Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Eugenie News  (Read 144092 times)
GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #855 on: November 21, 2020, 08:39:15 AM »

I honest to god wish I had never accidentally bumped the thread.
Zazoo

Small Member

Cyprus Cyprus

Ignore
« Reply #856 on: November 21, 2020, 09:01:47 AM »

I don’t see why is a problem the previous occupants are no longer active royals. Have supposedly pay the modifications etc back and now the house that belongs to the crown estate theoretically can be leased by anyone(in the family or in the family employment). Its ideal for a soon to be family of three in a secure environment so good for them.
Did I understand it wrong? What’s the problem with Eugene taking the house.

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." ? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #857 on: November 21, 2020, 09:05:58 AM »

I suspect Harry was told he would be giving up the house, and was being given the face-saving public excuse that his cousin would be living there. I can't see the Queen organizing a temporary home for Eugenie, Jack and bub.

Harry will REALLY be feeling the loss of a real old English house, as he looks around his vulgar stone-veneer McMansion.

In covid times as is the case in the UK at the moment I could see a short term arrangement ahead of a baby and perhaps plans already in place to move to a house elsewhere in the future. When I bought my current house I had a 4 month settlement period from exchange of sale contract to completion. A friend recently did similar when she sold her house as it got her a better price in the end. But I agree that it has been "arranged" to suit the parties concerned.

Both Jack and Eugenie come from money - lots more on her side. His family lives in Buckinghamshire - you need mega bucks to live there but his father was a "professional" who would have had a large annual pay packet to afford the mortgage. The grandparents would probably have paid the school fees ...... I lived in Gerrards Cross in 2003/04 (my employer paid the costs as I was on a short term reassignment to the UK office close by). The way money was managed in that world was an eye opener and I'm sure the same is happening today. Family friends find jobs - in need - to keep the continuum going
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #858 on: November 21, 2020, 09:51:05 AM »

It is nice that the house will be occupied by a couple who will appreciate it. I hate to say it but I wouldn’t be surprised if Genie likes the aesthetics of the house. Meghan has a pretty modern approach to design.
LadyBunion

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #859 on: November 21, 2020, 10:29:25 AM »

Vaguely wondered if this was a pre-cursor to Eugenie taking on Royal duties in the future, now that others who would have done them are not around?
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #860 on: November 21, 2020, 10:50:32 AM »

Vaguely wondered if this was a pre-cursor to Eugenie taking on Royal duties in the future, now that others who would have done them are not around?

I wonder that too... With the Sussexes out of the picture the RF has one less couple to perform royal duties. And the York girls are the next ones in the pecking order ( excl. their father).

I guess we'll find out quite soon when Charles eventually gets the top job.

Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #861 on: November 21, 2020, 10:55:04 AM »

It is nice that the house will be occupied by a couple who will appreciate it. I hate to say it but I wouldn’t be surprised if Genie likes the aesthetics of the house. Meghan has a pretty modern approach to design.

I demur on the 'modern' - Meghan is completely unsophisticated in her approach to design. Her interiors are unimaginative, I'd even say banal. Her choices of artworks are bizarre in their lack of engagement with the art world. Formulaic machine prints ...

To me this indicates just what an illusion is being created, without substance, about Meghan's engagement with the creative world. Actual wealthy creatives go to exhibitions and purchase original artworks.

Their lack of money beyond freebies and commercial 'arrangements' is starting to show, I think.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #862 on: November 21, 2020, 04:56:34 PM »

On the other hand the interior is probably a rather blank canvas to change for something more personal rather easily. I assume everything is rather beigy and whitish, toss all the boho chic, remove the urban outfitter pillows and accessories and the many many many photos of Meghan and you can decorate on your own.

What I find somewhat interesting is that Frogmore is the second home Eugenie and Jack take over from the Markles. So perhaps Eugenie does like the decorating style?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Bunnyette

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #863 on: November 21, 2020, 05:39:01 PM »

I for one am glad to see Eugenie's cousin offering her his house,  win win on all sides.  Eugenie & Jack will be near crazy granny Sarah and be able to hold baby up near a window so great gran QEII can see him/her.  Cousin could use the rent to pay off what is owed on the house.

Yes I think Charles may be reconsidering his idea of slimmed down as it was slimmed down but not from who he was expecting.  Ed, Sophie & Anne can help but Eugenie & Bea would be excellent additions even if part time.
periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #864 on: November 21, 2020, 05:41:45 PM »

Yes I think Charles may be reconsidering his idea of slimmed down as it was slimmed down but not from who he was expecting.  Ed, Sophie & Anne can help but Eugenie & Bea would be excellent additions even if part time.

I can't help but think with Eugenie and Beatrice on the straight and narrow that if wanted they would make excellent supplements to the royal mob. Not "full time royals" but the new Kents and Gloucesters. Invited to state dinners but not appearing on the balcony.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #865 on: November 21, 2020, 07:37:43 PM »

I can't help but think with Eugenie and Beatrice on the straight and narrow that if wanted they would make excellent supplements to the royal mob. Not "full time royals" but the new Kents and Gloucesters. Invited to state dinners but not appearing on the balcony.
I agree that the York sisters would be excellent supplements on a part-time basis  as even Anne, Edward and Sophie will age out at some point in the future.
Kayzilla

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #866 on: November 21, 2020, 09:07:13 PM »

I for one am glad to see Eugenie's cousin offering her his house,  win win on all sides.  Eugenie & Jack will be near crazy granny Sarah and be able to hold baby up near a window so great gran QEII can see him/her.  Cousin could use the rent to pay off what is owed on the house.

I agree with all of this! I think Eugenie will be very happy to live so near her parents and grandmother, and it keeps the property in use so it won't fall into disrepair again. Beatrice and Eugenie would be very enthusiastic ambassadors for The Firm, and I have always thought Charles was wasting a resource by excluding those two rather than saving resources (as I think was his intention).
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #867 on: November 22, 2020, 03:32:28 PM »

I think this is great. Both in terms of the new, expensive renovation having someone to live in it, and also hopeful that Bea and Eugenie will take up the duties that the dumpster fires walked away from. And I hope she wears that Emerald tiara morning, noon and night.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #868 on: November 22, 2020, 04:48:52 PM »

It is a very clever move: There is a generation change ... even if they live forever, with Covid not under control EII can't continue working the way she did, even Charles, Anne and soon Edward are in the high risk age bracket. Also the other elderly relatives.

It will very soon boil down to Wills + Kate. If Eugenie is willing to step up and does jobs - why not? Her dad can't.
jolene

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #869 on: November 22, 2020, 06:44:51 PM »

I think this is great. Both in terms of the new, expensive renovation having someone to live in it, and also hopeful that Bea and Eugenie will take up the duties that the dumpster fires walked away from. And I hope she wears that Emerald tiara morning, noon and night.
Bummer that we won't have any state dinners anytime soon. Would love to see the sisters sport tiaras again. And I want a better look at Sophie's redesigned one.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: