroline

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: September 15, 2018, 02:51:31 AM »

Star

I have thought this for years.   I wish that they had either lost all titles and gone back to The Lady Diana Spencer and Ms. Sarah Ferguson or had used a UK version of the model QMII used for Alexandra...and made them life peers with the of being the church that the married in...The Baroness Spencer (of St Paul's in the City of London) and The Baroness Ferguson (of Westminster in the City of Westminster).

If and when any other royal divorces happen (not wishing badness on anyone) then I would rather see Sophie become The Baroness Ryes-Jones (of St. George's/Windsor in the Royal County of Berkshire), Kate become The Baroness Middleton (of Westminster in the City of Westminster), and Meghan become The Baroness Markle (of St. George's/Windsor in the Royal County of Berkshire).   If just loosing their titles isn't a thing.

Sounds like a good idea to me.  It would draw a clear line after which they were no longer entitled to be known by the female form of their husband's substantive title, and would give them something that is clearly their own.  It is arguable they have done nothing much to deserve even a life peerage because the royal jobs they did while married they did voluntarily as part and parcel of being married to their husband, and that during the marriage they were rewarded for performing the jobs that came with the marriage by living lives of immense privilege and having all their not insubstantial living expenses paid and were fed and watered in style.  However it is also arguable that others who are rewarded with life peerages were only doing their jobs and were paid for those jobs, and it would only apply in those few exceptional cases of divorced royals.   

Plus it would be another way to make sure they couldn't bad mouth the monarchy.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: