Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 60   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Eugenie News  (Read 144100 times)
emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #810 on: October 17, 2020, 09:39:03 AM »

Duck for cover, SvenskaSarah, LL: blingies incoming!  Yikes   Star Star

ITA jerry4.  Star Star although Bea and Eug could have done more to aid their own cause. Throwing York women to the wolves, while burnishing the image of their royal relatives, goes back a generation. SWWNBN did it to their mother.

What is SWWNBN? 😺

She who will not be named
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #811 on: October 17, 2020, 10:06:20 AM »

ITA jerry4.  Star Star although Bea and Eug could have done more to aid their own cause. Throwing York women to the wolves, while burnishing the image of their royal relatives, goes back a generation. SWWNBN did it to their mother.

I am pretty fucking tired of this SWWNBN business  Snare

Just stop it. Do y’all think we’re stupid Snare Also Diana is O/T. As is William and Harry.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #812 on: October 17, 2020, 10:33:07 AM »

I am pretty fucking tired of this SWWNBN business  Snare

Just stop it. Do y’all think we’re stupid Snare Also Diana is O/T. As is William and Harry.

I qualify as stupid- I still don’t know who is being spoken of. And now I will never know! 😬 (Fine with that though)
Emac0914

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #813 on: October 17, 2020, 05:04:52 PM »

Think Beatrice and Eugenie have always been bad-mouthed since the word go because of Andrew and Sarah, who in my opinion and considering the circumstances, did a good job raising them with their united front.  Look at all the psychological “dirt” coming out about William and Harry’s upbringing, with Charles and Diana’s warring divorce.  Hope that down the road, as the older generation of Elizabeth’s cousins “retire”, there will be more official royal duties for these two.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #814 on: October 17, 2020, 09:49:23 PM »

Think Beatrice and Eugenie have always been bad-mouthed since the word go because of Andrew and Sarah, who in my opinion and considering the circumstances, did a good job raising them with their united front.  Look at all the psychological “dirt” coming out about William and Harry’s upbringing, with Charles and Diana’s warring divorce.  Hope that down the road, as the older generation of Elizabeth’s cousins “retire”, there will be more official royal duties for these two.

I think there will be, if they want them, only because there will be less people to do the work.
Queen’s Tea

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #815 on: October 17, 2020, 10:18:03 PM »

I agree with you.  As much as I feel for what Wm and his brother went through, I feel more compassion for these girls and am really happy that they have turned out so well.  Their parents deserve a lot of credit for raising them as well as they apparently have. 

Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #816 on: October 17, 2020, 10:37:36 PM »

Unpopular opinion alert...

The time for random nieces/nephews/cousins to be on the official roster is over.  Heck by the time the Cambridge kids are grown I sincerely doubt that Charlotte and Louis will be given official roles.  The thing to remember is there is a big difference between being an officially funded royal and being a member of the BRF who maintains their own charitiable portfolio (and attend major events at the Sovereign’s invitation).

Beatrice and Eugenie are doing very well in the latter category...though I would like to see them at state banquets because if Prince and Princess Michael of Kent can attend then so should the Mapelli-Mozzi and Brooksbank couples.

Plus...they may very well be quiet happy with how things are.  After all they’re currently getting all of the perks with none of the duties.

Sorry all you’re not going to be able to convince me that they’ll ever be needed as official working royals.  Yes with fewer working members things will be different but different doesn’t need to be a bad thing.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #817 on: October 17, 2020, 11:03:03 PM »

The time for random nieces/nephews/cousins to be on the official roster is over.  Heck by the time the Cambridge kids are grown I sincerely doubt that Charlotte and Louis will be given official roles.  The thing to remember is there is a big difference between being an officially funded royal and being a member of the BRF who maintains their own charitiable portfolio (and attend major events at the Sovereign’s invitation).

Beatrice and Eugenie are doing very well in the latter category...though I would like to see them at state banquets because if Prince and Princess Michael of Kent can attend then so should the Mapelli-Mozzi and Brooksbank couples.

Plus...they may very well be quiet happy with how things are.  After all they’re currently getting all of the perks with none of the duties.

Sorry all you’re not going to be able to convince me that they’ll ever be needed as official working royals.  Yes with fewer working members things will be different but different doesn’t need to be a bad thing.

I think Eugenie may have been asked to step up - a sign that there are no plans to let Markle back...
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #818 on: October 17, 2020, 11:14:40 PM »

Or it could just be a natural continuation of her personal experience.  After all her own journey with scoliosis is very important to her.  Not everything has to do people who are OT.
Lady G

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #819 on: October 17, 2020, 11:38:54 PM »

I'll give you an unpopular opinion...less working royals will signal the end of the monarchy. Less patronages means less visits to the regions, less connection to ordinary people ("I must be seen to be believed") and a breaking of the unwritten social contract between the monarchy and the nation. Game over.

"Cowards falter, but danger is often overcome by those who nobly dare."
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #820 on: October 18, 2020, 12:02:19 AM »

I guess the rest of the monarchies in Europe should be damn happy they’re not the BRF because no one else has over a dozen working members. 

The transition would need to be careful managed but as older members retired the working roster naturally slims itself.  But not replacing the retired members the BRF embraces that naturally slimming.  As long as those still working are pulling their weight then it’s unlikely to be a doomsday scenario. 

Example...with the Sovereign never retiring (dying at 100) and other retiring at 90.

2020–2026    12 working members
2027             10 (The Queen’s death and The Duke of Kent’s retirement)
2028–2034    9 (Princess Alexandra’s retirement)
2035–2036    8 (The Duke of Gloucester’s retirement)
2037             7 (The Duchess of Gloucester’s retirement)
2038–2040    7 (Camilla’s retirement and George becomes a working royal as he’s 25)
2040–2048    7 (Anne’s retirement and George’s spouse)
2048–2054    6 (Charles’s death)
2055+           4 (Edward and Sophie’s retirement)

That’s 30+ years of a carefully managed transition to only the Sovereign and heir(s) as funded royals and other royal still being able to support charities on their own time.
Queen’s Tea

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #821 on: October 18, 2020, 12:12:33 AM »

I get what you’re saying, but what if there’s a monarch who doesn’t marry and/or if they have no children?  You could ‘“slim down” to nothing. 
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #822 on: October 18, 2020, 12:37:10 AM »

I get you.  There would need to be logical adjustments made.  It's not perfect but I do think it's better than have everyone and their cat as funded royals.  I just don't see nieces/nephews/cousins or even siblings as needed (provided that the line is already secure).  Should there be concern then it should be evaluated on a case by case basis.  Younger siblings would need to understanding that things were uncertain until the next generation was born but that shouldn't prevent them from living their own lives until it was clear that the Crown needed them.
ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #823 on: October 18, 2020, 12:40:06 AM »

I think we will see a middle ground, already we have Anne and Edward's kids who have no HRH and for whom there seems no plans for royal roles, likewise at present Bea and Eugenie may have HRH & Princess but are 'private royals' with no duties so the pool of HRH and Prince/Princesses will be much smaller in times ahead, at the end of the day if they need more royals for some reason they can always invite other members of the family to work for them and do duties (some believe the Wessex children technically have royal titles that they do not use). I agree having somewhat distant relations working for the Crown isn't a very "modern" look. But recent times should also show us that slimming the RF down to a core may have issues - in the BRF three senior royals have gone in two years.

In theory a slow transition to King/Queen and heir/spouse is perfectly possible but it would mean a huge change in approach to royal duties -  less "face time" with the public but that could be overcome with social media allowing the royals to connect around the country as we have seen during lockdown and focussing on less patronages of charities and organisations and more having their own charities such as the "Royal Foundation". However, this comes with risks. There is no doubt for example that the likes of Charles, Anne Sophie and Edward having good working relationships with a large number of charities gives the monarchy as a whole a firm handle on current issues in the country in a way having your own foundation may not.

I do wonder if the RF have this mapped out for years to come or if it will evolve organically.
Queen’s Tea

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #824 on: October 18, 2020, 03:26:43 AM »

It will be very interesting to see what happens 10-20 years down the road.   I’m sure the taxpayers would likely prefer your version of the monarchy. 
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 60   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: