Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 91   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Eugenie News  (Read 233720 times)
Emac0914

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1275 on: June 21, 2021, 12:13:28 AM »

I agree, Lady Liebe - hopefully with christening photos.

I like her interesting sunglasses, too, Periwinkle.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1276 on: June 21, 2021, 11:29:38 AM »

I am surprised he is not already baptized, I thought it happened normally 2-3 months after the birth. Would they announce it beforehand or at all? I'm not sure.
I think if all is well with the baby, you can have the baptism at any point in their lives. It has become quite a trend here to wait until the child is a bit older, so they can build some memories. My daughters were baptised in their father's church and since we at the time lived overseas, daughter two was 6 months and daughter three already almost 9 months old.. I have been to confirmations (which usually happens at around 13-14 yo) and several of the kids were baptised directly before the confirmation.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1277 on: June 21, 2021, 12:05:55 PM »

I’m Episcopalian and was baptized at 9 months…mostly because we moved twice between my birth and baptism.  My sister was younger but it was a bit of a rush as she was a very large baby and our parents wanted to make sure she fit in the family gown.
emtishell

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1278 on: June 21, 2021, 01:44:43 PM »

Cute cute cute. The last pic is so wonderful. Auggie really takes after his grandfather in that next to last picture like that is totally Andrew as a baby. Also she always has the cutest sunglasses.

Agree, I also thought he looks a lot like his grandpa!
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #1279 on: June 21, 2021, 06:00:23 PM »

I am surprised he is not already baptized, I thought it happened normally 2-3 months after the birth. Would they announce it beforehand or at all? I'm not sure.
I think if all is well with the baby, you can have the baptism at any point in their lives. It has become quite a trend here to wait until the child is a bit older, so they can build some memories. My daughters were baptised in their father's church and since we at the time lived overseas, daughter two was 6 months and daughter three already almost 9 months old.. I have been to confirmations (which usually happens at around 13-14 yo) and several of the kids were baptised directly before the confirmation.

I used to teach a communion class for kids at the third grade level - children were not supposed to partake of communion in the Presbyterian church until they understood (at their level) what it meant. There were three instruction units and I added in baking the communion bread to the last unit. Since one of the requirements for receiving the sacrament was to be baptized, we occasionally had kids who needed to be baptized then and ditto when it came time for confirmation. 

I was present for the baptism of a woman in a nursing home who did not know if she'd ever been baptized. That was the most poignant. The one that took the most physical consideration was a lady in her ninth month who was joining the church - there's no bending over the font either way.

Anyway, I think they are waiting until everyone is vaccinated and able to attend. While HM has not been present at all her great grands christenings, I think she'll want to be present particularly for August and Lucas. It's a time and a lovely reason for the family to celebrate.

Here's a question for our Anglican posters, does the COE recognize baptism in other denominations? I'm asking because I was wondering if the baptisms could be done at Balmoral?

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #1280 on: June 21, 2021, 06:03:38 PM »

Cute cute cute. The last pic is so wonderful. Auggie really takes after his grandfather in that next to last picture like that is totally Andrew as a baby. Also she always has the cutest sunglasses.

I think Eugenie has a touch - and that's all that's needed! of Sarah zaniness and it pops out occasionally in ways like this.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Ellie

Muted
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #1281 on: June 21, 2021, 06:28:14 PM »

Considering the UK will be in lockdown again by autumn, as the government's drip fed about, well, I doubt he will ever be baptised.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1282 on: June 21, 2021, 10:32:33 PM »

Well they could be anywhere and apparently beige was the tones at Anmer as well .... not in my place.... too bland

I was just thinking how much I love the little bits of their home we've seen.  Blush

I love white/beige backgrounds and then add in coloured accessories. So much easier to trade out the accessories when you want a new colour than to paint all over again!
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1283 on: June 22, 2021, 02:32:50 AM »

I think Eugenie has a touch - and that's all that's needed! of Sarah zaniness and it pops out occasionally in ways like this.

A touch of zaniness is a good way to put it!  I always think these sunglasses look like welding goggles, so it's fun to me to see that other Dishers like them!
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1284 on: June 22, 2021, 03:19:30 AM »

A touch of zaniness is a good way to put it!  I always think these sunglasses look like welding goggles, so it's fun to me to see that other Dishers like them!

All the coolest kids have them Cordelia!
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1285 on: June 22, 2021, 03:43:36 AM »

All the coolest kids have them Cordelia!

Ha!  Seeing as how I was asked this weekend, "You do know what TikTok is, right?," I am pretty clearly NOT a cool kid anymore!  Laugh bounce
Ellie

Muted
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #1286 on: June 22, 2021, 04:25:22 AM »

TikTok makes me feel so old.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Athena

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1287 on: June 22, 2021, 08:38:45 AM »

... Here's a question for our Anglican posters, does the COE recognize baptism in other denominations? I'm asking because I was wondering if the baptisms could be done at Balmoral? 

Most mainstream churches will recognise a baptism that uses water and the Trinitarian Formula:

According to the doctrines of Roman Catholicism, Oriental Orthodoxy, Eastern Orthodoxy, and most forms of Protestantism, such as Lutheranism and Anglicanism, a baptism is not valid unless the Trinitarian formula is used in the administration of that sacrament.

https://en.wikipedia.org/...an_formula#Use_in_baptism

My own Anglican infant baptism was valid when I was received into and was confirmed in the Roman Catholic church.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #1288 on: June 22, 2021, 03:25:18 PM »

... Here's a question for our Anglican posters, does the COE recognize baptism in other denominations? I'm asking because I was wondering if the baptisms could be done at Balmoral? 

Most mainstream churches will recognise a baptism that uses water and the Trinitarian Formula:

According to the doctrines of Roman Catholicism, Oriental Orthodoxy, Eastern Orthodoxy, and most forms of Protestantism, such as Lutheranism and Anglicanism, a baptism is not valid unless the Trinitarian formula is used in the administration of that sacrament.

https://en.wikipedia.org/...an_formula#Use_in_baptism

My own Anglican infant baptism was valid when I was received into and was confirmed in the Roman Catholic church.

Thank you, Athena. I knew our RC baptisms were accepted when we joined the Presbyterian Church, though we did have to show our certificates. I'd heard of a few denominations that required another baptism, to fit the whys and wherefores of their precepts.

Both CoE and the Presbyterians use the Trinitarian formula  - a look at the CoE baptismal service online compared to the Presbyterian Book of Common Worship shows them to be very very much alike, word for word in many cases. 

anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1289 on: June 22, 2021, 05:24:21 PM »

TikTok makes me feel so old.

I loooove Tik Tok, especially the dances! They're so fun to do.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 91   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: