Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How long does “warned” status last?  (Read 1409 times)
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« on: August 03, 2020, 11:23:25 AM »

I’ve been “warned” for about five months... 😬. Might there be an end in sight? Any other long-termers in the site who can advise when their status was lifted? I can’t even remember the reason!!!!!
Pomme

Gigantic Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 11:35:29 AM »

IIRC there's some sort of glitch which prevents the removal of warnings.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 01:35:10 PM by Pomme » Logged

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 12:36:44 PM »

I’ve been “warned” for about five months... 😬. Might there be an end in sight? Any other long-termers in the site who can advise when their status was lifted? I can’t even remember the reason!!!!!

I have been on a warning for years - yes years as in I was given my warning on the 9th May 2015 and it has never been lifted. It used to be an automatic lifting after two months but now it is a permanent thing.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 01:17:33 PM »

I have been on a warning for years - yes years as in I was given my warning on the 9th May 2015 and it has never been lifted. It used to be an automatic lifting after two months but now it is a permanent thing.

Oh my goodness! Maria, is clemency a possibility?
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 01:30:47 PM »

IIRC there's some sort of glitch which prevents the removal warnings.

Don’t you just love technology.
Booklover

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 03:43:37 PM »

Warned a year ago and still warned.
Royaltyfan

Warned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2020, 06:25:07 PM »

Warned since August 2015, I think it's a permanent thing now.
Can't remember what I did back than  Thinking

I carry your heart with me, I carry it in my heart, I am never without it... - E.E. Cummings
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2020, 06:35:02 PM »

IIRC there's some sort of glitch which prevents the removal of warnings.

Pretty sure there's some sort of arcane ritual which will remove it. I can't remember the exact details, but I think it involves a full moon, flaming torches and beige pumps.

Sipping Nescafe from a stained mug in the kitchen every morning became a ritual. Then they took turns making breakfast from Pop Tarts purchased from the all night garage, or nibbled on left over pizza from the Dominos trattoria.
whiplashhx

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2020, 06:43:49 PM »

I swear I remember someone else asking Maria this and she said undoing warnings was apart of one of the functions that doesn't work

The board helper function is essentially defunct at this point after a few board helpers betrayed our trust and were told off for it. It wasn’t something we felt like sharing with the entire board because honestly that kind of behaviour does not deserve to be rewarded with drama.

There are quite a few practical functions and settings at the board that doesn’t work at this point. To fix it the board need to be updated. Something we are hesitant to do because we will loose a lot of unique settings and, worse, possibly, lots of posts.

It’s unfortunate and we don’t really know what to do about it. Currently we have two fill time jobs and running the board is taking time from well, our life so it’s not prioritised. I guess it shows occasionally. Then again the board was never meant to be moderated so everyone can help by keeping the peace and reporting troublesome posts/posters.
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2020, 02:04:04 AM »

I remember that post which is why I don't worry about the fact I have been on a warning now for over five years.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2020, 02:22:43 AM »

I swear I remember someone else asking Maria this and she said undoing warnings was apart of one of the functions that doesn't work

The board helper function is essentially defunct at this point after a few board helpers betrayed our trust and were told off for it. It wasn’t something we felt like sharing with the entire board because honestly that kind of behaviour does not deserve to be rewarded with drama.

There are quite a few practical functions and settings at the board that doesn’t work at this point. To fix it the board need to be updated. Something we are hesitant to do because we will loose a lot of unique settings and, worse, possibly, lots of posts.

It’s unfortunate and we don’t really know what to do about it. Currently we have two fill time jobs and running the board is taking time from well, our life so it’s not prioritised. I guess it shows occasionally. Then again the board was never meant to be moderated so everyone can help by keeping the peace and reporting troublesome posts/posters.

For the record, I’m a board helper and I certainly am not among any “betrayers of trust” throng! As I recall, my peccadillo was to post something OT. It’ll be a real shame if ‘board helper’ is viewed as a badge of shame if accompanied by an ancient and unrelated ‘warned’ sticker. Oh well, looks as though it can’t be helped. Thanks for the advice everyone! And a big thanks to Thomas and Maria.👏🏼
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: