Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Tiara  (Read 21317 times)
Rearden

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2011, 02:59:42 PM »

Queen Elizabeth II has given Kate a diamond and pearl tiara -- the Queen’s jewelry collection is acclaimed among the world’s largest, collected from the reigns of many British sovereigns.

http://www.bhcourier.com/...mes_Franco_And_More/75541

The only one that I remember that has diamonds and pearls is the Lover's Knot 

"You can never be too rich or too thin" - HRH The Duchess of Windsor Cambridge
Rearden

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2011, 12:59:51 AM »

I've read in the RJOTW that according to an US mag Kate got a newly made tiara

"You can never be too rich or too thin" - HRH The Duchess of Windsor Cambridge
Izzy

Micro Member

Dominican Republic Dominican Republic

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2011, 01:16:35 AM »

Maybe that's the best option, in this way she can get something that fits her (boring) personality.....
PrincessMolly
Banned
Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2011, 06:54:25 AM »

Which US magazine? All I have heard it was possibly the vlademir tiara. I'd be interested the source the magazine had, or if it is simply speculation like the designer for the dress. I wouldn't be opposed to a new made tiara, hopefully a nicer job than Sophie's first one.
danifaul

Large Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2011, 10:23:06 AM »

Queen Elizabeth II has given Kate a diamond and pearl tiara -- the Queen’s jewelry collection is acclaimed among the world’s largest, collected from the reigns of many British sovereigns.

diamonds and pearls
tiara Vladimir,tiara The Ladies of England Tiara and tiara Papyrus

WEDDING CROWN FOR THE MARCHIONESS BERKSHIRE http://www.royalwatchers....archioness-berkshire.html

THE PORTLAND -JEWELS - THE LONDON SALE,1 December 2010

The Queen celebrating...return of BRF
PrincessMolly
Banned
Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2011, 10:56:03 AM »

diamonds and pearls
tiara Vladimir,tiara The Ladies of England Tiara and tiara Papyrus

WEDDING CROWN FOR THE MARCHIONESS BERKSHIRE http://www.royalwatchers....archioness-berkshire.html

I thought I read it here, or on one of the other posts, that Diana never worse the vlad, that the picture was photo shopped or was the lover's knot.  I could be wrong.
danifaul

Large Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2011, 11:29:03 AM »

tiara Papyrus
tiara Vladimir

I thought I read it here, or on one of the other posts, that Diana never worse the vlad, that the picture was photo shopped or was the lover's knot.  I could be wrong.
Yes I'm sorry  Blush

The Queen celebrating...return of BRF
PrincessMolly
Banned
Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2011, 05:21:23 PM »

Yes I'm sorry  Blush

[/quote]

Thanks for the photos. I really love the papyrus, is it still owned by the queen. It is like the strathmore, far smaller and more delicate. I'd prefer to see it over the lover's knot, and not just because of the link to Diana though that is part. The vlad is big too, and I don't know if the queen would even loan it, it is a favorite.
boof

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2011, 06:12:50 PM »

Ooooh, after the Lovers Knot tiara, my favourite is the Vladmir.  I don't usually like pearls, but for some reason these 2 tiara's just do it for me!

I don't think Kate will get anything that grand, as in that large and intricate.  i think the Queen will select something very appropriate both in size and importance.  At any rate, whatever she wears, it will be a tiara, and it's not like she's ever worn one before--that wasn't a party favour! 

"The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen." ~Tommy Smothers

I agree.  If you don't like what I have to say, feel free to press the ignore button.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2011, 06:21:43 PM »

Oh, dani....you are too kind  Star  Hug  thank you very much!

I'll take both of those, they are delish....  Champagne Lolipop

Izzy

Micro Member

Dominican Republic Dominican Republic

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2011, 07:54:02 PM »

I don't think she is going to use something too big, maybe a small but pretty tiara is the best option...
rogue

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2011, 08:18:07 PM »

Will she be able to keep them or does she have to return them to the Queen
Helena

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2011, 11:48:48 PM »

I do hope so.  And then if she lasts, and only if she lasts, she can wear heirloom pieces in the future should she becomes Princess of Wales.
PrincessMolly
Banned
Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2011, 07:41:43 AM »

Ooooh, after the Lovers Knot tiara, my favourite is the Vladmir.  I don't usually like pearls, but for some reason these 2 tiara's just do it for me!

I don't think Kate will get anything that grand, as in that large and intricate.  i think the Queen will select something very appropriate both in size and importance.  At any rate, whatever she wears, it will be a tiara, and it's not like she's ever worn one before--that wasn't a party favour! 

If it is a bigger one, it will likely be the lover's knot, but I hope not, too much Diana connection. I love the Vlad, but it has always been associated witht the queen, worn by the queen. It became well known as Queen Mary's, and now Elizabeth has worn it ever since her corrination.I think the next head we see it on will be Camilla. I have a feeling we will see a new tiara, or a much smaller low key one. I was holding out hope for the strathmore rose, a connection to the queen mum, but it doesn't fit the diamond and pearl description, so I guess I'm out of luck.
PrincessMolly
Banned
Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2011, 07:45:44 AM »

Will she be able to keep them or does she have to return them to the Queen

It depends, if it is lent to her, or given as a gift. Diana was given the camebridge lover's knot to use while she was alive. It was returned to the queen when she died. If we saw the Vlad, I'd think it would only be a loan, as it is a personal favorite of the queen. I think it will either be a far more minor tiara, or like Fergie and Sophie (wives of younger sons or in Kate's case a wife of a grandson) perhaps a new tiara made. When she becomes princess of Wales, then perhaps she will have access to more of the heirloom ones.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: